Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
i checked and there are some differences on ACPI
im already working on it. almost done i think.
Files/Guide should be ready for Max Sunday.
The good thing is battery has the same patch and structure on ACPI... so that shouldn't take long.
I will upload a test file for you to test & capture Active USB 2 & 3 Ports on IOreg so i can create the custom USB Port Injector.

Yeah. USB is almost always different...
And the biggest difference is in the lack of EH02.
But there are a few other differences too, as you can see from the Clover bootlog where certain ACPI binpatches are not applied due to no match.

Main problem is you didn't get rid of EH02. This is from SSDT-T440P.aml:
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.EH02)

Weird... Have you checked my updated files on post #57? I did a search in the actual .aml file and there's nothing related to EH02. In the Sniki's .aml I can find several references like:

RMP1 PSTE '/_SB_PCI0EH02

I've attached the SSDT-Disable_EHCI.dsl

Try setting config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=false
(there is a weird thing related to it but I don't think it causing a problem)
In PLIST Editor it is defined as "String" with a value "0"... Changed it to "false" but no effect.

Attachments

• SSDT-Disable_EHCI.dsl
    1.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Weird... Have you checked my updated files on post #57? I did a search in the actual .aml file and there's nothing related to EH02. In the Sniki's .aml I can find several references like:

You can check it yourself:
- download the attachment you provided in post #157
- unzip
- unzip T440_Yanko_EFI_CLOVER.zip
- navigate to the resulting "CLOVER 2"/ACPI/patched
- open SSDT-T440P.aml in MaciASL
- Find 'EH02'

My bad again... zipped the wrong directory as I had to remove themes... attached is the correct EFI... the actual SSDT-T440P.aml has no entries for EH02... per MaciASL there's only records for EH01:

Code:
 Store (\SRU7, \_SB.PCI0.EH01.RID)
 Device (EH01)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
                Name (_S3D, 0x03)
                Name (RID, 0x00)
                OperationRegion (EHCS, PCI_Config, 0x00, 0x0100)

Ty guys... Time to get some bed... Eyes in fire. Ty for your support.

Attachments

• T440_Yanko_EFI_CLOVER_CORRECT_AML.zip
    2 MB · Views: 100
My bad again... zipped the wrong directory as I had to remove themes... attached is the correct EFI... the actual SSDT-T440P.aml has no entries for EH02... per MaciASL there's only records for EH01:

Code:
 Store (\SRU7, \_SB.PCI0.EH01.RID)
 Device (EH01)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
                Name (_S3D, 0x03)
                Name (RID, 0x00)
                OperationRegion (EHCS, PCI_Config, 0x00, 0x0100)

Ty guys... Time to get some bed... Eyes in fire. Ty for your support.

But you're not using the EFI/Clover you attached to this post.

Post #157 patchmatic -extract output proves it.
This is from SSDT-10.aml in that post #157 patchmatic output:
Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.EH02)
    {
        OperationRegion (RMP1, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x02)
        Field (RMP1, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
        {
            PSTE,   2
        }
    }

Sleep is probably a good idea. Less chance for mistakes like this.
Need a clear head to do this stuff.

Yeah. USB is almost always different...
And the biggest difference is in the lack of EH02.
But there are a few other differences too, as you can see from the Clover bootlog where certain ACPI binpatches are not applied due to no match.
Yes i noticed, so i will include on Final SSDT-T440 only SSDT-Disable_EH01.dsl

Yes also i also noticed the Binpatches:
HDAS to HDEF not needed since native DSDT has HDEF already. so no rename needed.
EHC2 to EH02 also not needed since theres no EH02 Controller.
No RMV too, so that patch needs to be removed as well.
Instant Wake Fixes according to T440 ACPI have 6d instead of 0d that T440P have.
L1D IS L0D so that was necessary to change.
Some small extra code into WAK.

So i noticed that the T440 has dual Batteries, Both BAT0 and BAT1 is present on IOReg,
So technically the battery patch is identical to the T440P except that "OFC" i have to paste the T440 Patched L0D and GBST,GBIF & WAK but when it comes to dual Batteries as far as i did read about it, i have to Rename both BAT0 & BAT1 notifiers to BATC and add SSDT-BATC.dsl to SSDT-T440 (as described on the SSDT-BATC.dsl)

Last edited:
HDAS to HDEF not needed since native DSDT has HDEF already. so no rename needed.

Yes. Haswell usually has HDEF already. HDAS is Skylake/KabyLake.

So i noticed that the T440 has dual Batteries, Both BAT0 and BAT1 is present on IOReg,
So technically the battery patch is identical to the T440P except that "OFC" i have to paste the T440 Patched L0D and GBST,GBIF & WAK but when it comes to dual Batteries as far as i did read about it, i have to Rename both BAT0 & BAT1 notifiers to BATC and add SSDT-BATC.dsl to SSDT-T440 (as described on the SSDT-BATC.dsl)

Yup.

FYI: Eventually, you get enough differences that even though it is similar, it is different enough to require a different repo and different guide. Or a complex repo/guide such as the methods I use in the Probook repo.

Yes. Haswell usually has HDEF already. HDAS is Skylake/KabyLake.

Yup.

FYI: Eventually, you get enough differences that even though it is similar, it is different enough to require a different repo and different guide. Or a complex repo/guide such as the methods I use in the Probook repo.
For some reasons the T440P does have HDAS even though it is a Haswell Laptop.

I definitely need to make a separate guide for T440 since changes are small but enough for people to struggle and have to help each 1 individually for same issues repeated many times.

In future (planning to create a complex Repo/Guide such as your ProBook Repo) if i manage to get the skills "learn" on how to make the scripts and makefile(s) for that.
That's one of my objectives for 2018 "next macOS version" if no major changes happens.

It would be easier for me to maintain and update guides instead of adding them 1by1 individually.

About Battery i am all done "for now unless more complex patching about dual batteries needed"

1 Question about BAT1 or BAT0 to BATC Notifier Renames:

According to the description of SSDT-BATC.dsl:
To use this SSDT, you must also patch any Notify for either BAT0 or BAT1 objects.

Due to my imperfect english can you correct me here:
1. Do i need to rename both BAT0 and BAT1 notifiers to BATC
2. or Only one of them (either BAT0 or BAT1), if it's this case:

Should i determine (is there a way) to know which one i need to rename as BATC or it doesn't matter which one i pick "BAT0 or BAT1".

1. Do i need to rename both BAT0 and BAT1 notifiers to BATC

No. The BAT0 and BAT1 devices and related code remain the same.
SSDT-BATC calls into each in order to create a combined power source (it appears to the system as one battery).
Only the Notifies for BAT0 and BAT1 need changing to BATC.

No. The BAT0 and BAT1 devices and related code remain the same.
SSDT-BATC calls into each in order to create a combined power source (it appears to the system as one battery).
Only the Notifies for BAT0 and BAT1 need changing to BATC.
Ok got it,
So both BAT0 Notifiers & BAT1 Notifiers needs to be changed to BATC Notifiers, is that correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back