Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

@Sniki let me know if you need beta testers for the next tutorial.

Hi, has anyone tried to hackintosh with Open Core? Of so, can you share your EFI and Config.plist?? Thanks!

I do. I have Big Sur Public Beta 2 though, and I am not home so cant send you the config.plist. Maybe tomorrow.

Hi, can any one guide me to a good, well supported Low Profile AMD GPU that is preferably under $100?
I looked at used AMD LP options. The only thing close to $100 is the MSI RX 460. Looks like it might be worth the risk to buy used. Ebay has good buyer protection. The 460 is over 4 years old now so I've not got hopes that it would ever be supported for as long as a brand new Navi based card from AMD.

Last edited:
If we get lucky some manufacturer will release a LP RX 5300 that works with macOS Big Sur.
The new entry level and the mid tier 27" iMac has the Radeon Pro 5300 GPU so a LP RX 5300 would also be supported in Big Sur. A co. like MSI may even make a LP 5500 XT AMD GPU but probably not in a LP form factor. Since the LP RX 560s were such big selling products for MSI and Gigabyte the LP RX 5300 may happen, possibly in 2021.

Screen_Shot_23.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved for future post #3
I have Catalina on HP SFF 8300 with i5 3570. Would it be safe to install update from apple? I would like to, but I had some bad experiences in the past.

I have 10.15.6. The update is 10.15.6 supplemental update, which is about 2.8GB.
Here is the update:
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update includes bug fixes for your Mac.
-Fixes a stability issue that could occur when running virtualization apps
-Resolves an issue where an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) may appear washed out after waking from sleep

Rebuilt using Catalina and followed instructions but find that as soon as I put the ssdt.aml into /ACPI/Patched machine fails to boot. (Created aml using Pike Alpha's normal and beta threads - both bring same result.

Edit: Needed to enable internal Graphics which defaults to disabled. Now boots without issue.
Shows IGPU Device ID as 0x01528086 but Hackintool still shows VDA decoder as failed - is that right or should I be concerned about that?

Specs are i5 3470, with NVidia GT710, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.

Last edited:
I have the same config and booting failed after adding ssdt because my smbios wasn't right for the architecture I have. Don't use macmini use imac13,2 or macpro 6,1

Back