Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Edit: I'm using the config plist you sent me and and I can confirm: it boots, audio through hdmi, internal speakers and the rear jack ports all work; thank you.. but the ones in the front wouldn't work for some reason..
I don't have a CPU with a built-in HD4000 so I don't know the actual reason.
Regarding HDMI via GPU, I think that it does not work because the HDMI output is prohibited by using the built-in GPU (HD4000) without using the GPU in the setting of config_HD4000.plist.
I'm not sure why the built-in ALC211 doesn't work, has it changed in the BIOS settings?

I think that AppleTV+ cannot be used because the display performance of the graphics is improved with the provided settings.
I do not use Apple TV+ etc., so please search the past log of this thread for the setting method etc.

The memory doesn't seem to be recognized properly, please check the memory status in the BIOS.

HP BIOS ->File->System Information->Memory Size
HP BIOS ->File->System Information-> Channel A -> DIMM1 / DIMM2
HP BIOS ->File->System Information-> Channel B -> DIMM3 / DIMM4

thank you, I confirmed that this is the memory I have 2 x 2gb and 2 x 4gb.

I’ve never had a problem with Sierra, HS or Mojave.

I did upload the video here if it’s helpful
USB Installer Reboot

thank you, I confirmed that this is the memory I have 2 x 2gb and 2 x 4gb.

I’ve never had a problem with Sierra, HS or Mojave.

USB Installer Reboot
Your boot arg look weird to me. I never saw this come up on my with "Boot args: -igfxno***** -v dmg=file:///Install%20macOS%20Catalina.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg"

Which config are you using from Sniki package?
config_HD2500.plist
config_HD4000.plist

USB Installer Reboot
If you are using this BIOS setting, please use Clover r5119, older Clover will not boot.
As a reminder, press F11 on the Clover boot menu to erase NVRAM.

I don't have a CPU with a built-in HD4000 so I don't know the actual reason.
Regarding HDMI via GPU, I think that it does not work because the HDMI output is prohibited by using the built-in GPU (HD4000) without using the GPU in the setting of config_HD4000.plist.
I'm not sure why the built-in ALC211 doesn't work, has it changed in the BIOS settings?

I think that AppleTV+ cannot be used because the display performance of the graphics is improved with the provided settings.
I do not use Apple TV+ etc., so please search the past log of this thread for the setting method etc.
Only the ports in the front panel don't work, everything else works as far as I can tell.. thanks!

Your boot arg look weird to me. I never saw this come up on my with "Boot args: -igfxno***** -v dmg=file:///Install%20macOS%20Catalina.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg"

Which config are you using from Sniki package?
config_HD2500.plist
config_HD4000.plist

config_HD2500.plist

If you are using this BIOS setting, please use Clover r5119, older Clover will not boot.
As a reminder, press F11 on the Clover boot menu to erase NVRAM.
This was IT!!! I was using r5220 since that is the newest build! I redid the USB Installer again with r5219, and it works!!! THANK YOU!!!

r5219 worked for me too, wasted a lot of hours last weeked trying to install this... 6300 with 3770.. working pretty good, boots very quick!!!

Acidanthera released new versions of Lilu, SMC, whatevergreen, and others. Anyone tried?

Acidanthera released new versions of Lilu, SMC, whatevergreen, and others. Anyone tried?

I downloaded and installed the new release versions of OC 6.0, Lilu 1.4.6, VirtualSMC-1.1.5,
WhateverGreen-1.4.1, CPUFriend-1.2.1, and AppleALC-1.5.1. The ocvalidate tool was happy
with my config.plist from 0.5.9, and everything worked that I've tried so far. The Dortania
guide has also been updated to 0.6.0, and provides a newer SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.

My Geekbench4 scores seemed to improve slightly and booting is a little faster. Still evaluating.

Back