Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

hi @aarkayx, Sorry to bother you! can I have the OpenCore EFI and Config.Plist Files PLEASE!

Hey, here it is. This assumes

1) opencore 0.6.0
2) i5-3470 with HD2500
3) Nvidia GT 710

Generate a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS for your self with GenSMBIOS tool and replace all "put-yours" in the config.plist with corresponding values.

I have to put this disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your desktop or any of its components.

Attachments

• EFI_macpro61_ssdt_132 copy.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 157
If I install with the i3, will I have to start all over again after the i7 upgrade? Should I wait to mount the i7 instead before installing the hack?
Not necessary. If your i3 doesn't have HD4000 (i3-3220) then you'd need a few minor changes.
I read the topic of graphics cards. Apparently, my GTX 660 would be compatible with Catalina, because it is natively recognized. You confirm ?
It's a kepler based card so it is, technically compatible. It's still an 8 year old card and not a great choice. It may have graphical glitches with Catalina. An AMD RX 570 or 580 is the better choice for graphics. They are very affordable, especially on the used market. They will perform far better with macOS. An RX 580 with 8GB vram should be all you'll need. It's the most commonly used card in this hackintosh community.
Will this Hackintosh be able to handle a BluRay burner?
It should work with the right model and the right software to play and burn Blurays. I believe most have used the LG branded Bluray drives in the past. I've never used one. As you may know, Apple never put a Bluray drive in any Mac they sold. Use site search to learn about Bluray compatibility.

Hello trs96 and thank you very much for your reply.

I'll take your advice and start looking for a used RX 580 card.
Is there a brand to favor? Some are perhaps more reliable? Quieter? I see that some models have original Overclocking. Is it a problem?

All the ones I see have DDR5 memory. In one of the guides, about the GT710 GPU, I read that the DDR5 model does not work, but the DDR3 does. Is this the same problem with RX cards?

RX 580 consumes 185W against only 130W for the GTX660. Will the original PSU be sufficient (using a SATA> 6PIN adapter)? I will probably upgrade the PSU but it would be nice if it could be a later step.

Thank you in advance.

Is there a brand to favor? Some are perhaps more reliable? Quieter? I see that some models have original Overclocking. Is it a problem?
Most any major name brand RX 580 with DDR5 Vram will work, even XFX. I've only owned Gigabyte which has fan stop but not used any of the others. Overclocks are no problem. You will probably never draw close to 185 watts of power for a 580, those are the maximum numbers. You could try your older PSU to see if it would work. If it's good quality and over 450W rated it may be good enough. If it's the stock HP 320W PSU I would just upgrade it right away and not use that.

Hi @aarkayx Have you updated to Open Core 0.6.1? If u have, let me know!

Yes, I have. Pretty easy to do. Just copy paste released files from acidanthera github repos to corresponding folders in your hackintosh's EFI folder. Search a little, you will find much more info

I did not change my config.plist. I used my the config.plist from 0.6.0. The new config.plist doesnt have anything for our machine as far as I know, in fact it has few problems as discussed in other forums. I cant seem to find the link right now.

After 3 days of no success updating from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1 on my HP 6300, i give up lol
only 3 days...?

Don't the Rules say you must try a minimum of one week before calling it quits ?
I think I spent more than that reading on how to hackintosh before I even created an installer :)

Back