Motherboard
Asus B150i Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks P1LGRIM on this simple guide..another successful user..tried with iMac 17,1 but got problem signing with iCloud and app store..changed to 14,2 and worked flawlessly..thanks again for your handwork preparing this guide..awesome

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks P1LGRIM on this simple guide..another successful user..tried with iMac 17,1 but got problem signing with iCloud and app store..changed to 14,2 and worked flawlessly..thanks again for your handwork preparing this guide..awesome
You're welcome - Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Motherboard
4430s
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd 300
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Didn't work on mine :(
Though I managed to pass the initial sign in in the messenger , when I Tried to compose a message , It asked me to log in again and then it said "Error occurred Authentication "
Tried the Whole method twice without the internet on .
Running on a Hp prebook on an i5 Sandy Bridge , hence choosing the Macbook Pro (8,1) in the configurator .

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
CPU
Intel 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 & GT 710
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
P1LGRIM, another question for you! How would I need to backup to ensure this fix still works on a fresh installation? I'm going to have a play with Sierra on another SSD :)

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
P1LGRIM, another question for you! How would I need to backup to ensure this fix still works on a fresh installation? I'm going to have a play with Sierra on another SSD :)
Save a copy of your config.plist.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel i7-4790 3.6GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
Didnt work for me either :( Did everything step by step but same error as
abhinavg

Motherboard
Z170x Gigabyte Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
MacBook Pro
P1LGRIM Sweet! You the man/woman! :)

One of the easier to follow guides on the Site. Excellent. Worked with my Rig in Signature.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151 [BX80662
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX Graphics Cards GV-N950XTREME-2GD
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
If you see the message "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" and the Serial Number has passed verification at everymac.com then it is OK to use this Serial Number for your config.plist.

This is so important that it is worth repeating :
You need a Serial Number that everymac.com confirms is in the correct format and that Apple says is not valid.
It does not mean that it is not a valid Serial Number - It means that it is not already registered.
This advice conflicts with the advice given by jaymonkey in "How to fix imessage" in Chapter 4.1:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP4.1

Make sure your OSX S/N is valid but not registered ...

I recommend that you check any existing or newly generated OSX S/N using Apple's Self Solve website which can be accessed at the following URL:-

https://selfsolve.apple.com

Simply copy and paste your OSX S/N into the form and click on continue, if your S/N passes the validation checks and is not registered then site will return with the following message:-

We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again

This is good and is the only message you really want to see ..... it means your OSX S/N does not match an existing Mac's S/N but it does pass all of Apples S/N validation checks, this is also useful when calling Apple support as the S/N will appear valid but will not show up on their systems .. in-most cases making them think the issue is with their registration database and not your OSX S/N.

Finally, if you get the message :-

We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again

Then the S/N is either black-listed or failing the OSX S/N validation checks, do not use it - generate new S/N and try again.
While Jaymonkey's URL no longer works, it seems to be the same page -- to check if support exists for the serial number. Which advice is the better advice to follow?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Which advice is the better advice to follow?
You are free to choose whichever guide you like.
Jay's guide is quite old now and has not been maintained for a while.
Some things have changed since it was written but it remains the most comprehensive on the subject.
On the other hand this guide is still receiving positive results.