Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 - Disappointing performance (10.12.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
... misunderstanding, sorry.

U have 2 write in Yo valid ROM and SmUUID of Yo system (!)

Here the files 2 compare
I hope, it can help U.

Send me a feedback, please.

Hi, I tried Your config and the performance went down again.

Actually I found a way to use all the power connectors plugged-in and the GPU is working fine.

I found another thing - at the clover boot screen, when I go to options / Graphics, the GPU is shown as a RX 480 ...
So my question is if You are using any device ID for Your GPU?

Where do I find the proper "ROM and SmUUID" of my system?
Use iMessageDebug app to get ROM and SmUUID of Yo system.

ROM+SmUUID.png

Attachments

• iMessageDebug.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi, I tried Your config and the performance went down again.
What it means ?
Actually I found a way to use all the power connectors plugged-in and the GPU is working fine.
Great !!!
I found another thing - at the clover boot screen, when I go to options / Graphics, the GPU is shown as a RX 480 ...
It also looks like this in my clover.
So my question is if You are using any device ID for Your GPU?
Out of "RadeonDeInit" I don't use any graphics clover settings.

Last edited:
This is because Clover hardcodes GPU device IDs, 480 and 580 have the same device because 580 is just a re-branded 480 with higher clock speeds.

What was your solution?

Also for iMessage, You do not need ROM or SmUUID anymore, Clover Configurator can automatically calculate this, all you need to do is what is in the pic below and have working nvram, wither by native nvram (which most newer firmware does not have) or by using EmuVariable.efi in EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI:
PBY6KUb.png

Last edited:
This is because Clover hardcodes GPU device IDs, 480 and 580 have the same device because 580 is just a re-branded 480 with higher clock speeds.

What was your solution?

Also for iMessage, You do not need ROM or SmUUID anymore, Clover Configurator can automatically calculate this, all you need to do is what is in the pic below and have working nvram, wither by native nvram (which most newer firmware does not have) or by using EmuVariable.efi in EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI:
PBY6KUb.png
Thanks for this information! Actually I tried adding an SmUUID and I got the system crashing with Final Cut Pro every minute, so I deleted it again.

By the way ... I got a new kind of strange behaviour. Sometimes after booting the mouse cursor is somehow stuttering or skipping ... and the whole systems runs like this. And after reboot it is ok. I can't tell what it could be. Does anyone have similar experiences?

any help for me to help me fix my rx 580 that not even boot?

can anyone help me with this card?
after I installed it, (though all is working smoothly) adobe premiere pro cc keeps on crashing to death whenever i export media.
Used openCL/software only/ on sequence settings but NO LUCk..
I am using Lilu + whatevergreen.kext on this sapphire rx580 pulse 4gb edition.

Thanks!

can anyone help me with this card? I am using Lilu + whatevergreen.kext on this sapphire rx580 pulse 4gb edition.

For Sapphire RX 580 Pulse you[/COLOR] don't need anything !
Throw WeG out and if you have iGPU ON in BIOS, turn it OFF.

For Sapphire RX 580 Pulse you[/COLOR] don't need anything !
Throw WeG out and if you have iGPU ON in BIOS, turn it OFF.

Thanks for the reply Buddy, however, I am really tight on my deadlines...so I just sold it. Now I am using a GTX 960 instead...
will just upgrade for additional SSD instead. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back