Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Yeah... that is my first, uppermost PEG and listed in the manual as primary..

@dragonmel,

Understood ....

what is nuts is the PCIE sata card (new one) is working... when I ssh in .. the raid is loaded up, the system is running, just the gpu is crashing

I don't think your alone with that issue ... pretty certain I recently read a very similar issue (installing RAID card stopped GPU from working) elsewhere on the forums ... not sure if he ever found a solution ...

I am really leaning on clover jacking with the UEFI boot list on this intel board.. and apparently intel has no tools, menus or any other way to see, or remove whatever is in that UEFI boot menu.. according to some windows forums . if that UEFI boot gets broken... the board is pseudo bricked.. and you have to F10 for the rest of your life

It's quite possible .... there are many reports of people using Clover on genuine old Mac Pros where it has resulted in bricking the EFI or the SMC .. in many cases the only fix is to purchase a new EFI ROM or SMC.

Pretty sure Intel went its own way with those early boards so maybe they are susceptible ?

Cheers
Jay

@dragonmel,

Understood ....

I don't think your alone with that issue ... pretty certain I recently read a very similar issue (installing RAID card stopped GPU from working) elsewhere on the forums ... not sure if he ever found a solution ...

It's quite possible .... there are many reports of people using Clover on genuine old Mac Pros where it has resulted in bricking the EFI or the SMC .. in many cases the only fix is to purchase a new EFI ROM or SMC.

Pretty sure Intel went its own way with those early boards so maybe they are susceptible ?

Cheers
Jay

I may try and clear nvram as much as possible .. then re-install the rcvarialbles.efi driver and rc.scripts..

if his documentation is even remotely correct, if it detects the nvram file then it should not attempt to read the nvram

I had heard at one point in time the DX58so was a apple approved dev board when they were designing the Mac Pro 4 possibly 5

so with the latest clover now adding the ability to read/write to nvram.. perhaps it permitted some bad stuff to slip by..

pissing me off

I have an i9-9900K, Aorus Pro, Vega 56, iMac 19,1, Mojave latest, Lilu 1.3.8, WEG 1.3.2. I like to use the IGPU in headless mode, but I get no output from Hackintool (2.8.0). Just empty Devices and Properties.

I set:
Intel Generation -> Coffee Lake
Platform ID -> 0x3E980003
Patch, General -> Devices
Patch, General -> Graphic Device
Patch, Advanced -> Spoof Video Device ID 0x3E98

When I click on patch, all I get is:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

It doesn't even matter if I change any graphics setting, it's always empty. I can get an output if I configure anything about audio, but nothing for graphics.

The Info tab is also pretty empty:

Model: iMac 19,1
Intel Generation: ???
Platform ID: 0x00000000
Device ID: 0x00000000
GPU Name: ???

What am I doing wrong? iGPU is active in BIOS, dGPU is primary. Everything is working fine except for headless iGPU.

EDIT:

Solved it.

The issue was an entry in Clover Config -> Devices -> Fake ID -> IntelGFX. Removed it and Hackintool is working as intended.

Seems the "Device" entry is not even needed anymore (at least not in my case). Just clicked the "+" at Devices -> Properties -> Devices, selected secondaryGPU from the drop down menu in Clover and entered "AAPL,ig-platform-id" -> "3E980003". That was all. Works - so far ;)

Last edited:
I have an i9-9900K, Aorus Pro, Vega 56, iMac 19,1, Mojave latest, Lilu 1.3.8, WEG 1.3.2. I like to use the IGPU in headless mode, but I get no output from Hackintool (2.8.0). Just empty Devices and Properties.:

Solved it ... The issue was an entry in Clover Config -> Devices -> Fake ID -> IntelGFX. Removed it and Hackintool is working as intended.

@CitizenK,

The guide does state that you must remove all Clover IGPU options and settings otherwise it can cause Conflicts with Lilu and WhatEverGreen :-

Lilu + Plugin's Guide - Introduction said:
Important Note: Lilu plug-in's are fully self contained solutions and will (in most cases) replace all legacy Clover patches and Injection/Enabler kext's for a plug-in's given purpose, as such you should remove any existing Clover settings, FakeID's, patches ..etc and any alternate kext's that have been already installed for a plug-in's purpose ...

