Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I downloaded and installed the new release versions of OC 6.0, Lilu 1.4.6, VirtualSMC-1.1.5,
WhateverGreen-1.4.1, CPUFriend-1.2.1, and AppleALC-1.5.1. The ocvalidate tool was happy
with my config.plist from 0.5.9, and everything worked that I've tried so far. The Dortania
guide has also been updated to 0.6.0, and provides a newer SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.

My Geekbench4 scores seemed to improve slightly and booting is a little faster. Still evaluating.

Patiently waiting on the guide for HP Elite 8300 from someone. I tried with 0.5.9 and failed. Dortania guide is extensive. I must have missed something while sifting through that sea of info. Doing it in early AM probably didnt help either.

Patiently waiting on the guide for HP Elite 8300 from someone. I tried with 0.5.9 and failed. Dortania guide is extensive. I must have missed something while sifting through that sea of info. Doing it in early AM probably didnt help either.
If you're trying to use OC you could use a sanity check. Go to this URL and check out your config.plist after you set it to Ivy Bridge. https://opencore.slowgeek.com/

If you're trying to use OC you could use a sanity check. Go to this URL and check out your config.plist after you set it to Ivy Bridge. https://opencore.slowgeek.com/

Well, unfortunate thing is I did use the sanity checker and it said every thing was ok yet installation wouldnt go through. I didnt ask anyone because I knew 0.6.0 was coming so decided to wait for it.

nice, lisa if its not to much trouble can you share with me your config list minus any sensitive information? Ill probably update later this week and make it official daily use.

Still evaluating.
When using Nvidia GPU, there is a log stop for about 6 seconds from about 6 seconds after startup, during which the screen output is cut off.
In Clover, Graphics->BootDisplay = 0 results in BlackScreen but not disconnection.

Do you know how to do this in Open Core?

Append:
This did not happen when using OpenCore with Catalina.
It seems that OpenCore should be used after Catalina.

Last edited:
When I upgraded to 0.5.9 a couple months ago, I tried using the Sanity Checker
and it missed some of the changes in syntax required. Opencore now supplies
its own checker Uitility tool called "ocvalidate." I think it's more up to date.

I finally got 0.6.0 OC Catalina booting from sad with correct ssdt (full cpu speed) but boot takes really long (good 2-3 mins or so) at "Applekeystore operation failed". I did not use provide generic ssdt-ec and created ssdt-ec with ssdtime.
Screenshot of the boot delay is attached.
I have i5 hd2500 but with nvidia GT710. Audio and usb are working as well. System seems a little slow though.

Didn't know about ocvalidate so gotta double check things with that. I am also not entirely sure with my bios settings. Since the system boots, I suppose bios settings are alright!

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_212324.jpg
    IMG_20200803_212324.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
AnyOne help me mapping USB.kext (using this) on HP 8300 SMBIOS 15,1. I'm successfully installed Big Sur Beta. But USB needs power on Notification. And I cannot use mouse
As of August 3rd, the Public beta still hasn't been released. The developer beta is under NDA.

Back