Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Made the changes above mentioned in Clover Configurator saved config.plist booted in Verbose mode but there seems to be KP.

ms.reddy41562,

Hummm adding those audio parameters should not cause a KP ....

The gIOScreenLockState 3 error is usually because the IGPU framebuffer is not configured or patched correctly.

If you made a copy of your last working config.plist in /EFI/Clover then you can boot from it by going to the "Options" option in Clover (the cog Icon) then select "Configs" and then select the backup config file.

If you don't have a backup in /EFI/Clover then you'll have to boot from your USB Installer or you could try removing the Intel injection and platfromid using the "Options" menu in Clover.

You need to work on/Clean-up the IGPU configuration, by the looks of your config file it looks like your injecting Intel and a platform-id ... but your kextcache log shows that you are also using lilu + WhatEverGreen .. the guide states that this can cause a conflict use one method or the other not both.

Recommend that you work on getting the IGPU working correctly with Lilu + WhatEverGreen (using PlatformID 0x0D220003) first then move on to Audio as Lilu + WhatEverGreen + AppleALC all have to work together correctly, Injecting Intel and setting a platformID in the config.plist is know to cause issues that's why it highlighted as an Important step to remove all injections .. etc in the guide :-

The Lilu Guide said:
Important Note: Lilu plug-in's are fully self contained solutions and will (in most cases) replace all legacy Clover patches and Injection/Enabler kext's for a plug-in's given purpose, as such you should remove any existing Clover patches and kext's that have been already installed for a plug-in's purpose ... for example when installing AppleALC you should remove (or disable) all Clover AppleHDA patches and uninstall any HDA Enabler, patching or dummy kext's. Failure to remove associated patches and kext's can result in unpredictable and often unstable results.

The Lilu Guide said:
Important: All other Clover options for IGPU enabling and spoofing should be left blank/empty in the "Devices" section of your config.plist

Important: Remove all options in the "Graphics" section of your config.plist such as Inject Intel, ig-platform-id ... etc

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@jaymonkey

Thanks for the support

Since i am unable to boot reinstalling Mojave.

Will follow WEG guide for graphics and update you once done.

Without Inject intel and IG-platform-id there was no Hardware acceleration. Henceforth injected those stuff.

With fresh installation on any advise for Graphics settings.
Highly appreciate your patience. Thank you

Thanks
ms.reddy

@jaymonkey

Can i get Hardware Acceleration by placing latest WEG and Lilu in L/E and /Others folder without injecting ig-platform-id.

Thanks,
ms.reddy

Can i get Hardware Acceleration by placing latest WEG and Lilu in L/E and /Others folder without injecting ig-platform-id.

@ms.reddy41562,

Yes ... the latest versions of Lilu + WhatEverGreen dose a much better job of auto configuring the IGPU (no device properties in config.plist). However the HD4600 AZUL framebuffer has always been temperamental so you may need to use hackintool tool generate custom device properties (using PlatformID 0x0D220003) as detailed in the Special note for HD 4600 in the guide.

I recommend downloading and installing the kexts as detailed in the guide, do not use Multibeast ...

Solve all IGPU issues first before moving on to Audio.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Attached PR files.

1. No audio through Front and rear output jacks.
2. Monitor connected Display port to HDMI cable, sound works through monitor audio output jack but volume controls on finder menu are greyed out.

Please help!!!

thanks,
ms.reddy

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.36.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.36.11 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.38.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.38.03 PM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.41.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 6.41.47 PM.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 51
1. No audio through Front and rear output jacks.
2. Monitor connected Display port to HDMI cable, sound works through monitor audio output jack but volume controls on finder menu are greyed out.

@ms.reddy41562,

By default, MacOS can not control HDMI or DP audio volume, its a well known limitation, there are a few work-arounds using some 3rd party software. If you Google for "enable HDMI volume control on MacOS" you should get a few hits, however using 3rd party audio plugins in Hackintosh systems does not always work, as we have to patch the Audio system so I tend not to recommend it if at all possible.

I use the built-in speakers on my LG Monitor via DP and I just use the volume control on my monitor.

