CPU
AMD
Graphics
AMD
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I'm building a PC with an ASUS GeForce GTX 960 4GB in the Build. It also has an AMD CPU (FX-8320).
I have 2 questions.

1. Is this GPU compatible with OS X 10.9?

and

2. What's the closest Intel equivalent to the AMD FX-8320 at the same price?

Any help is appreciated. :)

So I'm building a PC with an ASUS GeForce GTX 960 4GB in the Build. It also has an AMD CPU (FX-8320).
I have 2 questions.

1. Is this GPU compatible with OS X 10.9?

and

Read the Rules :

"AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted"

Apple do not use AMD processors so there is no support for them in OS X.

I asked this as well. I know not to use AMD. Which is why this question was asked.

The reminder is not just for you but for other readers of this thread too.

P1GRIM it's so obvious that only Intel is supported. There is no Mac with anything else but Intel CPUs really don't get why people ask or even attemp to try this such a waste of time. Macs only use Intel CPUs nothing else.

The reminder is not just for you but for other readers of this thread too.

Okay that's cool.

P1GRIM it's so obvious that only Intel is supported. There is no Mac with anything else but Intel CPUs really don't get why people ask or even attemp to try this such a waste of time. Macs only use Intel CPUs nothing else.

I also know this. I didn't ask if can I use an AMD CPU. I asked what Intel CPU is the closest to that AMD CPU. So I would like my question answered. (Not trying to come across as arrogant here, just mildly annoyed. That's all).

So again... What's the closest Intel Equivalent to the AMD CPU?

Okay that's cool.

I also know this. I didn't ask if can I use an AMD CPU. I asked what Intel CPU is the closest to that AMD CPU. So I would like my question answered. (Not trying to come across as arrogant here, just mildly annoyed. That's all).

So again... What's the closest Intel Equivalent to the AMD CPU?

Just checking, you do realise that you will have to change the motherboard too ?
What you really want is a motherboard and an Intel CPU combination which is a question with a great many answers.
A lot would depend on your budget and your intended use of the computer.

Just checking, you do realise that you will have to change the motherboard too ?
What you really want is a motherboard and an Intel CPU combination which is a question with a great many answers.
A lot would depend on your budget and your intended use of the computer.

Yes I do know, don't worry.

Budget = $1500 AUD

I'm gonna be gaming, video editing, Making electronic music, Web Browsing, Word Processing and Running 2 1080p Monitors while doing these things.

I'm sorry for not specifying budget and my uses. I should've done that, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back