[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_092541__01.jpg
    IMG_20200804_092541__01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200804_090839.jpg
    IMG_20200804_090839.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 41
So I disabled serial port but boot process can still find it and gets stuck at the next step
you can see from your screen shot that serial port is enabled

So I disabled serial port
If the serial port is disabled it could be a TPM or even a modem.

Your image shows a typical graphics configuration issue.

you can see from your screen shot that serial port is enabled
Yes, boot process says that it detects serial port but the serial port is disabled in the bios. I HAVE double checked (as per the other screenshot).
After quick look around the internet, I think the problem might be with wrong framebuffer value and ig-platfirm-id. I don't know which to use since I have HD2500 on graphics (disabled in the bios) with nvidia gt710 discrete graphics card.

Does anyone know what value to use for this graphics setup

I did follow this guide to get ivybridge/hd2500 with empty framebuffer, but suppose I still wrong values

Last edited:
I don't know which to use since I have HD2500 on graphics (disabled in the bios) with nvidia gt710 discrete graphics card.

I did follow this guide to get ivybridge/hd2500 with empty framebuffer, but suppose I still wrong values
See this post for BIOS settings.

I was just wondering about enabling the integrated graphics in the BIOS. That IS the biggest difference and most likely the breaking difference.

Yes, boot process says that it detects serial port but the serial port is disabled in the bios. I HAVE double checked (as per the other screenshot).
After quick look around the internet, I think the problem might be with wrong framebuffer value and ig-platfirm-id. I don't know which to use since I have HD2500 on graphics (disabled in the bios) with nvidia gt710 discrete graphics card.

I don't think you have to worry about the serial port. There is some discussion in the Opencore
manual about use of the serial port for debugging purposes, so it assumes that it is not an obstacle.
There is a Serial Port A you can disable in BIOS, and a Serial Port B that you can get to using HP's
BIOS configuration Utility in Windows.

With regard to the framebuffer, I suggest that you disable the IGPU in BIOS, and make sure the
Nvidia card is set to primary in BIOS. You don't need any identification of the IGPU in device
properties with Lilu and Whatevergreen. If it is enabled in BIOS, Whatevergreen will set the IGPU
AAPL, ig-platform-id to the default headless frambuffer 07006201 and the device ID to 52010000,
which you can confirm with IORegistryExplorer. You also don't have to define any properties for
the Nvidia card -- Whatevergreen will find it. Sometimes defining too many properties for the
IGPU and/or DGPU causes hangs in booting.

However, you do need to incorporate the HPET fix from SSDTtime, comprising the SSDT-HPET and the
two patches, HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename and RTC IRQ 8 Patch.

When you get it up and running, I think you'll find that the boot argument shikigva=256 will enable
software decoding for AppleTV, but only with the IGPU disabled. Otherwise you'll get greenscreen.
However, for some reason, Siri is a little slower coming up with the IGPU disabled.

You will need to set PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) device properties layout-id to 0B000000 for Nvidia
audio, or you can instead use an alcid=11 boot argument. I've had better luck with the former, and
it might take a couple of boots before the audio kicks in.

Got this after following the post, btw I think those settings are for clover but I am using opencore 0.6.0. if you say that this thread is about clover and not opencore, I will shutup and stop asking questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_161905.jpg
    IMG_20200804_161905.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 32
I don't think you have to worry about the serial port. There is some discussion in the Opencore
manual about use of the serial port for debugging purposes, so it assumes that it is not an obstacle.
There is a Serial Port A you can disable in BIOS, and a Serial Port B that you can get to using HP's
BIOS configuration Utility in Windows.

With regard to the framebuffer, I suggest that you disable the IGPU in BIOS, and make sure the
Nvidia card is set to primary in BIOS. You don't need any identification of the IGPU in device
properties with Lilu and Whatevergreen. If it is enabled in BIOS, Whatevergreen will set the IGPU
AAPL, ig-platform-id to the default headless frambuffer 07006201 and the device ID to 52010000,
which you can confirm with IORegistryExplorer. You also don't have to define any properties for
the Nvidia card -- Whatevergreen will find it. Sometimes defining too many properties for the
IGPU and/or DGPU causes hangs in booting.

However, you do need to incorporate the HPET fix from SSDTtime, comprising the SSDT-HPET and the
two patches, HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename and RTC IRQ 8 Patch.

When you get it up and running, I think you'll find that the boot argument shikigva=256 will enable
software decoding for AppleTV, but only with the IGPU disabled. Otherwise you'll get greenscreen.
However, for some reason, Siri is a little slower coming up with the IGPU disabled.

You will need to set PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) device properties layout-id to 0B000000 for Nvidia
audio, or you can instead use an alcid=11 boot argument. I've had better luck with the former, and
it might take a couple of boots before the audio kicks in.

Thank you so much!! Worked like a charm!

Im preparing to upgrade or rebuild an 8300 DT to Catalina and wondering is there is any advantage in going with OpenCore?

Back