With regards to the ALC 221 codec...

I think it clear that the HDEF code in your DSDT may need some extra work in order for AppleALC to use it, we could patch the DSDT with some MacOS specific properties, however before we try that there may be a simpler way.

We have already established that the HP 800 G1 uses the ALC 221 codec, which is the same as the HP 6300 Pro / 8300 Elite Desktop PC's so we may be able to use the SSDT method @trs96 posted for enabling the ALC221 codec on those models with some minor changes ...

First I need to know the PCI path to the HDEF device on your PC ..
  1. Please download and extract the attached file (gfxutil.zip)
  2. Run GFXUtil by double clicking on it in finder (select "Open" in the pop-up message)
  3. Copy and paste the output into a new post below (if possible embed as CODE).
Can you also attach your current config.plist form /EFI/Clover, I cant use the one in the archive above as it has some elements removed.

Once I have the info and your current config.plist i can make some changes for you to try ...

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• gfxutil.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
@jaymonkey

Attached Confg.plist and Output from gfxutil.

below is the output from gfxutil.

PCI0.pci8086,c00 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
PCI0.IGPU = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
PCI0.XHC = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)
PCI0.IMEI = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x0)
PCI0.HDAU = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)
PCI0.pci8086,8c3d = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x3)
PCI0.SBUS = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)
PCI0.GLAN = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x19,0x0)
PCI0.EH02 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)
PCI0.HDEF = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)
PCI0.EH01 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)
PCI0.LPCB = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x0)
PCI0.SAT0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x2)
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

thanks,
ms.reddy41562

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 78
  • gfxutilOutput.txt
    634 bytes · Views: 46
@jaymonkey ... Attached Confg.plist and Output from gfxutil ... ms.reddy41562

@ms.reddy41562,

Thanks for posting those files, from the output of GFXUTIL we now know that the HDEF device is at the following path :-

Code:
PCI0.HDEF = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

We can now use this info to inject some device properties via your config.plist.

Please do the following :-

1. Download and extract the attached zip file

Note: The config.plist you attached in the above post does not have a valid MacOS Serial Number or SmUUID... where you aware of this ? ...If yes and those items where deliberately zero'ed out then you will have to edit the config.plist from the zip file you downloaded in Step 1. and re-enter S/N + SmUUID. If not then you really need to sort it ASAP.

2. Mount your EFI folder
3. Rename /EFI/Clover/config.plist to /EFI/Clover/config-last.plist
4. Copy the new config.plist (with corrected S/N + SmUUID) from the extracted zip file to /EFI/Clover/
5. Copy SSDT-ALC221.aml from the extracted zip file to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
6. Install CodecCommander.kext from the extracted zip file to /L/E using Hackintool or other kext installer.
7. Ensure you have the latest versions of Lilu + AppleALC installed in /L/E (maybe also WhatEverGreen ?)

Summary of Changes :-

1. We use Clover to inject some Device Properties against the HDEF PCI device at address PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0).
2. We use CodecCommander to write HDA commands and node/verb data to the codec on system boot/sleep/wake.
3. The custom commands used by CodecCommander are defined in the SSDT-ALC221.aml file.

This is a slight modification of the methods used by @trs96 in his HP 6300 / 8300 guide, those HP desktop models use the same ALC221 codec as your HP-800-G1 so this has a good chance of working.

If for some reason the new config.plist does not allow you to boot MacOS, you can fallback to using your old config.plist by selecting "Options" while at the clover menu, then select "Configs" and then select "config-last", return to the main menu and boot MacOS as normal.

Hope it works for you ....
Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• HP800-G1-ALC221.zip
    38.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
@jaymonkey

Followed the instruction but failed, booted in verbose mode it took 5 to 10 min to boot, only the mouse cursor visible in black screen.
Kextd stall four times.
gioscreenlock time out four times before it booted into black screen.
Attached verbose mode boot screen.
Monitor is connected with the cable DP to HDMI would that be a problem.

Any advice!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190829_185420.jpg
    IMG_20190829_185420.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 43
Back