Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Thanks for the reply, Here are the problems files requested.

It looks like perhaps you deleted the required Intel graphics kexts for your device.
Run the macOS installer to restore all kexts.

It looks like perhaps you deleted the required Intel graphics kexts for your device.
Run the macOS installer to restore all kexts.

I don't really know how to thank you and this community, but I'm grateful for your hard work.
With that bit of advice I now have a fully functioning laptop. Wow.
Also realised that USB tethering works pretty well with descent connection speed. As for bluetooth tethering speeds around 1 Mbit/s. So I guess now is as good a time to read up on WIFI surgery.

Again, thank you sir and have a nice day.

Hey guys, I have been having issues on my XPS 15 (i5 7300, gtx1050) and I can't boot into the installer. The kernel keeps panicking faster than I can read whats wrong and as you can see in the image attached, the log is so long its unhelpful. I attached my EFI folder below. I put in a different SSD (960 pro), could that be the issue? In sierra it just meant I couldn't view the drive in the installer but now I can't even reach it. Any help is appreciated.

I tried changing my ig-platform id, updating lilu.kext and VPS2.kext, and I tried the AptioMemoryfix.efi (as is in my efi folder) but nothing has worked.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 116
  • verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 243
Hey guys, I have been having issues on my XPS 15 (i5 7300, gtx1050) and I can't boot into the installer. The kernel keeps panicking faster than I can read whats wrong and as you can see in the image attached, the log is so long its unhelpful. I attached my EFI folder below. I put in a different SSD (960 pro), could that be the issue? In sierra it just meant I couldn't view the drive in the installer but now I can't even reach it. Any help is appreciated.

I tried changing my ig-platform id, updating lilu.kext and VPS2.kext, and I tried the AptioMemoryfix.efi (as is in my efi folder) but nothing has worked.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Yes I have read all of them, and I also included all of the files you wanted me to in my previous post. Its almost as if your reply was automated.

I'm sorry my profile wasn't fully filled out but I thought that since we are on a guide for a specific type of laptop I thought the specs I provided in my post would have sufficed.

I am sorry to sound like an ass but it looks like you didn't even read my post. I have been hackintoshing for 4 years now and this is the only time I have not been able to overcome a problem without asking online. I figured that this guide and its files should have helped but that is not the case. Now, would you kindly re-read my previous comment and try to help? Thank you.

Yes I have read all of them, and I also included all of the files you wanted me to in my previous post. Its almost as if your reply was automated.

I'm sorry my profile wasn't fully filled out but I thought that since we are on a guide for a specific type of laptop I thought the specs I provided in my post would have sufficed.

I am sorry to sound like an ass but it looks like you didn't even read my post. I have been hackintoshing for 4 years now and this is the only time I have not been able to overcome a problem without asking online. I figured that this guide and its files should have helped but that is not the case. Now, would you kindly re-read my previous comment and try to help? Thank you.

The files you attached prove you didn't follow the guide.

The files you attached prove you didn't follow the guide.

I agree, and I am sorry. Turns out I figured out how to boot after all. For some reason I couldn't get to the installer through my USB but I could if I booted to the installer through clover on my hard drive. Everything installed perfectly then.

Problem is now I can't get brightness controls or the headphone jack to work. After some searching I see that VoodooPS2 changes the brightness controls to f14 and f15? I tried changing them back to the defaults but it wouldn't work. Can you help me out with that since you wrote the kext? I have the latest VoodooPS2controller kext from you bitbucket.

I agree, and I am sorry. Turns out I figured out how to boot after all. For some reason I couldn't get to the installer through my USB but I could if I booted to the installer through clover on my hard drive. Everything installed perfectly then.

Problem is now I can't get brightness controls or the headphone jack to work. After some searching I see that VoodooPS2 changes the brightness controls to f14 and f15? I tried changing them back to the defaults but it wouldn't work. Can you help me out with that since you wrote the kext? I have the latest VoodooPS2controller kext from you bitbucket.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi! Getting stuck at the install for my xps 15 non-touch model. It just reboots where it says 12 min remaining. (this is after the first self reboot..see pic) I followed the guide and used the EFI folder. I did have to change to AptioMemoryFix.efi driver since I was getting that MACH reboot error at first.

IMG_0953.JPG

please see problem reporting files and thanks for this great guide.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 127
Hi! Getting stuck at the install for my xps 15 non-touch model. It just reboots where it says 12 min remaining. (this is after the first self reboot..see pic) I followed the guide and used the EFI folder. I did have to change to AptioMemoryFix.efi driver since I was getting that MACH reboot error at first.

View attachment 311591

please see problem reporting files and thanks for this great guide.

The installation process is multi-stage and requires several reboots... so it is quite likely the reboot you had is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back