Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

As long as it works, it doesn't matter. it's up to each and everyone(s) personal choice.

However i do believe that MacPro6,1 is the right choice because:
- It's Ivy Bridge architecture
- Uses drivers from same class/architecture which are still there
- Worked OOB for me as well, only changed the SMBIOS
- MacPro6,1 is more like a towerPC compared to an iMac, Dedicated GPU users may have better time with it "in theory".

As for Power Management, you can check using IORegistryExplorer:

what about sleep and wake in 6,1? is it working also?

I have tried 15,1 on my 8300 Catalina and strangely sleep and wake works like a real mac i put it a sleep the computer also shuts down and when i press anything on my keyboard or just move my mouse it powers on and takes me immediately to my log in screen and continue where i left off just like a real man in the old 13,2 it never worked on vertual SMC but if i replace with the old fakeSMC from trs96's old post post yes it then works

i haven't tried big sur yet clover it not working with it sadly i hope they fix it too:) i will try opencore but i keep failing to boot to installer screen always black screen

anyways i look forward in trying opencore from you sniki

one more thing will it work with GT710?

One more thing will it work with GT710?
The 2nd gen Kepler GT750M is still supported so the GT710 should also still be supported. We'll need some testers to verify this.

MLB and ROM are the only two values that allow you to sign in to iMessage.
I'd like to learn more about this, but I'm pretty sure you're not talking about Major League Baseball, nor which Read Only Memory you're referring to. I'm not looking for a lesson, just a point in the right direction so I can educate myself.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you're not talking about Major League Baseball
M (Main) L (Logic) B (Board) Apple Macs are snobbish. They don't call them "mother" boards instead they call them "logic" boards. Sounds more high tech, doesn't it ?

I highly recommend all interested in learning hackintosh acronyms see this thread:

Last edited:
Additionally, my IOregisteryExplorer looks like this iMac 15,1 but ssdt generated for iMac13,2 (from my OC 0.6.0 Catalina install)
You have no Power Management

You have no Power Management

I do have sleep, hibernate, power nap, hard disk sleep etc disabled if that mattered.
Well I will wait until you post your guide to get it going then.
btw, what am I looking for in the IOregistry explorer. It looks exactly the same as what you posted. all entries are the same. x86platformplugin is loaded under CPU0.... although Intel Power Gadget doesnt work. keeps asking me to "touch Library/extensions"

I take it back. there was some system policy issue which resolved after uninstalling installing Intel Power Gadget. now I can see that the CPU hits turbo boost

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.32.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 6.32.54 PM.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
M (Main) L (Logic) B (Board) Apple Macs are snobbish. They don't call them "mother" boards instead they call them "logic" boards. Sounds more high tech, doesn't it ?

I highly recommend all interested in learning hackintosh acronyms see this thread:

Thanks. I read that before I made my hack, but hadn't remembered. It's so much easier to find things when you know where to look! :) (And as I get older, I find I forget where to look more and more often.)

I'd like to learn more about this, but I'm pretty sure you're not talking about Major League Baseball, nor which Read Only Memory you're referring to. I'm not looking for a lesson, just a point in the right direction so I can educate myself.
Here's some of the basics about Mac serial numbers and why it's going to make sense to change it when you go from a 2012 Mac mini to a 2013 Mac Pro SMBIOS or "Product Name" (to make it Big Sur eligible).

Apple devices manufactured after 2010 generally have 12-character alphanumeric serial numbers, with the first three digits representing the manufacturing location, the following two indicating the year and week of manufacture, the next three digits providing a unique identifier, and the last four digits representing the model number. Starting in 2011 the serial numbers for Macs went from 11 to 12 characters.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Here's the Late 2012 Mac mini Server 6,2 specs:

The Apple Mac mini "Core i7" 2.3 (Late 2012/Server) features a 22-nm Quad Core Ivy Bridge 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (3615QM) processor with four independent processor cores on a single chip.

So lets say your current Mac mini 6,2 serial is this: C07 J 5 0CF DWYN

The first 3 characters (C07) tell you that it was made by Quanta Computer in China. The Late 2013 Mac Pros were only assembled in the USA so already this serial doesn't correlate with your new SMBIOS of Mac Pro 6,1. The serials for all the 2013 Mac Pros start with F5K which means they were assembled in Fremont, CA and not it China. The four letters for the model number (DWYN) tell you it's a MD389LL/A or Core i7 Mac mini server model.

J tells you it was made in the 2nd half of 2012 and the week it was made by the number 5 which would mean September of 2012. If you have randomly generated and are using a Mac mini serial for a Late 2012 manufacturing date (there weren't any Trash Can Mac Pros even built that year), that is another glaring difference in the serial you are using with your new Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS.

Sometimes when you are having iCloud and iMessage issues you may have to call up Apple to fix problems. You'll want all the SMBIOS and serial, MLB and ROM info to match up with the Mac you are emulating. If you give them a Mac mini serial number and they check it, that's a major red flag when you've just said "I'm having problems with my 2013 Mac Pro being able to access iMessage or the MAS". It makes sense, doesn't it ?

You can use Clover Configurator to generate new Mac Pro 6,1 serials and SMUUID etc. First open your Clover config.plist with CC. Then click the small box in the lower right corner of the SMBIOS section panel. Choose Mac Pro 6,1 or whatever else you want to change it to. Save your modified config.plist.

Screen_Shot_13.jpg

For those that have migrated to OpenCore the GenSMBIOS script is a good one to use.

Last edited:
btw, how did you guys download the public beta (or public beta 2). I used gibMacOS, change max os, and catalog and then pick "public" and NOT "developer" but I think it still gave me the developer beta 4 because I just got developer beta 5 update... I shouldnt get it. How do I do this the right way?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back