Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5420 Graphics Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
VGA cable, I so have the option of going with HDMI but need to buy a new monitor.

VGA generally does not work with OS X. Use HDMI instead.

Ok, I'll work in buying a new monitor with HDMI connection.

Question, I updated my bios to the latest version, do you think that will make a difference in detecting the network cards if I install OSx again?

Question, I updated my bios to the latest version, do you think that will make a difference in detecting the network cards if I install OSx again?

No.

Hey Rehabman, hope you are doing well. So I finally got the internet working. The link that you had sent me I digged in the posts and found updated kext that worked with my card.

Afterwards I started installing almost all the drivers in multibeast and now it messed up the boot, it's not booting into OS anymore.

im reinstalling OS again, can you guide me on what drivers I should install?

Hey Rehabman, hope you are doing well. So I finally got the internet working. The link that you had sent me I digged in the posts and found updated kext that worked with my card.

Afterwards I started installing almost all the drivers in multibeast and now it messed up the boot, it's not booting into OS anymore.

im reinstalling OS again, can you guide me on what drivers I should install?

Installing "almost all the drivers in Multibeast" is a bad idea.

You should install only what you need based on what hardware you have. Even then, you should try to do things one at a time, so you know what works and what causes issues.

Use DPCIManager->PCI List to know what hardware you have. Usually, there is very little of use in Multibeast for laptops.

Ok, I'll go through the list, one issue I'm having is safari not loading correctly, it just shows a blank page and it flickers, it looks like it wants to load the images but it doesn't.

You out think that's from video card drivers?

Ok, I'll go through the list, one issue I'm having is safari not loading correctly, it just shows a blank page and it flickers, it looks like it wants to load the images but it doesn't.

You out think that's from video card drivers?

Caused by lack of proper video driver support.

Awesome, Awesome , I got it working. All looks good, I'll run like this for a few days and see if I run into any issues. Thx for all your knowledge.

Now I'm having an issue with subnet mask, router and DNS servers are blank, any ideas why all of a sudden it did that?

Disregard the last post. All is working great, at home and at work. I am able to connect to work network with no issues. :headbang:

One question, is there a patch or some kind of driver that i can setup the command key MAC keyboard has on Dell keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back