Contribute
Register

Cloned NVME drive not listed in Clover (10.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am migrating my data from a working Hackintosh 10.13 SSD over to my new 960 Pro. When I disconnect the old ssd, I can boot clover from the 960's EFI, but the Macintosh HD is not showing up in the clover boot options. I have been researching this for the past couple days and it seems there are so many different posts with so many different solutions.

I am on 10.13.3 and even though everyone says NVMe should be natively supported, it is not working for me. I have IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E and in Other.

I know that there's someone on here that could help send me in the right direction, as I have had much success fixing issues by using this forum! Appreciate it, everyone.

I uploaded my EFI too in case you want to see my kextstopatch.

Am I missing any .efi in my drivers64UEFI folder?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 157
It’s probably an APFS partition, so you need to put apfs.efi in your cover 64uefidrvers folder
The drive is not APFS. It is Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

isaiah3467, you can follow my guide here on the setup > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sung-1tb-960-evo-nvme-nvidia-gtx-1050.249402/

You need to install the NVMeExpress driver in Clover plus any references to the NVMe kexts such as HackrNVMeFamily. If you use Nvidia you'll also need the EmuVariableUEFI-64 driver plus enable the NVRAM emulation to write to disk (select EFI partition). Also during the install make sure your SATA hard drive is placed onto the 2nd logical SATA port (not the 1st one) in order for the NVMe to be seen by the OS or installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back