Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! With the same files and also the new changelog.

Just for info: audio doesn't work with headphones wired.

Thank you!

EDIT:

Same here and a better explain.
Very rare cases, EC reset usually resolves the problem as Clover is known to make an EC borked/corrupted/bloated and that was the case with ALCPlugFix + CodecCommander previous setup.

Next update i will add Docking Station Support, when i do, i will add the extra verbs for that issue to not repeat, although it shouldn't when using OC from now on.

Do you have to modify it to remove whitelist like all previous versions ?

Not sure what are you refering to ?

I didn't ask for the mod as i am waiting for my CH341A next week, and probably DW1820A after, and i meant i don't see the link between sound and security chip but for now it's working ! (i stay curious about it)

Thanks again Sniki ! That's a lot of work !

BTW, did you guys ask for unlocked settings ? Anything interesting ?

I didn't ask for the mod as i am waiting for my CH341A next week, and probably DW1820A after, and i meant i don't see the link between sound and security chip but for now it's working ! (i stay curious about it)
There is a lot for some reasons, Sleep issues, power management related, Sound, this causes a lot of issues.
Thanks again Sniki ! That's a lot of work !
BTW, did you guys ask for unlocked settings ? Anything interesting ?
No, i would recommend to not unlock advanced menu, no real benefit from it other than extra trouble, you touch any unwanted setting and mess your laptop.
Just ask for Whitelist removal and tell him that you don't want Advanced Menu
Only Whitelist Removal

There is a lot for some reasons, Sleep issues, power management related, Sound, this causes a lot of issues.

No, i would recommend to not unlock advanced menu, no real benefit from it other than extra trouble, you touch any unwanted setting and mess your laptop.
Just ask for Whitelist removal and tell him that you don't want Advanced Menu
Only Whitelist Removal

Ok thanks, i was hoping for fan / cooling settings !

Ok thanks, i was hoping for fan / cooling settings !
What are you actually requesting with this, be more specific in details ?

What are you actually requesting with this, be more specific in details ?

Any ways to lower fan speeds under 70°C CPU temp. Did it on windows and linux (tpfan and thinkfan if i remember, and 1st thing i do with undervolt), it's a big quality of life improvement IMHO when watching video and playing on shadowpc.

Any ways to lower fan speeds under 70°C CPU temp. Did it on windows and linux (tpfan and thinkfan if i remember, and 1st thing i do with undervolt), it's a big quality of life improvement IMHO when watching video and playing on shadowpc.
Well i have to agree on this one.

Although every ThinkPad that i have is so much quieter on macOS than on Windows.

on macOS they work dynamically very well, they ramp up on demand.
on Windows, fans will go often to 50-80% speed for no reason at all and turn on for even the smallest use.

On macOS and Linux it's so much better

Only the X240 might need this, i agree.

I don't have that much experience into this part, i believe it can be done with CPUFriend and it would be nice if someone skilled enough would do this and provide the SSDT/Kext for this.

I will add this as to do note somewhere and play with that when i have time.
Will ask some people that i believe can do this for help.

Will let you know once we have something.

Well i have to agree on this one.

Although every ThinkPad that i have is so much quieter on macOS than on Windows.

on macOS they work dynamically very well, they ramp up on demand.
on Windows, fans will go often to 50-80% speed for no reason at all and turn on for even the smallest use.

On macOS and Linux it's so much better

Only the X240 might need this, i agree.

I don't have that much experience into this part, i believe it can be done with CPUFriend and it would be nice if someone skilled enough would do this and provide the SSDT/Kext for this.

I will add this as to do note somewhere and play with that when i have time.
Will ask some people that i believe can do this for help.

Will let you know once we have something.

Wow thanks, what a community ! So happy to be back ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back