Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thank you!
One last question, Can i depend only on USBPort.Kext only? there's no need to use SSDT-UIAC or adding PCI device properties to Clover?
you either use:
USBPorts.kext

or you use:
USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml

you either use:
USBPorts.kext

or you use:
USBInjectAll.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml
Got it!
should it be installed only in EFI without installing to L/E?

Hi again @Feartech

So, i followed the guide and tested all 4 USB ports i have on my laptop, no USB 3 detected in USB section and USB 3 ports are not even working as USB 2, but i can see Texas xHCI USB 3 detected in PCIe.

Is this normal? Should i export USBPort.kext and only relay on the remaining USB 2 ports?
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.06.05 PM.png
screen-shot-2020-03-27-at-7-06-12-pm-png.457491
Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.06.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.06.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.06.12 PM.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 189
Hi again @Feartech

So, i followed the guide and tested all 4 USB ports i have on my laptop, no USB 3 detected in USB section and USB 3 ports are not even working as USB 2, but i can see Texas xHCI USB 3 detected in PCIe.

Is this normal? Should i export USBPort.kext and only relay on the remaining USB 2 ports?
View attachment 457487
screen-shot-2020-03-27-at-7-06-12-pm-png.457491
View attachment 457492
you have set your laptop webcam as usb2.0, if it is an "internal" webcam then that will need to be set to "Internal"

when you plug in a usb3.0 device, then the white will change to green background

use that same device to plug in to your other ports

then use a usb2.0 device to check all ports

once you have tested your ports, then delete the white ports that are not in use

then check your ports are usb3 and or usb2 and chnage accordingly

then export the files

you have set your laptop webcam as usb2.0, if it is an "internal" webcam then that will need to be set to "Internal"

when you plug in a usb3.0 device, then the white will change to green background

use that same device to plug in to your other ports

then use a usb2.0 device to check all ports

once you have tested your ports, then delete the white ports that are not in use

then check your ports are usb3 and or usb2 and chnage accordingly

then export the files
My laptop webcam is internal. I didn't change anything, Hackintool detected it as "usb 2". will set it to "Internal".

I don't have a usb3 device for now. Can i export USBPort.kext and use it for now and later i might replace it with new export when i get usb3?

My laptop webcam is internal. I didn't change anything, Hackintool detected it as "usb 2". will set it to "Internal".

I don't have a usb3 device for now. Can i export USBPort.kext and use it for now and later i might replace it with new export when i get usb3?
you need to use a usb3.0 device to setup your ports, without one then it is pointless in you setting up your ports

hackintool can make a guess at your ports but YOU need to check and amend where necessary

you need to use a usb3.0 device to setup your ports, without one then it is pointless in you setting up your ports

hackintool can make a guess at your ports but YOU need to check and amend where necessary
I get your point, but can i export a kext for now and use it till i get a usb 3 device then export a new one, or should i use GenericUSBXHCI again till i get a usb 3 device?

I get your point, but can i export a kext for now and use it till i get a usb 3 device then export a new one, or should i use GenericUSBXHCI again till i get a usb 3 device?
no, get a usb3.0 device and setup properly

well, to be honest it is up to you but i know what i would do and that is to get a usb3.0 device and do the job properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back