Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok got it,
So both BAT0 Notifiers & BAT1 Notifiers needs to be changed to BATC Notifiers, is that correct ?

Correct.
The idea is that Notify is used to notify the ACPI host that the status for a battery has changed (removed, added, or other), which prompts the host to query battery info via _BST/_BIF after receiving the notification. But because SSDT-BATC disables both of the native battery objects (such that no host code is connected to them), the notify needs to happen on BATC instead.

Note: In our case the ACPI battery host code is ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Correct.
The idea is that Notify is used to notify the ACPI host that the status for a battery has changed (removed, added, or other), which prompts the host to query battery info via _BST/_BIF after receiving the notification. But because SSDT-BATC disables both of the native battery objects (such that no host code is connected to them), the notify needs to happen on BATC instead.

Note: In our case the ACPI battery host code is ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Ok, i think im done with it.
But wanted to get a quick look from your side if it is ok or not.

After i get a quick look from you i will post files for testing.

What is left is after i post the files for testing, i will need him to capture Active USB Ports and create the Custom SSDT for USB.

The rest should be ok i think.

Attachments

• T440.zip
    476.2 KB · Views: 135
Ok, i think im done with it.
But wanted to get a quick look from your side if it is ok or not.

After i get a quick look from you i will post files for testing.

What is left is after i post the files for testing, i will need him to capture Active USB Ports and create the Custom SSDT for USB.

The rest should be ok i think.

Looks like you're on the right track, but config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType should be false. (you're injecting plugin-type with the SSDT).

Looks like you're on the right track, but config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType should be false. (you're injecting plugin-type with the SSDT).
Thanks for pointing that.
You did tell that to me previously, i use your Clover Build so i forgot to change that, while also injecting with SSDT for others.

@yankostav
Use this config.plist and add SSDT-T440.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Test what is working and what is not working.

Also i need you to capture Active USB Ports on IOreg
If you have it fine, if you don't go ahead and install USBInjectAll.kext
Reboot,
Open IOREG, insert a usb 2.0 device on each port (usb mouse or whatever,flash drive,etc) and remove 1by1, hold 2-3 sec plugged in then remove, then do the same on next port,
after that, do the same step with a USB 3.0 Device (ExternalHDD,FlashDrive,whatever).
after you are done with that, save a copy of that ioreg and upload it here so i can create the Custom Active USB Port Injector.

For audio if you previously had VoodooHDA installed you might need to clean previous files.
You can google on how to remove VoodooHDA in order to get audio working.

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.4 KB · Views: 178
  • SSDT-T440.aml
    8.8 KB · Views: 139
@Sniki - I finally managed to get a new T450s-type touchpad to replace the horrible stock one on my T440s on eBay. The seller guaranteed me that it was a Synaptics touchpad, but I'm starting to think it is not.

It is working, but only with single touch (two finger scroll does not work). Also, in IOReg it comes up as a Mouse (not a touchpad).

Is there anyway I can confirm if it is not Synaptics, or if something else is wrong with my configuration?

EDIT: Nevermind, I confirmed the terrible news - they sent me an ALPS version. Gotta haggle with the vendor now to get my money back..

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that.
You did tell that to me previously, i use your Clover Build so i forgot to change that, while also injecting with SSDT for others.

@yankostav
Use this config.plist and add SSDT-T440.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Test what is working and what is not working.

Also i need you to capture Active USB Ports on IOreg
If you have it fine, if you don't go ahead and install USBInjectAll.kext
Reboot,
Open IOREG, insert a usb 2.0 device on each port (usb mouse or whatever,flash drive,etc) and remove 1by1, hold 2-3 sec plugged in then remove, then do the same on next port,
after that, do the same step with a USB 3.0 Device (ExternalHDD,FlashDrive,whatever).
after you are done with that, save a copy of that ioreg and upload it here so i can create the Custom Active USB Port Injector.

For audio if you previously had VoodooHDA installed you might need to clean previous files.
You can google on how to remove VoodooHDA in order to get audio working.
Sorry for the delay. Attached are the lastest error report files collected after new plist and aml files.

