Contribute
Register

ASUS x202e Vivobook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i'm a newbie to Hackintosh-ing so please don't be surprised if i don't know most of these terms or how these Mac processes work

oh, because i have my Mavericks installed on disk0s7. BTW i have my windows 8.1 on disk0s1

Windows can't be at disk0s1 because that's where the EFI partition is. Use 'diskutil list' so you know what partitions are used for which system.

Yep, you were right, but for some reason for the step before th last on which is reboot, i typed in rm -R /boot /Extra And it said no such file i think, would that affect it?

Yep, you were right, but for some reason for the step before th last on which is reboot, i typed in rm -R /boot /Extra And it said no such file i think, would that affect it?

That just means you didn't have those files/directories. Since you're removing them, doesn't matter...

Aghhhhhh, well i succesfully don't need my USB/External hard drive to boot into Mavericks anymore but now I no longer see my option to boot into Windows 8 D: I still need Windows 8.1, help, and btw it still is flickering when i don't boot into safe mode...

By this i meant i could no longer see Windows boot manager in bios, i tried to boot into windows using the OS button from the boot menu, and it gave me an error

By this i meant i could no longer see Windows boot manager in bios, i tried to boot into windows using the OS button from the boot menu, and it gave me an error

How is your Windows installed? UEFI or legacy? I'm assuming it is UEFI, which means if you want to boot it and OS X from an all-in-one bootloader/manager, you need to use Clover. You should be able to boot using your BIOS hotkey and selecting to boot UEFI mode to your HDD.

- - - Updated - - -

... and btw it still is flickering when i don't boot into safe mode...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Tried the boot menu hotkey, I can't boot without my USB (external hard drive) now, however i can run it and eject my external, and i can't see windows boot manager, so what next? I will post IOReg of the flickers and such in a moment...

Tried the boot menu hotkey, I can't boot without my USB (external hard drive) now, however i can run it and eject my external, and i can't see windows boot manager, so what next? I will post IOReg of the flickers and such in a moment...

When you used the BIOS hotkey for boot selection, what did you see for options?

Alright, here's my IOReg and this is what i get (my passport is the name of the external hard drive i'm using)

Attachments

• Fabian’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back