Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5420 Graphics Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye i did that, i ran live latest x64 bit ubuntu and here is the results.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ lspci -nn
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
0a:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [14e4:1681] (rev 10)

BCM4313 WiFi is not supported. You'll need to replace it. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

BCM5761 Ethernet may be supported by the driver here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...5m-bcm5787m-and-bcm5906m-nic-driver-3264-bit/

Alright, Awesome man I will try that, thanks.

RehabMan, question, is there a USB wireless adapter i can buy that it will be 100% supported?

RehabMan, question, is there a USB wireless adapter i can buy that it will be 100% supported?

I don't know. I've never used one...

OK, thank you for all the help. I am going to attempt to install Mavericks or 10.8 again, hope this time will work.

Unfortunately, it didn't work again, I loaded the drivers but it still didn't see it. Question, when I am going through the initial setup to create username I come to a window where I can choose if I connect to internet or not.

if I choose I connect to internet and choose DHCP as my connection the next window I come it is name and password. But the thing is I never set anything up.

so I reboot and start initial setup again but this time I choose this computer does not connect to internet, that's when I can put my name and create username and pass.

What at I am doing wrong here?

Unfortunately, it didn't work again, I loaded the drivers but it still didn't see it. Question, when I am going through the initial setup to create username I come to a window where I can choose if I connect to internet or not.

if I choose I connect to internet and choose DHCP as my connection the next window I come it is name and password. But the thing is I never set anything up.

so I reboot and start initial setup again but this time I choose this computer does not connect to internet, that's when I can put my name and create username and pass.

What at I am doing wrong here?

It doesn't matter how you answer the "connect to internet" question.

What matters is if you have installed Ethernet drivers that work or not...

OK, ye i extracted the file using kextwizard to /System/Library/Extensions, rebooted and still no go. i only see VPN PPPoE and 6 to 4 under network, location is even empty.

is there a command or something i need to run?

OK, ye i extracted the file using kextwizard to /System/Library/Extensions, rebooted and still no go. i only see VPN PPPoE and 6 to 4 under network, location is even empty.

is there a command or something i need to run?

I assume you mean you installed the driver as linked in post #11? And it is not working?

It could be the driver does not support your specific device.

Post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

You might also look at your system.log (from Console.app) to see if there are any error messages coming as the driver starts.

Yes, the link you sent me to download the drivers. I grabbed that and used the wizard to install it. Here is the attached ioreg.

I am looking in console now, im filtering by BCM and network but nothing is showing up, its a long list.

Attachments

• Ara’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back