- No more screen blinking and improve of general graphics performance! Small artifacts on logon screen but nothing serious.

- Sleep is working beautifully!

- All USB 2.0 devices were recognized and worked like a charm!

* USB 3.0 devices always shows an error message (attached) like "device requires power". Even my lovely Corsair Flash drive won't mount. Wired Apple keyboard didn't mount as it's actually recognized as an USB HUB... o_O

* No brightness control/hotkeys

* No battery indicator

* No Audio - BTW, I didn't touch VoodooHDA... Only installed the kexts recommended on your first post including the ALCxxx.kext... Strangely, when I first restored the laptop from sleeping (it was resting on my table since Oct/21) audio and hotkeys started to work (before I patch the system with your new files)

* No video on D-SUB and HDMI outputs

PS: Sorry my bad English... Not in the right mood to write beautifully on a foreign language today.

Attachments

• ErrorReportT440v3.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.34.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.34.31 PM.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.54.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.54.31 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.06.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 6.06.19 PM.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 110
Sorry for the delay. Attached are the lastest error report files collected after new plist and aml files.

- No more screen blinking and improve of general graphics performance! Small artifacts on logon screen but nothing serious.

- Sleep is working beautifully!

- All USB 2.0 devices were recognized and worked like a charm!

* USB 3.0 devices always shows an error message (attached) like "device requires power". Even my lovely Corsair Flash drive won't mount. Wired Apple keyboard didn't mount as it's actually recognized as an USB HUB... o_O

* No brightness control/hotkeys

* No battery indicator

* No Audio - BTW, I didn't touch VoodooHDA... Only installed the kexts recommended on your first post including the ALCxxx.kext... Strangely, when I first restored the laptop from sleeping (it was resting on my table since Oct/21) audio and hotkeys started to work (before I patch the system with your new files)

* No video on D-SUB and HDMI outputs

PS: Sorry my bad English... Not in the right mood to write beautifully on a foreign language today.

Ok sorry about this but i forgot to rename WAK to ZWAK which might have caused a lot of issues.

Im looking at other stuff too and will make the usb Injector and upload new files.. after an hour or so.

@yankostav
Attached are the new files.

Please first of all install FakeSMC.kext into the System/Library/Extensions

About TrackPad/TouchPad do you have the ELAN one or Synaptics ?

- Test USB ports, i created the USB Injector according to the IOreg you uploaded. see if they work correctly.

- Test Brightness Controls / Keys (both with Buttons & on Sysprefs > Display if theres the slider).

- See if Battery Status works now, make sure to check the box about showing battery on menu bar in Sysprefs>energy saver.

- Check if audio is working.

- Test Video Output on MiniDisplay Port/HDMI and make sure to send me IOREG with External Monitor/TV Connected.

Report back with results (with complete set of new Problem Reporting files)

Attachments

• SSDT-T440.aml
    9.1 KB · Views: 132
  • config.plist
    20.9 KB · Views: 303
@yankostav
Attached are the new files.

Please first of all install FakeSMC.kext into the System/Library/Extensions

About TrackPad/TouchPad do you have the ELAN one or Synaptics ?

- Test USB ports, i created the USB Injector according to the IOreg you uploaded. see if they work correctly.

- Test Brightness Controls / Keys (both with Buttons & on Sysprefs > Display if theres the slider).

- See if Battery Status works now, make sure to check the box about showing battery on menu bar in Sysprefs>energy saver.

- Check if audio is working.

- Test Video Output on MiniDisplay Port/HDMI and make sure to send me IOREG with External Monitor/TV Connected.

Report back with results (with complete set of new Problem Reporting files)
@Sniki, just a quick note before I collect the report files...

Installed FakeSMC.kext using Kext Wizard, boot and... no mouse or keyboard o_O

Had to plug in an external usb mouse & keyboard. Also no brightness anywhere (no controls or sysprefs), no battery status and no audio, no usb3 (same "usb device needs power message")

Video output IS working on d-sub alt only. Gonna reboot and collect files.

Ty for you effort and patience. Very much appreciated.

PS: Oh and yes! Touchpad is Synaptics as Rehab pointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back