Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki I've been testing the new files on your github for T440s and x240. The T440s works fine though the x240 has a problem regarding with sleep. The problem is when you close the lid, it should go automatically to sleep, that works. However, when it opened, the screen never turns on but I can see the power button turned on.
Check if you have Anti Theft Module ; Security Chip ; TPM = Disabled
Those bios settings usually do mess with sleep and wake

Im all done technically but just the guide needs to be completed and i did work today a bit on it but it's only the clover one as of now.

However im thinking whether i should add for early adopters at the second post the OpenCore EFI and some quick instructions for it.

Note: can you give this one a try and see if it works fine:

I don't have macOS installed on my ThinkPads right now to test, it would be nice if someone can give it a try so i can include it on the guide.

hi sniki,

i have test the kext and it works super now, it take about 2-3 sec to show up.
it even survive sleep, no KP on boot, sleep or wake.

read/write speed
up to 7 MB/s on read and up to 3,5 MB/s on write.

The SD card show up as "External Drive" not as SD Card

i tested 4 scenarios.

1. cold boot with no sd card, insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine.
2. Go sleep without the sd card and wake up insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine.
3. cold boot with sd card, it boot with no problems and shows directly th sd card, insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine
4. go sleep with sd card, after wake it didn't show the sd sd card, only a error "not properly removed", i have pull and push the sd card again and then it wokrs again.

also available for "beta testing" the OC configs.

Last edited:
hi sniki,

read/write speed

i tested 4 scenarios.

1. cold boot with no sd card, insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine.
2. Go sleep without the sd card and wake up insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine.
3. cold boot with sd card, it boot with no problems and shows directly th sd card, insert the card and remove multiple time...it works fine
4. go sleep with sd card, after wake it didn't show the sd sd card, only a error "not properly removed", i have pull and push the sd card again and then it wokrs again.

Thanks a lot for the testing, that's amazing news.
4. This can be considered as normal and no big problem.

Hopefully i can upload the OC EFI tonight for you guys to try.

Thanks for the feedback.

hi sniki,

read/write speed

i tested 4 scenarios.

Fantastic news! Thanks for doing the testing. Are you on Catalina? I plan on testing the kext on my Mojave system.

Fantastic news! Thanks for doing the testing. Are you on Catalina? I plan on testing the kext on my Mojave system.
I just tested the 1st scenario usman2006 described and it works perfectly. I'm on Catalina. I guess the kext should work on Mojave as well.

I just tested the 1st scenario usman2006 described and it works perfectly. I'm on Catalina. I guess the kext should work on Mojave as well.
@CoBrA2168 if for any reason it doesn't work for you, it's likely that he build it with SDK 10.15, building it from source with lower SDK should solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for the testing, that's amazing news.
4. This can be considered as normal and no big problem.

Hopefully i can upload the OC EFI tonight for you guys to try.

Thanks for the feedback.

no problem.
yes, this is no big deal.

thx for sharing, i appreciate.

have you seen my comment on github in your t440s issue section „USB Power Properties issues with devices like iPhone XS“.

@CoBrA2168 if for any reason it doesn't work for you, it's likely that he build it with SDK 10.15, building it from source with lower SDK should solve the problem.
Makes sense. I can easily build against a lower SDK if that's the case. I'll try his release kext first and if I have issues I'll simply build from source.

no problem.
yes, this is no big deal.

thx for sharing, i appreciate.

have you seen my comment on github in your t440s issue section „USB Power Properties issues with devices like iPhone XS“.
@Sniki I would also like to chime in to say that my iPhone XS (and devices like iPads, etc.) are still having issues even after your update that closed that issue. I think the problem got "better" in the sense that it sometimes works more reliably, but there are still issues. Do you know if this is something that you've managed to fully fix with the upcoming update?

@CoBrA2168 @usman2006 im aware of that but i want to ask both of you, have you 100% verified that it's only a macOS specific problem ?
I believe i had similar issue on Linux and on Windows more often as well.
I kind of think it's somehow hardware issue but i can't guarantee that for sure.

I need more detailed testing for that but as a side note, i now have a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (Early 2015) with Force TouchPad and it does have two USB3 ports, the one on the left side sometimes does cause me some issues like not detecting my Steelseries Rival 100 mouse etc. I do want to say that it may be sort of macOS problem as well and not 100% hackintosh side.

Idk i still need to investigate and then fix that issue.
This upcoming month i plan to get an iPhone XS Max since i have the Macbook Pro now then i can do some more in-depth testing toward that issue.

@CoBrA2168 @usman2006 im aware of that but i want to ask both of you, have you 100% verified that it's only a macOS specific problem ?
I believe i had similar issue on Linux and on Windows more often as well.
I kind of think it's somehow hardware issue but i can't guarantee that for sure.

I need more detailed testing for that but as a side note, i now have a 13" Retina MacBook Pro (Early 2015) with Force TouchPad and it does have two USB3 ports, the one on the left side sometimes does cause me some issues like not detecting my Steelseries Rival 100 mouse etc. I do want to say that it may be sort of macOS problem as well and not 100% hackintosh side.

Idk i still need to investigate and then fix that issue.
This upcoming month i plan to get an iPhone XS Max since i have the Macbook Pro now then i can do some more in-depth testing toward that issue.
I forgot that you had mentioned trying to test with other OS. I did boot into my Windows 10 drive last year when we were investigating and I did notice some oddness, but I think it worked more consistently in Windows than it did in macOS.

It very well could just be a macOS specific issue, or a power issue all together (not software related) with the T440s. If that's the case then there's nothing we can do.

I'm curious if @usman2006 can test his laptop with Linux or Windows as a second troubleshooting step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back