Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki
I saw you uploaded some updates on your github. Thank you very much.
Curious that it does not have the usual SSDT-T440x in the ACPI folder? Can you share some more guide on how to assemble multiple files into one combined SSDT? I would like to learn more on it.
I am curious as well on the change from Macbook Air to Macbook pro, since I see that the processor of T440 (and T440s) is actually fit more into Macbook Air that Macbook pro (1,x GHz base frequency of the T440)
Thank you very much.

I am running Catalina 10.15.3 with Clover 4945 made with this tutorial and it works fine. I wanted to update Clover to 5107 in preparation for 10.15.4 and I run into problems.

I installed the same drivers, when I compare drivers64UEFI in old Clover and drivers/UEFI in the new Clover the have the same files.

kexts/Other remained the same, I just updated everything including Lilu and Whatevergreen. I do no have any of those kexts in Library/Extensions anymore as recommended in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-from-library-extensions-and-recache.293719/.

The problem is then after book I see the Apple logo and progress bar but when the progress bar reaches about half when I normally get a screen blik the screen juts goes black.

I did not change any other configuration, any ideas what the problem might be? Drivers are the same, kexts are the same, just Clover is newer. I am attaching both EFI folders form the old working and new broken Clove.

Turns out the display is just dimmed after boot and I need to manually increase brightness.

@Sniki

What will be the main benefits of using OpenCore over Clover for our ThinkPads, especially considering dual booting? WIll it be a problem to dual boot Windows 10 and macOS on separate drives with OC? I noticed that you've recently updated the T440s repo on your GitHub, so I'm debating whether it's wiser to wait for your new guide with OC, or if I should simply make a fresh install with Clover and your updated files. What do you think?

Using the BCM9439CS2, I can boot without AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext and it actually recognises the Card as "AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x117)" but there are no Networks discovered and if you look into the errors, kernel (AirPortBrcmNIC) gives lots of error messages. -> "wl0: fatal error, reinitializing, total count of reinit's[239], @'wlapi_wlc_fatal_error':701".

Someone got an idea how to fix this? ;)

If BM94360CS2 is used, you need to stick the adhesive tape on the back side because the screw that secures the M2 NHFF adapter attaches to the elements on the board.

but BCM9439CS2 and DW1560 do not see networks under windows

Last edited:
@Sniki any updates on the progress for this project using OpenCore? I figured now would be the time I should start looking into upgrading from Mojave but I'd rather wait for the new/updated guide.

@Sniki any updates on the progress for this project using OpenCore? I figured now would be the time I should start looking into upgrading from Mojave but I'd rather wait for the new/updated guide.
Im all done technically but just the guide needs to be completed and i did work today a bit on it but it's only the clover one as of now.

However im thinking whether i should add for early adopters at the second post the OpenCore EFI and some quick instructions for it.

Note: can you give this one a try and see if it works fine:

I don't have macOS installed on my ThinkPads right now to test, it would be nice if someone can give it a try so i can include it on the guide.

Im all done technically but just the guide needs to be completed and i did work today a bit on it but it's only the clover one as of now.

However im thinking whether i should add for early adopters at the second post the OpenCore EFI and some quick instructions for it.

I don't have macOS installed on my ThinkPads right now to test, it would be nice if someone can give it a try so i can include it on the guide.
That would actually be great. I already tried with someone else's OpenCore EFI and got a fair amount of stuff working and was fairly impressed by OpenCore. It definitely feels more like a "real mac" than clover and boot time is noticeably, noticeably faster. So yeah, I support this idea of yours. I'm currently on Clover macOS and Windows (each OS on separate drive) and would like to transition from clover to OC while retaining the capability to boot off of each drive.

No worries - as always we appreciate your work to this line of laptops and continued support. I'm not personally in a huge rush to upgrade, but with the current virus situation, I will have a lot more free time at home to play around with it.

I will give the kext a shot later today or tomorrow. Would be great if someone got it working!

That would actually be great. I already tried with someone else's OpenCore EFI and got a fair amount of stuff working and was fairly impressed by OpenCore. It definitely feels more like a "real mac" than clover and boot time is noticeably, noticeably faster. So yeah, I support this idea of yours. I'm currently on Clover macOS and Windows (each OS on separate drive) and would like to transition from clover to OC while retaining the capability to boot off of each drive.
Hi @Fobos531 , i saw that you wrote on Github.
I have everything working with OpenCore and all the ACPI tables/renames and fixes are only applicable to 'Darwin" (macOS) so booting both Windows, macOS or Linux from OpenCore should be working flawless.

Hi @Fobos531 , i saw that you wrote on Github.
I have everything working with OpenCore and all the ACPI tables/renames and fixes are only applicable to 'Darwin" (macOS) so booting both Windows, macOS or Linux from OpenCore should be working flawless.
Great, I'm eagerly waiting for the new files. Thanks again for all the work you're doing on this laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back