Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the files referred to are pre-BIOS update. Not current, therefore not applicable now.

Note: They also show IGPU PM not implemented correctly.

Those files are not what I referenced when asking for help today!!

I attached them on the post where I asked for help. They are on the first post he responded to. This site is really starting to get very frustrating for me. I know you have rules, I follow them and still get harassed.

Read post #411 and #413.

Those files are not what I referenced when asking for help today!!

Post #406 does NOT have complete problem reporting files. Not even close...

Look at them yourself and then compare to what is requested in the FAQ and provided by gen_debug.sh.

Hint: You can tell without even downloading the Archive.zip (it is not large enough to contain all PR data).

After any change (such as BIOS update), you must provide complete/updated PR files.
They are updated!!! I attached them to my first post today!!
Post #406 does NOT have complete problem reporting files. Not even close...

Look at them yourself and then compare to what is requested in the FAQ and provided by gen_debug.sh.

#406 has an Archive.zip that includes preboot.log, ACPI/orgin folder, and config.plist. I have also attached screenshots of the verbose mode loading. What else do you need? The post says to attached the files from F2 and F4 and the screenshots when you can't boot. That is what I've done.

#406 has an Archive.zip that includes preboot.log, ACPI/orgin folder, and config.plist. I have also attached screenshots of the verbose mode loading. What else do you need? The post says to attached the files from F2 and F4 and the screenshots when you can't boot. That is what I've done.

PR requirements are in the FAQ.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

This file is not possible to get when you cannot boot.

Are you saying you can't boot in any scenario?

That is not what you implied in post #406, as you are referring to sleep problems there (can't even get to the point of initiating sleep, if you can't boot).

Plus the FAQ is very clear regarding requirements when you can't boot (verbose boot photo + EFI/Clover as ZIP, without themes).

And if you can boot in some scenario (eg. no external monitor connected), then you should provide all PR files in that scenario. And in case it isn't obvious, ioreg should show the various external monitor(s) connected (individually if necessary, with documentation as to which port they are connected to).

Are you saying you can't boot in any scenario?

That is not what you implied in post #406, as you are referring to sleep problems there (can't even get to the point of initiating sleep, if you can't boot).

In the scenario in which I would really like to fix, I cannot boot. For the other issue I have posted those files here. I apologize if I was causing some confusion, but the scenario I am hoping to fix is the docking station and display port connection. I realize now that I created this confusion. The files in post #406 are related to the not being able to boot issue, which is what I really want to see if there is a solution to. The debug below is the file for once booted with possible sleep issues, but the sleep issues are only when the mini display port is connected, so it is able to be worked around, I believe. Perhaps the docking station is leading to the sleep issues though too. This debug was collected while the laptop was connected to the dock, so hopefully this will shed the entire picture.

I am sorry for all the confusion, I was just sure that for the issue I wanted to fix the problem files were attached to #406. I realize now that I can also boot under other scenarios, and should have attached this as well. I've attached all the other files as well here just in case so there is no need to search through the forum that I've made a complete mess. Would it be possible to delete the threads that are not needed?

Attachments

• debug_1227.zip
    828.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Archive.zip
    59 KB · Views: 113
  • 934D4CC5-6D6C-4357-A0C6-FC50E6949AF9.jpeg
    934D4CC5-6D6C-4357-A0C6-FC50E6949AF9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 159
  • 436B610F-F201-404D-9529-BB8057D482B4.jpeg
    436B610F-F201-404D-9529-BB8057D482B4.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 160
  • DA9CAF1B-F479-490B-9B83-B6AA9F2AD279.jpeg
    DA9CAF1B-F479-490B-9B83-B6AA9F2AD279.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 140
In the scenario in which I would really like to fix, I cannot boot. For the other issue I have posted those files here. I apologize if I was causing some confusion, but the scenario I am hoping to fix is the docking station and display port connection. I realize now that I created this confusion. The files in post #406 are related to the not being able to boot issue, which is what I really want to see if there is a solution to. The debug below is the file for once booted with possible sleep issues, but the sleep issues are only when the mini display port is connected, so it is able to be worked around, I believe. Perhaps the docking station is leading to the sleep issues though too. This debug was collected while the laptop was connected to the dock, so hopefully this will shed the entire picture.

I am sorry for all the confusion, I was just sure that for the issue I wanted to fix the problem files were attached to #406. I realize now that I can also boot under other scenarios, and should have attached this as well. I've attached all the other files as well here just in case so there is no need to search through the forum that I've made a complete mess. Would it be possible to delete the threads that are not needed?

EFI/Clover is missing.
Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Note that ioreg shows a display connected to framebuffer@1 (it is the 0105 port). connector-type is <00 04 00 00> so everything seems correct in that it corresponds to what you're saying regarding the fact it is a physical DP port.

If framebuffer@2 is not used, you could eliminate it from the ig-platform data. You should test the DP port on the laptop to make sure you don't eliminate a port that is actually needed, however.

I find it strange that no display is detected at framebuffer@0 (this should be the built-in display attached to LVDS). Did you have the laptop lid closed while collecting this ioreg?

You might try experimenting with AAPL,boot-display by injecting AAPL00,boot-display on IGPU... I'm not sure it will help though. You might just need to connect the dock after booting.

Last edited:
EFI/Clover is missing.
Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Attached. I had just forgotten to click on that file, it was there in my folder I was attaching from.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back