Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

@LisaAlterEgo, quick answer is am already using 1.4.9 AppleALC.kext

Clover Configurator has a nice automated feature to download your kexts into the EFI without manually going to github.

I'll read some more of what you wrote. I have used OC and booted but Clover has a lot of momentum/tools.

Oh and thank you for the quick reply. Also, I used "vi" editor to look in the Info.plist

@LisaAlterEgo, wow a wealth of info!

"PciRoot(0)/Pci(0xb,0)" should say "PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)" right.

Am injecting kexts and not the audio as you say. Am almost suspecting my microphone now.

Will keep posting my results. Thank you.

@LisaAlterEgo, wow a wealth of info!

"PciRoot(0)/Pci(0xb,0)" should say "PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)" right.

Am injecting kexts and not the audio as you say. Am almost suspecting my microphone now.

Will keep posting my results. Thank you.

Yes, you're right. Sorry for the typo.

vi works ok, but you see the plist in its base64 form, which isn't so readable.
For example, the section on the ALC221 looks like:

<dict>
<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
<data>
AwAAAA==
</data>
<key>Codec</key>
<string>Goldfish64 - ALC221 for HP Compaq Pro 4300/Pro 6300/Elite 8300 (All Form Factors)</string>
<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>283902497</integer>
<key>ConfigData</key>
<data>
AUccIAFHHUABRx4BAUcfAQFHDAIBdxwQAXcd
AQF3HhcBdx+QAXcMAgGnHEABpx0QAacegQGn
HwIBpwckAbccMAG3HTABtx6BAbcfAQIXHFAC
Fx0QAhceIQIXHwICFwwC
</data>
<key>FuncGroup</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>LayoutID</key>
<integer>11</integer>
<key>WakeConfigData</key>
<data>
AUcMAgF3DAIBpwckAhcMAg==
</data>
<key>WakeVerbReinit</key>
<true/>
</dict>

To work with it, you can use the "Calc" function of Hackintool. For example the ConfigData
string AUCCIAFH... can be copied and pasted into the base64 section, which tells you the
equivalent hex is

01 47 1C 20 01 47 1D 40 01 47 1E 01 01 47 1F 01 01 47 0C 02 01 77 1C 10 01 77 1D 01 01 77 1E 17 01 77 1F 90 01 77 0C 02 01 A7 1C 40 01 A7 1D 10 01 A7 1E 81 01 A7 1F 02 01 A7 07 24 01 B7 1C 30 01 B7 1D 30 01 B7 1E 81 01 B7 1F 01 02 17 1C 50 02 17 1D 10 02 17 1E 21 02 17 1F 02 02 17 0C 02

After getting rid of some spaces, you see the codec hda-verbs

01471C20 01471D40 01471E01 01471F01 01470C02 ... 01A70724 ... 02170C02

but all the moving and translating is a bit of a pain. I prefer a plist editor like ProperTree where
the same section is displayed as:

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 8.07.38 AM.png

Its a lot easier to interpret and takes care of the conversions for you.

Despite its convenience, a lot of people here don't like Clover Configurator. It sometimes silently
adds selections that don't appear directly in your config.plist, or deletes important stuff.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, I hope everyone is safe during this hard times..well, due the CORONAVIRUS situation the number of robberies and assaults r increasing in latinoamerica....and.., unfortunately..someone stole my iMac from my department and not just in my apartment(first time that something like this happens to me, and I'm 33 years old), so the only solution for my was to find a cheap hp 8300 (not that cheap here in Chile) + SSD + MSI Nvidia 710 and start my hackingtoch project and get back to work (I'm a PhD Student)... my question is, if with the Nvidia 710 can follow the same instructions? and I could not fin the VirtualSMC.efi file in the folder...I will appreciate any suggestions .....take care!

I succesfully installed Mojave on SFF i7, with GT 710, 28 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD. The only trouble I ran into was it not booting due to the date on BIOS but was easily fixed.Everything worked including mac store and imessage. I installed catalina but the intel gigabit ethernet does not work, therefore no mac store and no i message. Can someone give some insight as to where i should look to fix this? Thanks!

I succesfully installed Mojave on SFF i7, with GT 710, 28 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD. The only trouble I ran into was it not booting due to the date on BIOS but was easily fixed.Everything worked including mac store and imessage. I installed catalina but the intel gigabit ethernet does not work, therefore no mac store and no i message. Can someone give some insight as to where i should look to fix this? Thanks!

@Aerialpanorama,

The latest release version ( IntelMausi-1.0.2-RELEASE.zip from Acidanthera) works for me on my 8300 SFF.

Hello Guys, I hope everyone is safe during this hard times..well, due the CORONAVIRUS situation the number of robberies and assaults r increasing in latinoamerica....and.., unfortunately..someone stole my iMac from my department and not just in my apartment(first time that something like this happens to me, and I'm 33 years old), so the only solution for my was to find a cheap hp 8300 (not that cheap here in Chile) + SSD + MSI Nvidia 710 and start my hackingtoch project and get back to work (I'm a PhD Student)... my question is, if with the Nvidia 710 can follow the same instructions? and I could not fin the VirtualSMC.efi file in the folder...I will appreciate any suggestions .....take care!

@franjacostera12,

The only problem you may have is that the MacMini6,1 SMBIOS doesn't play that well with power management
of the Nvidia GT 710. You might check out Toleda's guide on Native Discrete Graphics Power Management and
decide to switch to iMac13,1 SMBIOS.

VirtualSMC.efi was droppped from the most recent version of the VirtualSMC.kext release. If you need the driver,
you have to get it from an older release.

Thanks man, can you pls send me your config.plist with the 710, I follow all the steps of the link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rm-factors-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.265384/ but I'm stock with the apple logo after clover start..... thanks

Thanks man, can you pls send me your config.plist with the 710, I follow all the steps of the link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rm-factors-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.265384/ but I'm stock with the apple logo after clover start..... thanks

You can simply use Sniki's config.plist and change the SMBIOS to iMac13,1. You have to change
the serial number and other machine details even if someone gives you their config.plist. I've
moved on to Opencore.

Thanks man, I think I just fix the problem, now I can't format the disk in disk utilities..some error like !media kit report not enought space" so I'm trying to find the solution for that problem...thanks for your reply

You can simply use Sniki's config.plist and change the SMBIOS to iMac13,1. You have to change
the serial number and other machine details even if someone gives you their config.plist. I've
moved on to Opencore.

Back