Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM981 has the reboot problem when installing masOS as the description, Now I can only use it in 10.12.6 by nvme patched. I try to install 10.13.3 but the reboot problem makes me carzy. And I don't have any idea to solve it now. Just waiting for some new updates to make the installtion sucessfully.

ahh. ok now that makes sense. not only would it reboot during install but it would reboot when partitioning and formatting to APFS with Diskutility.

will take a look into class-code spoof and HackrNVMEfamily.

PM981 has the reboot problem when installing masOS as the description, Now I can only use it in 10.12.6 by nvme patched. I try to install 10.13.3 but the reboot problem makes me carzy. And I don't have any idea to solve it now. Just waiting for some new updates to make the installtion sucessfully.

Why not use class-code spoof and HackrNVMeFamily from 10.12.6?

was able to use class-code spoof with success which got me further along in the install process. but on second phase of install it crashes. fortunately this time it allow me to save an error log which i'm attaching here along with clover files.

thanks for your help

Attachments

• Installer Log 13-Feb-2018.txt
    330.6 KB · Views: 358
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 136
was able to use class-code spoof with success which got me further along in the install process. but on second phase of install it crashes. fortunately this time it allow me to save an error log which i'm attaching here along with clover files.

thanks for your help

I would tend to keep things simple for the installer... (avoid fully patched ACPI, and zillions of kexts...)
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hello there! I'm going to buy new laptop this week, choosing between XPS 15 9560 (7700HQ/FHD) and Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro. Actually I prefer XPS, so i need to know - is NVRAM works without emulation? What about platform-id for FHD model? What's the speed of SSD drive under macOS? Does all gestures working like on MacBook? At least functions, i'm not talking about animations for "progress" of gesture, but that would be glad too. I read some XPS is running Samsung SSD - what if i'll get one? Can i still patch it for 4k sectors?

@jacknick did you abandoned your UX430 build? I see you are on XPS now.

Yeah returned it. I had everything working for the most part. Some audio issues. But decided on the larger and better quality build of the XPS. But it’s much harder so far to convert to Mac. Haven’t been able to install. The clover files from this guide at least got me past usb problems.

Yeah returned it. I had everything working for the most part. Some audio issues. But decided on the larger and better quality build of the XPS. But it’s much harder so far to convert to Mac. Haven’t been able to install. The clover files from this guide at least got me past usb problems.

I am three weeks now on my journey trying to convert the UX430UA. I have good things working like keyboard backlight, screen brightness control, I2C trackpad control, but so far no graphics and sound - which I am working on now and struggling with quite badly. Mirone created a patch for me for the rare ALC294 but so far no luck installing it, my machine crash badly with it. Rehabman is helping me with my HD 620.

XPS definitely nice hardware but I guess different challenges with each laptop :crazy:

I hope you get it working, I know it can take time.

what do you have in S/L/E ? Nothing ?

My /S/L/E content is all the kexts provided by the macOS/OS X installer by Apple, of course.

Also, any patched AppleHDA or *.zml.zlib files to to /S/L/E as required by AppleHDA (really depends on how you approach AppleHDA patching).

Well, I'm happy to report that I got my XPS 15 non-touch fully operational and stable with 10.13.1. I think the main issue for me was the SMBIOS. I could not use 14,3 in the config.plist provided in #1 post of this guide. I had to go with 14,1.

I'm also able to dual boot with Windows 10. Clover is not seeing the boot entry but I am able to select it through the BIOS options. Will have to figure that out. (for another thread i guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back