Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached. I had just forgotten to click on that file, it was there in my folder I was attaching from.

It is possible you can use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (for native NVRAM).

What is the purpose of pc_config.plist?

You have no files in ACPI/patched!! Are you sure you followed the guide in post #1?
Seems like this EFI/Clover is more for installation and not final post-install...
And I don't think the ioreg was collected after booting from this EFI/Clover... for example, the VID->IGPU patches are disabled, yet your ioreg shows IGPU (impossible with native ACPI/without the renames).

It is possible you can use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (for native NVRAM).

What is the purpose of pc_config.plist?

You have no files in ACPI/patched!! Are you sure you followed the guide in post #1?
Seems like this EFI/Clover is more for installation and not final post-install...
And I don't think the ioreg was collected after booting from this EFI/Clover... for example, the VID->IGPU patches are disabled, yet your ioreg shows IGPU (impossible with native ACPI/without the renames).

What file are you looking at? The attached file has no pc_config.plist, I've attached again for your viewing. Also, you will see that SSDT-T440p.aml is in the ACPI/Patched folder. Also, I clicked F2 and F4 and then attached the ACPI/Origin folder, maybe I misread that? Please look at this clover file again. Everything is working as expected when just used as a laptop, so I wouldn't think that anything was missing from the guide. I have two of these laptops up and running very well as just laptops. The only thing I can see that isn't working is with these external monitor and docking station issues.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 130
What file are you looking at? The attached file has no pc_config.plist,

The file *you* attached to post #424, of course.

I've attached again for your viewing. Also, you will see that SSDT-T440p.aml is in the ACPI/Patched folder.

This is a different than what you attached to #424.

The file *you* attached to post #424, of course.

This is a different than what you attached to #424.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have clicked on the wrong one. I am so sorry for that. The one in #426 is the one from the laptop.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have clicked on the wrong one. I am so sorry for that. The one in #426 is the one from the laptop.

Current recommendations/ideas are in post #423.

EFI/Clover is missing.
Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Note that ioreg shows a display connected to framebuffer@1 (it is the 0105 port). connector-type is <00 04 00 00> so everything seems correct in that it corresponds to what you're saying regarding the fact it is a physical DP port.

If framebuffer@2 is not used, you could eliminate it from the ig-platform data. You should test the DP port on the laptop to make sure you don't eliminate a port that is actually needed, however.

I find it strange that no display is detected at framebuffer@0 (this should be the built-in display attached to LVDS). Did you have the laptop lid closed while collecting this ioreg?

You might try experimenting with AAPL,boot-display by injecting AAPL00,boot-display on IGPU... I'm not sure it will help though. You might just need to connect the dock after booting.

Yes, laptop was closed while booting in this scenario so I can see that it wouldn't have read that framebuffer most likely. I'm not completely sure how to inject AAPL00, boot-display on IGPU. However, I will say that the display port that you see in use on that previous is not able to work after booting either. No display currently while docked, it simply just charges while on the docking station at the moment. Do you need me to collect a file for you while connected to the docking station with display port connected? If it can't work I can continue to use the mini display port on the laptop for external monitors, I just thought it would be great to get the docking station working.

I'm not completely sure how to inject AAPL00, boot-display on IGPU.

You can do it with config.plist/Devices/AddProperties.
You will need to look at the Clover documentation to understand how.

Do you need me to collect a file for you while connected to the docking station with display port connected?

I thought that's what you attached?

If it can't work I can continue to use the mini display port on the laptop for external monitors, I just thought it would be great to get the docking station working.

You might compare ioreg files between docking station DP attached and laptop DP attached.

Just want to thank the contributors as this guide is working out very nicely, even without unlocking the BIOS. However, imho for someone who is not dealing with electronics this very hard to crack.

The whole procedure, ordering the tools, getting the right software, dumping the BIOS, modding, flashing the modded BIOS back - all that was quite tough and took me 2-3 weeks overall. Even after unlocking the BIOS there were issues with beeps etc. I managed to sort out after hours and hours of trial-and-error.

Again: This guide leads you to a very usable Hackintosh, even without the BIOS unlocking procedure. If you use this laptop in a docking station with ethernet you will probably never notice it is not unlocked. The advanced menu is nice to have but I wouldn't dare to touch any setting in it.

Anyways: Thanks to Sniki, RehabMan and all other contributors!​

HI, first of all thank you for the guide and for all the files.
My problems are:
-No audio, cannot see the device on sys settings
- The FN keys are working but the brightness of the screen doesn't change
-When opening the settings I can see a slight shift in colour to a violet

Thanks.

EDIT: Also the microphone is not working.

Last edited:
HI, first of all thank you for the guide and for all the files.
My problems are:
-No audio, cannot see the device on sys settings
- The FN keys are working but the brightness of the screen doesn't change
-When opening the settings I can see a slight shift in colour to a violet

Thanks.

EDIT: Also the microphone is not working.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

But for brightness, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back