Contribute
Register

ASUS x202e Vivobook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here's my IOReg and this is what i get (my passport is the name of the external hard drive i'm using)

HD4000 kext for acceleration is not loading. Are the kexts you have for HD4000 vanilla?

Also, power management is not implemented correctly. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

Something is also strange about your boot-log. It is getting truncated for some reason. And why are you booting without caches? Try repair permissions & rebuild cache and try to boot with caches.

Also, you're loading a bunch of kexts from /Extra/Extensions (on a different partition than your main partition).

I think you have some cleanup to do...

you think i should just reinstall Mavericks? It'd be easier in imo,or do you think i should just work off of this

you think i should just reinstall Mavericks? It'd be easier in imo,or do you think i should just work off of this

If you don't know why you have the problems I mention and aren't sure what do about them, a fresh install is probably a good way to begin.

Before I resume back with the hackintosh part of this, can I just ask how to get Windows Boot Manager back? It has disappeared entirely from my BIOS and when i boot without the USB, I get greeted just with the BIOS screen :< Please help?

Before I resume back with the hackintosh part of this, can I just ask how to get Windows Boot Manager back? It has disappeared entirely from my BIOS and when i boot without the USB, I get greeted just with the BIOS screen :< Please help?

Without knowing how Windows was installed in the first place (legacy or UEFI), what version, etc.... difficult to say.

But you can use your Windows installer media and/or Windows recovery media to repair the Windows bootloader.

Well, it only started to occur after I mounted the EFI partition or something similar of the sort, is there any way to undo it? I'm gonna attempt to undo this and see if my windows boot manager comes back... I don't see a way to change it on my bios like other computers do, so I SUPPOSE, that its UEFI... and it came with Windows 8 out of the box. I've seen other successful hackintoshes that boot from a USB, and i have no problem booting off of a USB, so if thats what that attempted to do, i don't really need that. Either way, it didn't work, so I guess it was only a negative effect on my laptop. :( I just want to get windows back so I can try to get back to hackintoshing this thing, dual booted.

Well, it only started to occur after I mounted the EFI partition or something similar of the sort, is there any way to undo it?

Mounting a partition will have no effect on the files there. No idea if you don't know exactly what you did...

I'm gonna attempt to undo this and see if my windows boot manager comes back... I don't see a way to change it on my bios like other computers do, so I SUPPOSE, that its UEFI... and it came with Windows 8 out of the box.

It probably is UEFI, especially if you had a pre-existing EFI partition...

I've seen other successful hackintoshes that boot from a USB, and i have no problem booting off of a USB, so if thats what that attempted to do, i don't really need that. Either way, it didn't work, so I guess it was only a negative effect on my laptop. :( I just want to get windows back so I can try to get back to hackintoshing this thing, dual booted.

Why bother getting the Windows bootloader back if you're still trying to install OS X and presumably Clover... which can boot your Windows install just fine (assuming all the files are still in EFI/Microsoft/Boot)?

Alright, so You think If I just try to install Clover, an all in one bootloader, i should be able to load Windows back up alongside OS X? :> Anywhere to find instructions for Clover? I used Unibeast

Alright, so You think If I just try to install Clover, an all in one bootloader, i should be able to load Windows back up alongside OS X? :> Anywhere to find instructions for Clover? I used Unibeast

Some of the files here will be useful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Be sure to filter appropriately as some of the files are specific to the HP Probook (HPFanReset.efi, for example) and should not be used. But the contents of the various config.plist and the general way to create the USB should be useful.

Hey, so umm... sorry i never responded but i got a little caught up in life and stuff, but im back trying to get my hackintosh back up now, so i need help... I figured out that for some odd reason, any battery kext such as voodoo battery of appleacpibatterymanager give me errors like not being able to use facetime or mac app store or being able to put my laptop to sleep, any way to fix or find a substitute? BTW on a side note, FakeSMC plugins from multibeast seem to keep causing kernel panic for me, help on that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back