Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Morning everyone,

I want to upgrade my memory but want to make sure I get the most suitable memory for our machines. Can you please provide what I should look for spec wise.

Hello! My system works great using 10.15.4; however, my analog microphone doesn't work. Any ideas how to fix that?

Last edited:
Morning everyone,

I want to upgrade my memory but want to make sure I get the most suitable memory for our machines. Can you please provide what I should look for spec wise.
Have a look at the memory in the PC these take DDR3 1333 and 1600Mhz (1600 a bit better but not much) and if your keeping your old memory use that speed. There are recommendations within this thread but just about any decent make will do and the only thing to avoid is memory advertised as being for AMD chip sets exclusively. I have been buying 2nd hand memory for these and not had any problems with over 10 different memory sticks.

I'm having a reproducible error with an i7-3770 on the HP Elite 8300 where after installing a generated SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRGen.sh (and the beta version as well) without and with `-w 2` / `-c 2` I get a hang at boot. It appears to be a GPU related hang, but nonetheless the point of concern is to see such a hang that is 100% dependent upon the .aml being placed within the ACPI patched folder. Has anyone else experienced .aml related hangs at boot such as this?

Does the SSDT.aml generation section need an update? Does the `-EC.aml` need to be removed?

I'm having a reproducible error with an i7-3770 on the HP Elite 8300 where after installing a generated SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRGen.sh (and the beta version as well) without and with `-w 2` / `-c 2` I get a hang at boot. It appears to be a GPU related hang, but nonetheless the point of concern is to see such a hang that is 100% dependent upon the .aml being placed within the ACPI patched folder. Has anyone else experienced .aml related hangs at boot such as this?

Does the SSDT.aml generation section need an update? Does the `-EC.aml` need to be removed?

Hi, you have to change your SMBIOS from Macmini6,1 to IMac13,2 and generated a new SSDT.aml file with ssdtPRGen v.17 with the @LisaAlterEgo Method (page 13).

Let the -EC.aml in place it works fine

Thanks for this guide!! I have succesfull install on an 8300 USDT (i7-3770s, 8GB) on a SSD. It work fine and faster as I expected. Its my first hackintosh!

But I have few questions:
The USDT board has, exept the MXM port, two more ports, mSATA and a mini PCIe (full size). I would like to install Catalina on a fusion drive with a mSATA SSD and a 2.5" HDD, is this possible? I only have experience with a fusion drive on a MBP 13 late'11.
On the location where I want use the USDT is only wifi (2.4 and 5ghz) avalible and I would like to use BT-Devices and Airdrop. It is possible in the USDT-case to use BCM94360CD with a miniPCIe adapter? Under the HDD cage is not much space and I have no idea how to install the antennas.

The USDT board has, exept the MXM port, two more ports, mSATA and a mini PCIe (full size). I would like to install Catalina on a fusion drive with a mSATA SSD and a 2.5" HDD, is this possible? I only have experience with a fusion drive on a MBP 13 late'11.
Fusion Drives are not a good choice for a hackintosh. They offer no real advantages anyway. Use a 2.5" SSD instead. You can put it in the Optical drive bay if you'd like to. If you are installing Catalina it forces APFS on mechanical drives too. It's a bad idea to do that. Performance is much worse.
It is possible in the USDT-case to use BCM94360CD with a miniPCIe adapter? Under the HDD cage is not much space and I have no idea how to install the antennas.
You can use the miniPCIe slot for the half mini Wifi/BT card. You just need to find one that is compatible and also has BT. There are also OEM HP antenna kits on Ebay that you can use.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, you have to change your SMBIOS from Macmini6,1 to IMac13,2 and generated a new SSDT.aml file with ssdtPRGen v.17 with the @LisaAlterEgo Method (page 13).

Let the -EC.aml in place it works fine

Ugh - well I replied too soon. Getting the same hung results with the new SSDT.aml. According to the instructions it seems as though the MacMini6,1 should work, but maybe I do need to change to iMac13,2 instead. What a bummer, will have to rework serial and all then.

Make sure your config.plist has Root / ACPI / SSDT / Generate set to NO, and
make sure your Root / KernelandKextPatches has KernelXCPM disabled.

@LisaAlterEgo could you please give the specific key examples for this as I'm not seeing them enumerated anywhere else specifically. I'd like to see these either in a text editor or in Clover Configurator (probably raw plist text XML would be better).

Back