Lilu + Plugin's Guide - Chapter4 WahteverGreen said:
Important: All other Clover options for IGPU enabling and spoofing (FakeID's) should be left blank/empty in the "Devices" section of your config.plist file.

Seems the "Device" entry is not even needed anymore (at least not in my case). Just clicked the "+" at Devices -> Properties -> Devices, selected secondaryGPU from the drop down menu in Clover and entered "AAPL,ig-platform-id" -> "3E980003".

The "Device" property is only really needed when you need to spoof an unsupported IGPU, for example If you have a UHD 620 IGPU ... as there are no native PlatformID's for that IGPU we would Spoof it as a UHD 630 IGPU.

In your case 9th Gen UHD 630 is natively supported so there is no need to spoof it, although in most cases it does no harm to define it .... I should probably make that a bit clearer in the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Edit: I have updated the guide to better clarify the use of the "Device" property to spoof the IGPU type.

Last edited:
Hi jaymonkey
I used Motherboard asus b85 pro game + 10.13.6 + i5 4590 (IGPU = HD4600) + GIgabyte gtx660. I tried to use Platform ID 0x0412000B and 0x04120004, and modified SMBOIS to iMac 14.x and iMac 15.1, but they were unsuccessful (VDA decode fail). One thing I care about is that under the combination of 0x0412000B + iMac15.1, dGPU has no output signal, it's a success omen? How to solve this problem?

Note: I tried to uninstall the dGPU, just use iGPU, and then set the Platform ID to 0x0D220003, it's work well (VDA decode success!)

Note: I tried to uninstall the dGPU, just use iGPU, and then set the Platform ID to 0x0D220003, it's work well (VDA decode success!)

@aeeq,

Yes HD 4600 can be problematic as detailed in the specific note in the guide :-

Lilu + Plug-in Guide said:
Special note on HD 4600: If you have a Haswell CPU with a HD 4600 IGPU and no dGPU (IE: solo IGPU system) then one would assume that you would use the Intel HD 4600 PlatformID of 0x04160000 ..... After some trail and error I found that the PlatformID of 0x0D220003 (Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200) and SMBIOS iMac 14,2 works very well for solo HD 4600 IGPU systems...

Glad you got it working ....

Cheers
Jay

guys, I'm trying to activate audio in my notebook. it has IDT 92HD99BXX chip. Tried with the clover injection, no result. Tried with Hackintool but in the audio section I don't have any device and I can't follow this guide. In the PCI section I have an audio device. Maybe I miss something?

guys, I'm trying to activate audio in my notebook. it has IDT 92HD99BXX chip. Tried with the clover injection, no result. Tried with Hackintool but in the audio section I don't have any device and I can't follow this guide. In the PCI section I have an audio device. Maybe I miss something?

@Sbrillo,

Did you install Lilu + AppleALC correctly ?

AppleALC does include support for the IDT92HD99BXX codec :-

However there is currently only one layout for it, layout-id = 3

If you have installed Lilu + AppleALC correctly and have configured it for Layout id 3 then it's possible that the layout is not compatible with your system ...

You could try asking one of the AppleALC support guys to take a look at a codec dump from your machine and if necessary create a new layout for your codec config by posting on the official AppleALC support thread :-

Cheers
Jay

Hi, jay. I encountered another weird problem.
I configure AppleALC using your manner, and it works nice for several days.
But today, i boot my laptop and listen some songs using headphones for few minutes, and then the volume of audio is reduced and rarely has human voice.Nevertheless, when i open the preferences of audio, it turns work correctly, but after closing the preferences windows, it is reduced volume and rarely has vocal.

By the way, i have not change configuration of clover before encounter this strange issue.

@jaymonkey
thank you jay for your answer.
well, I installed appleALC and Lilu on /L/E with kextbeast and modified config.plist on EFI partition: Under Device/Audio, I modified inject = 3 and on clover configurator check resetHDA and AFGlowPowerState. Still no audio. I verified with kexstat and Lilu and AppleALC are loaded.

Last edited:
Back