Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a 90W/20V charger maybe thats the problem? it is too much? what is weird is that it did not reboot with the same charger when it had Windows 10 installed.

90W is fine.

I suggest you use a known EFI like jloisel's to see if the reboot issue is with your own config.plist.

Back up your machine before doing so.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T440p
CPU
Intel i5-4300M
Graphics
Intel integrated graphics
Hi everyone.
I just got my t440p and I'm trying to install catalina by jloisel's guide.
When I boot from the USB with the right options set I get a hangup of about a minute or so where it says "Incompatible CPU" and "Incompatible PCH".
After a while the installer boots but at that point my keyboard nor my trackpad are functional. When plugging in an external mouse and keyboard, those work just fine.
But now when I try to continue the installation I get an error saying I need an internet connection to install MacOS, while I just have a known working LAN cable plugged into the laptop.
Have you got any idea on how this problem could be solved?

Motherboard
T440P
CPU
i7-4900MQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
When it says to move kexts into /Library/Extensions does this mean I should remove them from the EFI partition (clover/kexts/other)? Or should it be a mirror? It's confusing...

Motherboard
Lenovo T440p
CPU
i5-4300M/HM86
Graphics
HD 4600m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When it says to move kexts into /Library/Extensions does this mean I should remove them from the EFI partition (clover/kexts/other)? Or should it be a mirror? It's confusing...

You should move them, not copy.

Put them into /L/E and remove from efi partition

Motherboard
T440P
CPU
i7-4712MQ
Graphics
Intel Haswell
I was able to create a new USB Kext that enables all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the laptop, integrated camera, bluetooth, and all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the ultra dock. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had zero issues. I am on Mojave... not Catalina. I attach the kext i made to this post.

Attachments

• USBPortsT440Pby2000c43.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 34
Motherboard
T440P
CPU
i7-4712MQ
Graphics
Intel Haswell
In addition, I finished a fun mod to the T440P to replace the factory power adapter with a USB-C power adapter. In my case, I'm using a 87W Apple power adapter. No issues whatsoever and gives me much more flexibility when needing to charge on the road and carrying one fewer power adapter since the USB-C adapter can pretty much charge anything.

Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
In addition, I finished a fun mod to the T440P to replace the factory power adapter with a USB-C power adapter. In my case, I'm using a 87W Apple power adapter. No issues whatsoever and gives me much more flexibility when needing to charge on the road and carrying one fewer power adapter since the USB-C adapter can pretty much charge anything.

Any charging time benchmarks vs the older Lenovo connector?

Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was able to create a new USB Kext that enables all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the laptop, integrated camera, bluetooth, and all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the ultra dock. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had zero issues. I am on Mojave... not Catalina. I attach the kext i made to this post.

Will test!

Last edited:
Motherboard
T440P
CPU
i7-4712MQ
Graphics
Intel Haswell
No benchmarks yet but I'm happy to drain the battery and charge it up with the computer on to see how long it takes. I never really timed how long it took with my 90W charger. The apple charger is 87W so I assume the charge rate and time would be the same.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T440p
CPU
i7-4710MQ
Graphics
HD 4600

Good work! Fixed my camera issue.