Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@barad1tos can you try the latest EFI one more time without touching anything at all but the SMBIOS values.

Also try to reset bios settings to default as it doesn't make any sense for it to not work if it works for others.

Bios Settings to check:
- Security Chip (Disabled)
- Anti Theft Module (Disabled)
- Computrace (Disabled)

I will do it as soon as it will become possible. My laptop seemed to be bricked. I don't understand how it did, but now I'm trying to resurrect my friend. On power-on, he just blinks three times, and nothing happens. No signal.

I will do it as soon as it will become possible. My laptop seemed to be bricked. I don't understand how it did, but now I'm trying to resurrect my friend. On power-on, he just blinks three times, and nothing happens. No signal.

Hi @barad1tos,

The user raulmazda and I experience a similar behaviour. I don't know in the case of raulmazda, but in my case some conf that I insert during my tests in the OpenCore bricked something in the nvram or bios. In the case of raul and mine we need to use a ch341a to reprogram a dump of the bios in the chip manually. When we turn on the laptop, there is no signal on screen and the fan spin during approx 20/40 seconds and the led turns on.

Hi all, i can confirm the issue with audio jack persist :

Switch to battery, plug in audio jack, audio works OK. Next let it go to sleep alone, then play a video on youtube and wait, after some minutes i got a big loud noise permanent (not volume dependant), switching to speakers works ok, but output is crashed until next reboot.

Settings on bios are as instructed, and files are vanilla or with filevault2 modifications.

Hi all, i can confirm the issue with audio jack persist :

Switch to battery, plug in audio jack, audio works OK. Next let it go to sleep alone, then play a video on youtube and wait, after some minutes i got a big loud noise permanent (not volume dependant), switching to speakers works ok, but output is crashed until next reboot.

Settings on bios are as instructed, and files are vanilla or with filevault2 modifications.
Im aware of the issue and like i said it will be fixed during this week.
Including with added dock audio support

Hi,
Thank you very much for your effort!
I almost got everything running with your EFI folder, but my BCM94360NG is not working.
Also my webcam isn't working.
Any ideas?

Hi @Sniki
Thank you very much for your effort!
I almost got everything running with your EFI folder, but my BCM94360NG is not working.
Also my webcam isn't working.
Any ideas?
Can't tell without Problem Reporting files but it should be because you used a different SMBIOS than MacBookPro11,1 which is the default, USBPorts.kext does get matched with that one only.

yeah that's possible. my clover config was for 6,2 so I changed those values. thanks for your quick reply. I'll change that!

now everything works, thank you!

EFI and Guide has been updated, follow post #2 for changelog

Enjoy !

Hello Sniki, thanks a lot for your efforts and amazing guide!

Im having an issue with battery though, the battery indicator shows battery as 100% charged all the time.
Then the battery turns red at 100% before it dies. Whenever I plug it in to charge it the indicator goes from 4% to 100% in like a minute.

It was working fine until I had to disable the internal battery while upgrading the screen.
It was also working fine with your Clover guide. I have no idea what's up haha

Ive attached IOreg and EFi bellow, could you please have a look whenever you have time?

Kind regards!

Attachments

• modularcreations.ioreg
    5.7 MB · Views: 72
  • EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back