Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude E5420 Graphics Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the link you sent me to download the drivers. I grabbed that and used the wizard to install it. Here is the attached ioreg.

I am looking in console now, im filtering by BCM and network but nothing is showing up, its a long list.

The driver on the first post does not support your device-id, 14e4:1681. You could try adding it to the Info.plist, or you might read more of the thread to see if there is an updated one with support for your device.

All right man, ill keep looking. Thank you for all your help. If you happen to come accross a wireless USB adapter i can buy that 10.8 or mavericks supports please let me know.

Take care.

All right man, ill keep looking. Thank you for all your help. If you happen to come accross a wireless USB adapter i can buy that 10.8 or mavericks supports please let me know.

Take care.

Look at the buyer's guide on this site.

But without working Ethernet and without built-in WiFi, you will not be able to access the Mac App Store and other Apple services.

I am back to windows 8.1. I looked at buyers guide all i saw was Wifi without USB connection. I need a Wifi USB adapter. I do have one but dont know if it supported, USB Wifi adapter D-LINK DWA-162 N900 Dual Band Adapter. Im looking to see if I can find support.

I am back to windows 8.1. I looked at buyers guide all i saw was Wifi without USB connection. I need a Wifi USB adapter. I do have one but dont know if it supported, USB Wifi adapter D-LINK DWA-162 N900 Dual Band Adapter. Im looking to see if I can find support.

Maybe in one of the older buyers guides (I saw one in there at one point...). Or you could search newegg.com for Mac compatible USB WiFi. But I don't recommend it anyway as it won't give you access to the Mac App Store. Instead, I suggest replacing the internal mini-PCIe WiFi card with one that is compatible with OS X.

OK, i will change the internal mini-PCIe WiFi card and try installing OSx again. What about the display? It worked but it did not recognize second monitor, is there a way I can change or do something about that?

OK, i will change the internal mini-PCIe WiFi card and try installing OSx again. What about the display? It worked but it did not recognize second monitor, is there a way I can change or do something about that?

What is the "display issue?"

Also,
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

Well when I installed MAC OS the display worked fine but when I connected a second monitor OS did not recognize it.

Display Adapters from CPU-Z
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter 0
Display name \\.\DISPLAY1
Name Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+)
Codename Sandy Bridge
Technology 32 nm
Memory size 2108 MB
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x1028)
Model ID 0x0126 (0x049B)
Performance Level 0
Core clock 650.0 MHz

Win32_VideoController AdapterRAM = 0x83C00000 (2210398208)
Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 9.17.10.2932
Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 12/12/2012

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 8.1 (6.3) 64-bit (Build 9600)
DirectX Version 11.0

Well when I installed MAC OS the display worked fine but when I connected a second monitor OS did not recognize it.

How is the external monitor connected?

Display Adapters from CPU-Z

Display adapter 0
Display name \\.\DISPLAY1
Name Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+)
Codename Sandy Bridge
Technology 32 nm
Memory size 2108 MB
PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x1028)
Model ID 0x0126 (0x049B)
Performance Level 0
Core clock 650.0 MHz

Win32_VideoController AdapterRAM = 0x83C00000 (2210398208)
Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 9.17.10.2932
Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 12/12/2012

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 8.1 (6.3) 64-bit (Build 9600)
DirectX Version 11.0

Please add the requested information to your profile. See post #27.

VGA cable, I so have the option of going with HDMI but need to buy a new monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back