Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
After everything I updated the BIOS, had to get another whitelist and advanced features BIOS flash and then the system booted just fine. Looks like everything was tied to something faulty within the BIOS. Everything is working great now. Thank you for your time and effort. I apologize for being all over the place with it.

Hello again. So, I have gotten both laptops up and running and they work perfectly as laptops alone. I get some weird things happening with the mini display port and sleep, it will reboot and not redisplay on the mini display port. You have to manually shut down the laptop and reboot to get it to work. But the real problem that I wanted to see if someone could help with is in using the Lenovo T440 docking station. I cannot get the laptop to boot all the way through to the system when docked. I am currently using the display port on the docking station and I've attached all the things below. In the archive.zip you will find the preboot log, origin folder and config.plist for the laptop. Also, I have attached verbose mode screens.

Any help you can offer to get the dock fully working would be great! If it doesn't seem possible, I can still use the mini display port to extend to monitors, but I get some weird things when going in to sleep.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    59 KB · Views: 74
  • FE13CD24-28B1-444C-BDE7-03AC38F6A28A.jpeg
    FE13CD24-28B1-444C-BDE7-03AC38F6A28A.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 42AA9478-1930-4FF4-9876-54429B7FF4C0.jpeg
    42AA9478-1930-4FF4-9876-54429B7FF4C0.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 108
  • 698BCB32-9155-4016-A8B9-53F67BB8FA62.jpeg
    698BCB32-9155-4016-A8B9-53F67BB8FA62.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 104
  • 66D94A78-5469-4B23-8CE3-A23BE9548038.jpeg
    66D94A78-5469-4B23-8CE3-A23BE9548038.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 83148661-1EF2-4D15-A43E-D1DE851D87BF.jpeg
    83148661-1EF2-4D15-A43E-D1DE851D87BF.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 88
Hello again. So, I have gotten both laptops up and running and they work perfectly as laptops alone. I get some weird things happening with the mini display port and sleep, it will reboot and not redisplay on the mini display port. You have to manually shut down the laptop and reboot to get it to work. But the real problem that I wanted to see if someone could help with is in using the Lenovo T440 docking station. I cannot get the laptop to boot all the way through to the system when docked. I am currently using the display port on the docking station and I've attached all the things below. In the archive.zip you will find the preboot log, origin folder and config.plist for the laptop. Also, I have attached verbose mode screens.

Any help you can offer to get the dock fully working would be great! If it doesn't seem possible, I can still use the mini display port to extend to monitors, but I get some weird things when going in to sleep.

Best to always hotplug external monitors (eg. plug after booting).

Best to always hotplug external monitors (eg. plug after booting).

Ok, this doesn't really help. Can someone please look at the attached files and see if there is something that will make this setup work? Here is my experience.

1. Whether open or closed boot up with mini display port connected works to display screen to monitor, sleep has failures.
2. Connecting mini display port to laptop after boot works to display screen to monitor, sleep has failures.
3. When docked with display port to DVI cable plugged in to the dock and turned on it will display monitor on clover, and halfway through boot (Apple logo screen) then freezes in boot and never loads.
4. When dock has display port connected and laptop is turned on then docked laptop will stay on and will start to charge, however, no display to monitor will work.

So as you can see, when docked and using the dock ports for display, no screen will show. It will either freeze boot if connected before booting, or never display on the monitor if connected after boot. Either way, cables connected to the dock will not work.

Please let me know if there are any other files I can collect to help with the process of seeing if this can work.

Ok, this doesn't really help. Can someone please look at the attached files and see if there is something that will make this setup work? Here is my experience.

1. Whether open or closed boot up with mini display port connected works to display screen to monitor, sleep has failures.
2. Connecting mini display port to laptop after boot works to display screen to monitor, sleep has failures.
3. When docked with display port to DVI cable plugged in to the dock and turned on it will display monitor on clover, and halfway through boot (Apple logo screen) then freezes in boot and never loads.
4. When dock has display port connected and laptop is turned on then docked laptop will stay on and will start to charge, however, no display to monitor will work.

So as you can see, when docked and using the dock ports for display, no screen will show. It will either freeze boot if connected before booting, or never display on the monitor if connected after boot. Either way, cables connected to the dock will not work.

Please let me know if there are any other files I can collect to help with the process of seeing if this can work.

You never attached any problem reporting files in the first place...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You will also need to describe each problem in detail (for example, "sleep has failures" is not detailed enough). Also, what do you mean by "start to charge"? What does battery charging have to do with external displays/dock?

And problems booting with external displays connected are quite common with Haswell (no known solution)... so it is best to avoid such scenarios. You might try experimenting with injecting "AAPL00,BootDisplay".

You never attached any problem reporting files in the first place...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You will also need to describe each problem in detail (for example, "sleep has failures" is not detailed enough). Also, what do you mean by "start to charge"? What does battery charging have to do with external displays/dock?

And problems booting with external displays connected are quite common with Haswell (no known solution)... so it is best to avoid such scenarios.

How are you not seeing that???? I attached all the files in my first post. I attached problem reporting files, why do you not see them? Is there somewhere else to put them besides the attach function when creating posts??? I can still see all of my attached files on the post.

How are you not seeing that???? I attached all the files in my first post. I attached problem reporting files, why do you not see them? Is there somewhere else to put them besides the attach function when creating posts??? I can still see all of my attached files on the post.

After any change (such as BIOS update), you must provide complete/updated PR files.

don't expect peeps to go looking through all your posts to find your files

Plus the files referred to are pre-BIOS update. Not current, therefore not applicable now.

Note: They also show IGPU PM not implemented correctly.

I attached them on the post where I asked for help. They are on the first post he responded to. This site is really starting to get very frustrating for me. I know you have rules, I follow them and still get harassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back