CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Sorry, Please do me a favor, can you show me the way of "use an framebuffer from an old version of MacOS"?
@chickyd3v,

It maybe possible to patch the existing frame buffer to work with VGA but its something I've never done so I cant really advise you on what to do ... you could try posting on this thread :-

Explains that you know that MacOS no longer officially supports VGA but can any one help with patching your framebuffer to work with VGA using a non-standard method ...its possible that some one has figured out a way.

If you have no luck with that then the only other method would be to use the framebuffer kexts from an old version of MacOS, again its not something I've ever done but I believe that you would have to install an old version of MacOS that still supported VGA ... (I think OSX Mavericks might have still had support for VGA) once installed and working you would then have to copy the required framebuffer kexts and install them on your target version of MacOS. You would probably have to patch the MacOS version of those kexts too ... like i said before its not a method we recommend as every time you update MacOS they would be deleted so you would have to reinstall them.

My advice would be to install a cheap dGPU if possible and drive your VGA monitor from that using an active adapter.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi,I installed AppleALC, Lilu at /L/E and reboot
But in the audio tab of hackintool there is no my audio device ( my audio device is ALC255)Help me

@ndhhien27,

As detailed in the AppleALC section of the guide .... did you check your ioreg for the HDEF device, if it is not there then check you native DSDT and find out the default ACPI name of the HDA device, then try applying the appropriate Clover ACPI rename fix.

All is explained in the ACPI HDA/Codec Rename Issues section which is towards the bottom of the AppleALC chapter.

If you require assistance please supply Proper Problem Reporting Files (PPRF's) using the tool detailed in this guide :-

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
The headless config.plist patch created by Hackintool for my system (i4790k/HD4600) names my GPU "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen. . ." Hackintool settings: Haswell 0x04120004 with patch options "DeviceProperties/Graphics Device" and "Spoof Video Device ID: 0x0412: Intel HD Graphics 4600." Why doesn't the patch name the GPU "Intel HD Graphics 4600?" It's working, just curious about the naming. Thanks - nice guide!

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The headless config.plist patch created by Hackintool for my system (i4790k/HD4600) names my GPU "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen. . ." Hackintool settings: Haswell 0x04120004 with patch options "DeviceProperties/Graphics Device" and "Spoof Video Device ID: 0x0412: Intel HD Graphics 4600." Why doesn't the patch name the GPU "Intel HD Graphics 4600?"

@rj985,

Like the PCI device descriptions, the IGPU model name comes from an online device database, with CPU's & IGPU's these tend to be the name of the intel architecture of that generation rather than a specific IGPU Type.

You can change the model name to whatever you like by editing the string value of "model"

For example :-

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>HD Graphics 4600</string>

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Spectre X360(2015)
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500,1920x1080
Hi,
Thank you for this incredibly useful guide. I've installed Lilu and AppleALC kexts to L/E(repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache). I've tried both the methods for AppleALC and neither have worked.

My audio devices tab under Hackingtool is completely empty as shown below:
Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 9.59.42 PM.png

A search for HDEF turns up empty in IORegisteryExplorer as expected. Here is how that looks:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 10.01.04 PM.png

But the funny thing is that I can find HDEF in MaciASL( can't find HDAS or AZAL). Here is a screenshot of that:
Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 10.01.38 PM.png

I've also generated a debug report and attached that below.

I can get the sound to work only via bluetooth earphones currently.

Here are my laptop specs in case you need them as well. I'm currently dual booting with Windows 10:

HP Spectre X360(2015)
Intel Core i7 5500u + Intel HD Graphics 5500
I think my soundcard is Realtek ALC 286(not sure though).

Please let me know if you need anything else as I'm very new here and this is my first hackintosh.Thanks in advance!

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I've installed Lilu and AppleALC kexts to L/E(repaired permissions and rebuilt kext cache). I've tried both the methods for AppleALC and neither have worked.

@balag59,

I think the issue lies in your DSDT ... you have references to all of the following

HDEF, HDAU, B0D3

Which I think is unusual ...

I cant open your ioreg file ... which is probably down to the wrong version being installed.
Please use Version 2.1 from this post :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Spectre X360(2015)
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500,1920x1080
@balag59,

I think the issue lies in your DSDT ...

You have all three of the following devices

HDEF, HDAU, B0D3

Which is a bit unusual as normally there is only two of these three devices defined

In your config.plist your renaming BD03 to HDAU which is causing a conflict as you will now have two HDAU devices defined in your DSDT ....

To begin with i would try disabling the B0D3 -> HDAU Rename Fix/Patch and see what that does ...

I cant open your ioreg file ... which is probably down to the wrong version being installed.
Please use Version 2.1 from this post :-

Cheers
Jay
Thank you for the guidance! Unfortunately, disabling that renaming patch didn't change anything. Here is the updated copy of my debug report and a copy of my IOReg file that was generated using Version 2.1. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you for the guidance! Unfortunately, disabling that renaming patch didn't change anything. Here is the updated copy of my debug report and a copy of my IOReg file that was generated using Version 2.1. Please let me know if you need anything else.

@balag59,

Thanks for the updated files ... I still think the issue lies in your DSDT ...

There are existing references to HDAU already in the DSDT but there is no device method for it ?? so it's possible that it may be in a SSDT ... so the BD03 rename to HDAU will cause a conflict ... at least i think it may ...

I'll have a think and a closer look at you SSDT tables and get back to you if i have any ideas ..

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@balag59,

I've looked through your DSDT and SSDT's ...

The ACPi device descriptor code for HDEF seems incomplete as does the code for BD03, for instance there are no _INI methods ... and i don't understand why there are references to HDAU when there are no associated methods/devices.

It's a strange one for sure ....

I don't have any experience with Broadwell based systems and it looks like things are done a bit differently.

I think as it stands your DSDT is going to need to be patched with additional code using some SSDT hot patches, however I'm no expert on ACPI code writing so this needs to be passed up the chain, the man for the job here would be @RehabMan but he is taking a break from the forums for a while.

There are some good coders on the official AppleALC support thread, so if i was you thats where i would go for advice.

Post that you trying to use AppleALC on your Broadwell based laptop but you think that your DSDT needs some patching in order for it to work, attach your debug zip file from post #428.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Cheers
Jay