Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I got my V330 yesterday and have managed to make it boot up into MacOS by using @luebecker 's config.plist and have the trackpad working thanks to @minihack. I'm currently waiting for my replacement Wi-Fi card to arrive.

However audio does not work. i have tried both of the .aml which MiniHack listed but neither worked.

i have attached the problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_24406.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Hi, I got my V330 yesterday and have managed to make it boot up into MacOS by using @luebecker 's config.plist and have the trackpad working thanks to @minihack. I'm currently waiting for my replacement Wi-Fi card to arrive.

However audio does not work. i have tried both of the .aml which MiniHack listed but neither worked.

i have attached the problem reporting files.
The problem was too hard to be missed/not spotted (only if you would've taken a look at your kextcache output), you would've seen that:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa8a2cca2e0 [0x7fff8f10c8f0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
AppleALC.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
AppleALC.kext is not installed correctly, remove it and install it the correct way.

Simply create a folder on desktop called kext and place AppleALC.kext on that folder.
Open terminal and write the two following command:
Code:
cd desktop/kext
sudo cp -R AppleALC.kext /Library/Extensions/
now rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and audio should be working.

The problem was too hard to be missed/not spotted (only if you would've taken a look at your kextcache output), you would've seen that:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa8a2cca2e0 [0x7fff8f10c8f0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
AppleALC.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
AppleALC.kext is not installed correctly, remove it and install it the correct way.

Simply create a folder on desktop called kext and place AppleALC.kext on that folder.
Open terminal and write the two following command:
Code:
cd desktop/kext
sudo cp -R AppleALC.kext /Library/Extensions/
now rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and audio should be working.

Thanks, it worked! Sorry if I was annoying (I sensed a bit of sarcasm in the first bit but it's probably just me.) i just had no idea what i would be looking for in the log files. I should've checked the kexts folder before I moved the initial ones as I had only realised AppleALC was missing after and just Drag & Dropped.

I only need to wait for the Apple wi-fi card and the adapter for a fully working machine.

Thank you for this guide and your help.

Replaced the screen today with an AUO B156HAN01.1 which was a direct swap to upgrade from TN screen type to IPS. It is not too hard to do and there are a few tutorial videos out there. The new screen is so much better and has none of the colour washout/ viewing angle problems of the original. For reference, my original screen was : AUO B156HTN03.8.

Last edited:
Thanks, it worked! Sorry if I was annoying (I sensed a bit of sarcasm in the first bit but it's probably just me.) i just had no idea what i would be looking for in the log files. I should've checked the kexts folder before I moved the initial ones as I had only realised AppleALC was missing after and just Drag & Dropped.

I only need to wait for the Apple wi-fi card and the adapter for a fully working machine.

Thank you for this guide and your help.
Glad you got it working now.

Don't worry about it, i don't mind anything at all, the main purpose of this guide, of my work here and of this site is to help people.
I just said that in a way (that i really feel bad sometimes for the time that someone losses and the headache,pain of hours of struggling to fix something that could've been easily fixed if they would've spent 5 min reading the entire guide carefully), nothing else, im here to help people and help them solve their problems.

About trackpad i see that many of these laptops do come with Synaptics Touchpad so i will update the guide with a touchpad section and a separate zip file with the synaptics kexts for touchpad soon.

Replaced the screen today with an AUO B156HAN01.1 which was a direct swap to upgrade from TN screen type to IPS. It is not too hard to do and there are a few tutorial videos out there. The new screen is so much better and has none of the colour washout/ viewing angle problems of the original. For reference, my original screen was : AUO B156HTN03.8.
Excellent job @minihack
I will make a section on the guide were i will list Possible Upgrades for this laptop for the amazing job that you did.
Thanks for the inspiration, i will definitely upgrade my display first, then order the ultrabay battery and card together.
Also my wallet says i hate you for crushing my bones :thumbup:

Oops, sorry got the link wrong in my post above. Corrected now though it should be: http://www.panelook.com/B156HAN01.1_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_19048.html
Im thinking between these ones, but the first on my list for now is:
http://www.panelook.com/NV156FHM-N61_BOE_15.6_LCM_overview_29824.html
This one has 16.7M colors instead of 262K and 800:1 Contrast Ratio.
Not sure if i should go over this one or the exact model as yours ? what do you think, same price as your model from what i looked so far.
From my researches both do go around 45 euro.

Im thinking between these ones, but the first on my list for now is:
http://www.panelook.com/NV156FHM-N61_BOE_15.6_LCM_overview_29824.html
This one has 16.7M colors instead of 262K and 800:1 Contrast Ratio.
Not sure if i should go over this one or the exact model as yours ? what do you think, same price as your model from what i looked so far.
From my researches both do go around 45 euro.
That one looks good and the specifications are definitely better on paper. However, it is slightly smaller outline and It does not seem to have the same mounting system though as the original screen, so you might need to tape it in place. I am not sure how I feel about that.....the one I got has exactly the same mounting hardware as the original and that does make the whole operation very very easy.

That one looks good and the specifications are definitely better on paper. However, it is slightly smaller outline and It does not seem to have the same mounting system though as the original screen, so you might need to tape it in place. I am not sure how I feel about that.....the one I got has exactly the same mounting hardware as the original and that does make the whole operation very very easy.
Yes you are correct, i was just using the compare feature on Panelook between those two and i also just noticed that change.
So it's set, im ordering the B156HAN01.1 model that you got for yourself as well.

Since the day that i got this laptop i had only two cons/issues in terms of the laptop as a model (got it 1 month used, mint condition or rather say just unboxed).

1. Bad Display Panel
2. Small battery

Thanks to your idea,research,inspiration i can solve these two problems and make it a perfect laptop and be able to use it at max capacity for a decent period of time as for now i have bigger and more important budget priorities.
Since im pretty much happy with everything else with this laptop, spending 120 Euro for the display panel, Ultrabay battery and the WIFI/BT Card it's a Jackpot for me. im fine with 8GB ram and a 2.5" 256GB SSD for now and can afford soon after a nvme upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back