Contribute
Register

An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins

Wooow....It's fixed!, It's embarrassing to say for how long I've been looking to solve this issue

@drizzle,

Glad your up and running ... FYI the solution was detailed in the Lilu + WhatEverGreen guide in post #1 :-

Quote from Chapter 4 :-

Black Screen after booting MacOS or some display connectors not working ?

For most users the Device Properties generated by Hackintool should be enough for WhatEverGreen to correctly configure your IGPU, however on some systems it may be necessary to further modify the framebuffer defaults in oder to get all of the IGPU ports/connectors working correctly. For example you may need change a IGPU port connector from DVI to Display Port or Display Port to HDMI, you can use Hackintool to modify these more advanced settings and then generate updated patch code to add as additional Device Properties to your config.plist.

I wont cover these more advanced settings in this guide as they are already covered in CaseySJ's excellent guide which covers the topic in more detail :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi @jaymonkey ,
Maybe this is already a known issue : adding the shikivga=1 boot arg option to my headless config desktop breaks the VDA Decoder (whereas it is ok when not added)
Here is the Hackintool output for that case

Attachments

• debug_8534.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • info.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Maybe this is already a known issue : adding the shikivga=1 boot arg option to my headless config desktop breaks the VDA Decoder (whereas it is ok when not added)

@favoriti,

My understanding is that the "Shiki" module in WhatEverGreen will attempt to auto configure itself to your hardware config without the need to manually configure a value for the "shikivga=" boot argument.

On all my Hacks I just let WhatEverGreen do it's thing and I have no DRM issues. I do not use "shikivga=" on any of them.

You only need to manually define "shikivga=XX" as a boot argument if want to over ride the default/automatic value in the event that it does not work.

Cheers
Jay

I just let WhatEverGreen do it's thing and I have no DRM issues
I have added the option because without that i was not able to read a movie i rented on iTunes some months ago -
maybe the latests WEG versions has made some kind of improvements for auto configuration
Many thanks for your guide !

@jaymonkey

Unable to enable AppleALC sound on my Hack HP800 G1 running macOS Mojave, tried troubleshooting described steps in the guide but still no success attached screen grab of output.

Please help me!!!

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 7.04.15 PM.png

Unable to enable AppleALC sound on my Hack HP800 G1 running macOS Mojave, tried troubleshooting described steps in the guide but still no success attached screen grab of output.

@ms.reddy41562,

Screen shots are useless for debugging purposes ...
Please provide Proper Problem Reporting Files (PPRF's)

First make sure you have the correct version of IORegistryExplorer installed (v2.1)
Which you can install from this post :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Download and unzip the archive and copy/move in to Applications folder

Next reboot,

At the Clover Menu Press F2 to dump the pre-boot log file (nothing will happen on screen)
Wait a few seconds and then press the F4 key to dump the ACPI tables (nothing will happen on screen)
Wait a few more seconds and then boot MacOS.

Now use the tool in this post to generate Proper Problem Reporting Files (PPRF's) :-

[https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Attach zipped debug files to a new post.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Attached Problem reporting output files.

Thanks,
ms.reddy

Attachments

• 7208.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Attached Problem reporting output files.

@ms.reddy41562.

Many thanks for the debug files.

AppleHDA and AppleALC kexts are loading (as can be seen by layout-id = 7 in IOREG)
However you are not setting layout id in your config.plist so alc-layout-id is missing from IOREG.
According to the HP Specification Document :-

HP800-G1 has Realtek 2-channel ALC221 codec
Valid Layout's in AppleALC for ALC221 codec are listed here :-

If you look at that page you will see that there is a specific layout for HP800-G1 (LayoutID = 15)
Try injecting Layout 15 and enable the following options in your config.plist :-

Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>15</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

If you prefer to use Clover configurator then it would be :-

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 16.31.13.png

Make those changes, save the config.plist and reboot.

Check IOREG, HDEF should now have the alc-layout-id property with a value of 15 (0x0E)
If true then check in System Preferences -> Sound for correct input and output sound devices.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@ms.reddy41562.

Many thanks for the debug files.

AppleHDA and AppleALC kexts are loading (as can be seen by layout-id = 7 in IOREG)
However you are not setting layout id in your config.plist so alc-layout-id is missing from IOREG.
According to the HP Specification Document :-

HP800-G1 has Realtek 2-channel ALC221 codec
Valid Layout's in AppleALC for ALC221 codec are listed here :-

If you look at that page you will see that there is a specific layout for HP800-G1 (LayoutID = 15)
Try injecting Layout 15 and enable the following options in your config.plist :-

Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>15</string>
            <key>ResetHDA</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

If you prefer to use Clover configurator then it would be :-

View attachment 422558

Make those changes, save the config.plist and reboot.

Check IOREG, HDEF should now have the alc-layout-id property with a value of 15 (0x0E)
If true then check in System Preferences -> Sound for correct input and output sound devices.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Made the changes above mentioned in Clover Configurator saved config.plist booted in Verbose mode but there seems to be KP.

Attached boot hang state photo, now only mouse pointer is visible in black screen.

Thanks,
ms.reddy

Attachments

• IMG_20190821_214549.jpg
    IMG_20190821_214549.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
Back