Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki! Today I reinstalled macOS and update it to the latest one 10.13.5.
It's a good news that the guide is almost working now! But I have some feedback to share you and people who want to try this.

1. Backlight control is not working. I attached the problem reporting file.
Post install steps:Install latest clover. install kext. use your config.plist and edit the DVMT patch. use your t440p.aml​
2. Really confused about the attached files. Maybe you can remove some.
1529240905952.jpg

2. Trackpoint doesn't work. Home & End key doesn't work.
3. It takes about 5-10 seconds from I attach the DP to the TV working. Mouse becomes slow and screen on and off for several times. It's not a big problem but it will be wonderful if it can be repaired.
4. I don't know if it is normal:D
WX20180617-212146.png

Thank you very much for your working!! Have a good day.

Attachments

• PR20180617.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hi @Sniki! Today I reinstalled macOS and update it to the latest one 10.13.5.
It's a good news that the guide is almost working now! But I have some feedback to share you and people who want to try this.

1. Backlight control is not working. I attached the problem reporting file.
Post install steps:Install latest clover. install kext. use your config.plist and edit the DVMT patch. use your t440p.aml​
2. Really confused about the attached files. Maybe you can remove some.
View attachment 336412
2. Trackpoint doesn't work. Home & End key doesn't work.
3. It takes about 5-10 seconds from I attach the DP to the TV working. Mouse becomes slow and screen on and off for several times. It's not a big problem but it will be wonderful if it can be repaired.
4. I don't know if it is normal:D
View attachment 336413

Thank you very much for your working!! Have a good day.
For the moment i don't have macOS installed on any of my laptops.
I do have my 10.13.5 installer ready and will install it during this week on my Lenovo B570e, but can't guarantee for that.
That's why i have been away from updating and giving feedback on tonymac for these last two months.

For Home and End keys, install debug version of VoodooPS2Controller and check what codes do the Home and End key generate by checking logs.
"Make sure to check the time and seconds when you press the button, make sure to press it like 10 times each so you can see which code it was for each key on the logs so you don't confuse with any other keyboard button code generated.

Post the generated codes here and i will map them so they are fixed on the upcoming guide update.
My guides are a bit outdated but i will be updating all of them with recent changes.
During these two upcoming weeks.

Thank you. I am a noob at hackintosh. But thanks to your guide, I have installed Mac Sierra 10.12.6 on my Thinkpad T440p. It works perfectly. I did not try to mod the bios for native wifi. I used the Tp Link WN725N v3 usb wifi and it works really well. :)
0EwSDVZ.png

Last edited:
Hi Guy's,

Ive managed to upgrade my T440p form 10.12.6 unto 10.13.6 using you guide and been fairly successful. I build my ssdt from the include folder and the audio codec wasn't picked up so you may want to check they are the current version. I switched to the
attached pre complied and audio is now working.

None of my USB port seem to work though. Could some one have a look please?

Thanks,

Ian.

Attachments

• debug_18053.zip
    660.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hi Guy's,

Ive managed to upgrade my T440p form 10.12.6 unto 10.13.6 using you guide and been fairly successful. I build my ssdt from the include folder and the audio codec wasn't picked up so you may want to check they are the current version. I switched to the
attached pre complied and audio is now working.

None of my USB port seem to work though. Could some one have a look please?

Thanks,

Ian.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

As @MidGQ said there are confusing duplicate files attached.

I followed all instructions (except for Broadcom, Card Reader, and the AirPort). The only change I made was installing WhateverGreen instead of IntelGraphicsFixUp and Shiki (since WhateverGreen has subsumed those). But, my audio isn't working. Debug attached.

I tried both attached AMLs (with the same name). I also tried compiling my own AML with IASL. None of this worked.

Is this guide outdated? In particular, people were telling me that AppleALC is the preferred way to do audio now.

Edit:
In addition, I'm not sure if sleep is working properly. It appears to go to sleep and the power button blinks green. If I tap the power button I hear the mobo emit 4 beeps, repeatedly. Is tapping the power button the right way to unsleep?

Attachments

• debug_25938.zip
    667.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

I followed all instructions (except for Broadcom, Card Reader, and the AirPort). The only change I made was installing WhateverGreen instead of IntelGraphicsFixUp and Shiki (since WhateverGreen has subsumed those). But, my audio isn't working. Debug attached.

I tried both attached AMLs (with the same name). I also tried compiling my own AML with IASL. None of this worked.

Is this guide outdated? In particular, people were telling me that AppleALC is the preferred way to do audio now.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Edit:
In addition, I'm not sure if sleep is working properly. It appears to go to sleep and the power button blinks green. If I tap the power button I hear the mobo emit 4 beeps, repeatedly. Is tapping the power button the right way to unsleep?

The mistake with audio is obvious in your kextcache output:
Code:
ALC3232.kext has no Info.plist file.

The mistake with audio is obvious in your kextcache output:
Code:
Thank you.

I realized that the "ALC3232.kext.zip" in the OP extracts to ALC3232.kext which is a folder containing the ALC3232.kext. I improperly used the outer ALC3232.kext.

I believe I've fixed that, yet, my audio still isn't working. Debug attached.

Attachments

• debug_2180.zip
    2 MB · Views: 71
Thank you.

I realized that the "ALC3232.kext.zip" in the OP extracts to ALC3232.kext which is a folder containing the ALC3232.kext. I improperly used the outer ALC3232.kext.

I believe I've fixed that, yet, my audio still isn't working. Debug attached.

Boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot (as per FAQ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back