Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
You installed USBInjectAll.kext incorrectly.
It is easy to see in your kextcache output:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe7cda33e40 [0x7fffa6b8caf0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

You have similar problems with other kexts: Lilu.kext, and maybe IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Refer to the FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
LOL..... I c+v kexts .... Hah...
Now it's OK!!!!
Thanks a lot !!!!!

~~~~~~SUCCESS~~~~~10.13.6~~~~~~THE GUIDE IS STILL WORKING~~~~~

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Not necessarily a problem--just curious about what's going on internally and not sure where to start digging. It seems to be using the CPU graphics exclusively. If so, is it possible to get it to use the discrete graphics as well?

Everything else is working great! The SystemLogo is a nice touch.

Not necessarily a problem--just curious about what's going on internally and not sure where to start digging. It seems to be using the CPU graphics exclusively. If so, is it possible to get it to use the discrete graphics as well?

Everything else is working great! The SystemLogo is a nice touch.

You neglected to attach any PR files.
Please read post #463.

You neglected to attach any PR files.
Please read post #463.

Here it is. Also, I just noticed the TrackPoint isn't working (though I don't really use it ever).

I'll update my profile, too; I think I misread all that.

Attachments

• debug_4856.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Here it is. Also, I just noticed the TrackPoint isn't working (though I don't really use it ever).

I'll update my profile, too; I think I misread all that.

According to ioreg, your graphics are working.

No expectation that the Nvidia (Optimus) can work... as per FAQ:

For the trackpoint, look into special settings as per SSDT-ThinkpadClickpad.dsl and SSDT-ThinkpadTrackpad.dsl in my VoodooPS2Controller project on github.

According to ioreg, your graphics are working.

No expectation that the Nvidia (Optimus) can work... as per FAQ:

For the trackpoint, look into special settings as per SSDT-ThinkpadClickpad.dsl and SSDT-ThinkpadTrackpad.dsl in my VoodooPS2Controller project on github.

Got it, thanks! Fwiw, the battery life seemed pretty similar to Windows, give or take twenty minutes, so I'm assuming the Nvidia stuff is already disabled by Sniki's patch (and the flickering is probably just in my head!).

(and the flickering is probably just in my head!).

Depends a lot on what kind of flickering you're referring to.
You should provide more details.

Depends a lot on what kind of flickering you're referring to.
You should provide more details.

Testing it out now. There are two issues in particular; neither seems to get in the way of functionality.

The first is the startup screen flickers to black a few times during boot and ends (briefly) with this curious effect:

View media item 190964
The second is harder to capture or explain. There's a slight hiccup on certain window animations--something like screen tearing in a 3D game without v-sync. It's especially noticable when opening and closing the launchpad, presumably because of the rendering involved in blurring out the desktop and having the icons zoom around. I was thinking this might be resolved by getting the Nvidia working since that would lend more graphics processing might to the OS, but it's not the end of the world either way. It's worth noting that the actual Mac I'm using is almost ten years old at this point, so I really don't have a solid point of reference on how macOS is "supposed" to perform.

Edit: I got iMessage working and either that or just restarting a whole lot seems to have jolted the TrackPoint back into action.

Last edited:
The first is the startup screen flickers to black a few times during boot and ends (briefly) with this curious effect:

Normal on hacks. Can be usually improved by enabling CSM/legacy boot in BIOS and using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (or WhateverGreen.kext, which is newly improved for Intel graphics).

The second is harder to capture or explain. There's a slight hiccup on certain window animations--something like screen tearing in a 3D game without v-sync. It's especially noticable when opening and closing the launchpad, presumably because of the rendering involved in blurring out the desktop and having the icons zoom around. I was thinking this might be resolved by getting the Nvidia working since that would lend more graphics processing might to the OS, but it's not the end of the world either way. It's worth noting that the actual Mac I'm using is almost ten years old at this point, so I really don't have a solid point of reference on how macOS is "supposed" to perform.

It could be almost anything that might steal CPU cycles when you don't expect.
You might eliminate non-critical things (card reader kext, USB WiFi, FakeSMC sensor kexts, etc) in an effort to isolate the problem.

Maybe ALC3232.kext does not use layout-id=28.
You should check.

Also, your DSDT.aml is not patched with "IRQ Fix".

See details in ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Thank you for your continued help. Sorry for the late reply.

I'm merely following this guide.

Why are you mentioning layout-id=28?

I have come to find that ALC3232 = ALC292? Based on this source https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs ALC292 supports layers 12, 18, and 28.

The ALC3232.kext has this in its Info.plist:

Code:
       <dict>
           <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
           <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string>
           <key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
           <array>
               <dict>
                   <key>Codec</key>
                   <string>Sniki - Realtek ALC3232 (ComboJack) "Lenovo ThinkPad L440"</string>
                   <key>CodecID</key>
                   <integer>283902610</integer>
                   <key>ConfigData</key>
                   <data>
                   ASccEAEnHQABJx6gAScfkAFHHCABRx0AAUce
                   FwFHH5ABRwwCAVccMAFXHRABVx4hAVcfAAFX
                   DAIBpxxAAacdEAGnHoEBpx8A
                   </data>
                   <key>FuncGroup</key>
                   <integer>1</integer>
                   <key>LayoutID</key>
                   <integer>28</integer>
               </dict>
           </array>
           <key>IOClass</key>
           <string>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
           <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
           <string>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
           <key>IOProbeScore</key>
           <integer>2000</integer>
           <key>IOProviderClass</key>
           <string>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriverLoader</string>
       </dict>

The config.plist provided in this thread has this,

Code:
       <key>Audio</key>
       <dict>
           <key>Inject</key>
           <integer>0</integer>

and this

Code:
           <key>Fixes</key>
           <dict>
               <key>#Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
               <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
               <key>FixHPET</key>
               <true/>
               <key>FixHeaders</key>
               <true/>
               <key>FixIPIC</key>
               <true/>
               <key>FixMutex</key>
               <true/>
               <key>FixRTC</key>
               <true/>
               <key>FixTMR</key>
               <true/>
           </dict>
That is the only mention I see of an IRQ fix. I also searched two AML files provided in this thread, and the one I generated myself (using instructions from this thread), and I find no "IRQ".

I could try to start messing with these files myself using the thread you linked. But, it appears others in this thread have gotten their audio working using the instructions in this thread. This leads me to believe I messed up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back