Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the problem with your Bluetooth ?, be more specific as it seems to be loaded on IOreg.
Hi,

I can see the different gadgets (iPad, Logitech mouse, head speakers, etc) but I cannot connect it.

Hi,

I can see the different gadgets (iPad, Logitech mouse, head speakers, etc) but I cannot connect it.
That’s a different problem i had too with DW1560.
But i got different cards now and not using that one.

Honestly WiFi and Bluetooth problems are not a problem with my EFI of this Laptop as there are many cards and Bluetooth options which i don’t have all of them to troubleshoot and fix all of them.

Wireless and Bluetooth should be a different thread which i think i will have to create soon with the card models that i do have and then gradually add support list by user success reports on cards that i don’t own.

i will fix DW1820A issues first then after im done with the rest of the problems i will swap the card with DW1560 and Try to fix the Bluetooth problem on that card.

That’s a different problem i had too with DW1560.
But i got different cards now and not using that one.

Honestly WiFi and Bluetooth problems are not a problem with my EFI of this Laptop as there are many cards and Bluetooth options which i don’t have all of them to troubleshoot and fix all of them.

Wireless and Bluetooth should be a different thread which i think i will have to create soon with the card models that i do have and then gradually add support list by user success reports on cards that i don’t own.

i will fix DW1820A issues first then after im done with the rest of the problems i will swap the card with DW1560 and Try to fix the Bluetooth problem on that card.

Thank you!! I bought this card because the other post of our Laptop (x240).

I will wait to your solution.

Thank you!! I bought this card because the other post of our Laptop (x240).

I will wait to your solution.
Yes, at that time, it was the best known most reliable solution.

Will attempt to fix that.

Now things have changed, there are words about a new card BCM94360NG that is a natively supported on macOS and has a ngff form factor.

i might consider ordering it.
Right now i have:
- 2x BCM94360CS2
- DW1820A CN-096JNT
- DW1560

Yes, at that time, it was the best known most reliable solution.

Will attempt to fix that.

Now things have changed, there are words about a new card BCM94360NG that is a natively supported on macOS and has a ngff form factor.

i might consider ordering it.
Right now i have:
- 2x BCM94360CS2
- DW1820A CN-096JNT
- DW1560

I also saw that card, I bought it!!!

Guys, a new EFI update is added:

Updated EFI in post #1
Changelog is in post #2

Enjoy !

Thank you so much Sniki for this - everything works perfectly straight out of the box. I am very grateful!

Last edited:
Hi all, and thanks a lot again @Sniki for all that amazing work, i'm back on hackintosh after years, and glad to see that that community keep going and tool get better and better !

I opened issues on github but i don't know if you check it much, so :)

When i boot on battery, i got no sound on headphone jack output, at all, switching back and forth with speakers (they works with no issue), and i got two times a big loud noise on output after unplugging AC.

Attached ioreg, ask for any logs necessary.

I have altered your plist just to enable filevault2 if that matter (by following OC guide t the letter), and smbios.

Thanks again for your work !

Attachments

• ioreg_audio_kack_not_working_on_battery.ioreg.zip
    616 KB · Views: 76
@barad1tos can you try the latest EFI one more time without touching anything at all but the SMBIOS values.

Also try to reset bios settings to default as it doesn't make any sense for it to not work if it works for others.

Bios Settings to check:
- Security Chip (Disabled)
- Anti Theft Module (Disabled)
- Computrace (Disabled)

Thanks! I hope its OK.

Hi! With the same files and also the new changelog.

Just for info: audio doesn't work with headphones wired.

Thank you!

EDIT:

Hi all, and thanks a lot again @Sniki for all that amazing work, i'm back on hackintosh after years, and glad to see that that community keep going and tool get better and better !

I opened issues on github but i don't know if you check it much, so :)

When i boot on battery, i got no sound on headphone jack output, at all, switching back and forth with speakers (they works with no issue), and i got two times a big loud noise on output after unplugging AC.

Attached ioreg, ask for any logs necessary.

I have altered your plist just to enable filevault2 if that matter (by following OC guide t the letter), and smbios.

Thanks again for your work !

Same here and a better explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back