Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ioreg you attached in post #460 shows layout-id=28 injected on HDEF.

From the OP:
Audio
For audio i created a audio injector "ALC3232.kext" which i patched on my own from my CodecDump from Ubuntu.
Audio is implement via SSDT-HDEF & SSDT-HDAU + config.plist = Kernel and Kext Patches
In my guide we will use LayoutID28 which is already injected on SSDT-HDEF & SSDT-HDAU - (for MiniDP Audio)
This kext should work for all the other Thinkpad Laptops that do have ALC3232 (ALC292) Audio Codec.
For this codec, it's required to use ALCplugFix in order to fix External Mic "Line-In".
What it does, it does automatically detect when you plug in headphones and does switch to the required verb for it.
I also built a CustomSSDT for CodecCommander "SSDT-ALC3232" which is required for fixing issues after wake from sleep.
Audio is 100% working, All Inputs,Outputs & Even after wake from sleep.

As I think I showed above, ALC3232.kext does use layout-id=28.

From the OP:

As I think I showed above, ALC3232.kext does use layout-id=28.

I was simply answering your question which was asking me why I was asking about layout-id=28.
My suggestion was that you actually look at the content of ALC3232.kext to insure it is coded for layout-id=28.

Note: That will need to change for Mojave as it does not support layout-id=28.

I was simply answering your question which was asking me why I was asking about layout-id=28.
My suggestion was that you actually look at the content of ALC3232.kext to insure it is coded for layout-id=28.

Note: That will need to change for Mojave as it does not support layout-id=28.
As I said above, I believe I did insure that ALC3232.kext is coded for layout-id=28.

See post 475.

As I said above, I believe I did insure that ALC3232.kext is coded for layout-id=28.

See post 475.

Great. I don't know why you were asking me why I was asking about it though.

Great. I don't know why you were asking me why I was asking about it though.
In an attempt to understand a course of action.

I've fixed the audio.

I reinstalled from scratch using this guide. Removed the ALC3232 kext. Changed up the DSLs to exclude everything related to audio. Changed up the config.plist to remove everything related to audio. Then I followed this guide, more or less: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

Maybe this method is missing some feature I haven't discovered yet, though. Or, maybe this thread is outdated. Don't know.

Macs use proprietary Apple GMUX. The software for GMUX not compatible with the method used on non-Apple PCs.
Hi @RehabMan
I just bought a 4k monitor. Only 4k@30hz on hackintosh with miniDP 1.2. I wonder is it possible that enable 4k@60 with HD4600?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

The monitor is 27' 4k but it shows wrong --
upload_2018-10-10_23-37-4.png

only 30hz and gray (can't change)
upload_2018-10-10_23-38-20.png

I attach the problem report file.

Attachments

• problem report.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back