Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well @Feartech , I got my hands on a G-Drive USB 3.0 HDD and both USB 3 ports didn't work and nothing changed in Hackintool!
Does this has anything to do with the Texas TUSB73x0? should i add texas PCI properties to clover config?

Last edited:
Well, I got my hands on a G-Drive USB 3.0 HDD and both USB 3 ports didn't work and nothing changed in Hackintool!
Does this has anything to do with the Texas TUSB73x0? should i add texas PCI properties to clover config?

PS: USB 2 ports read the G-Drive normally. Only USB 3 didn't.

Last edited:
maybe re read and follow the usb setup guide as is
I did. I guess the problem is my laptop has only EH01 and EH02 controllers, i can't find XHC controller even on IORegistryExplorer!

Should i use patches like ESEL to ESEZ, XSEL to XSEZ, or XWAK to ZWAK?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.58.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.58.15 PM.png
    306.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.58.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.58.01 PM.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 53
I did. I guess the problem is my laptop has only EH01 and EH02 controllers, i can't find XHC controller even on IORegistryExplorer!

Should i use patches like ESEL to ESEZ, XSEL to XSEZ, or XWAK to ZWAK?
those other renames are not going to help, which is also not mentioned in the guide you are following

maybe @UtterDisbelief may have an idea

those other renames are not going to help, which is also not mentioned in the guide you are following

maybe @UtterDisbelief may have an idea

Hi both,

This looks like one of those laptop CPUs that has the chipset built-in. And as a 6-series C200 architecture I don't think there will be an XHCI controller in there at all.

The Texas Instruments chip is providing USB3 and as you are using macOS Sierra you might find GenericUSBXHCI.kext by @RehabMan does help to control those ports. However it was last updated 5-years ago and is now classed as unreliable so results may be mixed.

So on to the Bluetooth problem:

It looks as though it is attached to EH02/PR21/HP24 but I am not quite sure what you mean in post #1 with the phrase ... "I have bluetooth, DELL 1702 (Atheros AR9285, AR5B195+AR3011), working via Rehabman's IOath3kfrmwr.kext"

I am not familiar with this Atheros chipset. Is bluetooth integrated or are you using a separate adapter?

:)

Hi both,

This looks like one of those laptop CPUs that has the chipset built-in. And as a 6-series C200 architecture I don't think there will be an XHCI controller in there at all.

The Texas Instruments chip is providing USB3 and as you are using macOS Sierra you might find GenericUSBXHCI.kext by @RehabMan does help to control those ports. However it was last updated 5-years ago and is now classed as unreliable so results may be mixed.

So on to the Bluetooth problem:

It looks as though it is attached to EH02/PR21/HP24 but I am not quite sure what you mean in post #1 with the phrase ... "I have bluetooth, DELL 1702 (Atheros AR9285, AR5B195+AR3011), working via Rehabman's IOath3kfrmwr.kext"

I am not familiar with this Atheros chipset. Is bluetooth integrated or are you using a separate adapter?

:)
Integrated.

Now i have bigger problem, i reinstalled GENERICUSBXHCI and removed AppleHPET.kext from S/L/E and can’t boot!

i have a copy on my desktop but i can’t even boot now. Help!

Integrated.

Now i have bigger problem, i reinstalled GENERICUSBXHCI and removed AppleHPET.kext from S/L/E and can’t boot!

i have a copy on my desktop but i can’t even boot now. Help!

GenericUBXHCI.kext will not stop your laptop from booting, but removing the other kext might. Never remove anything from S/L/E.

If you still have your bootable USB installer drive you can boot that as though you were going to re-install, so select External, but instead of running the installer go to the Tools menu and use Terminal to replace your kext. This involves using some Terminal commands but copying from the desktop into S/L/E is not too difficult.

Otherwise we need @Feartech back again because he's the Laptop wizz around here :thumbup:

I don’t have a bootable usb

GenericUBXHCI.kext will not stop your laptop from booting, but removing the other kext might. Never remove anything from S/L/E.

If you still have your bootable USB installer drive you can boot that as though you were going to re-install, so select External, but instead of running the installer go to the Tools menu and use Terminal to replace your kext. This involves using some Terminal commands but copying from the desktop into S/L/E is not too difficult.

Otherwise we need @Feartech back again because he's the Laptop wizz around here :thumbup:
I guess i can move it from desktop to S/L/E using single user mode. The problem is i renamed it to AppleHPETbackup.kext
Will it affect anything? Or is there a rename command in single user mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back