Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 - Disappointing performance (10.12.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LeoDuke,

I have one more question ... is Your 580 working properly with both power connectors connected to the PSU? My card works "fine" if I use the 8-pin connector only. If I plug-in also the 6-pin connector, that the GPU is not recognised properly and many apps refuse to use it (for example Lighroom and some FCPX plug-ins).

So I am wondering what could be the problem. I guess that with both cables connected I may get better performance, but unfortunately the GPU doesn't work properly like this ...

And btw, it's a pity that You don't want to share Your config file, as it may help me and others to configure properly the 580. Maybe there could be something wrong in my settings ...

Hi LeoDuke,

I have one more question ... is Your 580 working properly with both power connectors connected to the PSU?
Yes !
Since the first second of the macOS installation, I use two connectors.
So I am wondering what could be the problem. I guess that with both cables connected I may get better performance, but unfortunately the GPU doesn't work properly like this ...
Am sorry 4 U, I don't know why.
And btw, it's a pity that You don't want to share Your config file, as it may help me and others to configure properly the 580. Maybe there could be something wrong in my settings ...
I've told you clearly, send me your list, I check that and maybe I can help you and the others with yo probs.

MERRY X-MASS

Yes !
Since the first second of the macOS installation, I use two connectors.

Am sorry 4 U, I don't know why.

I've told you clearly, send me your list, I check that and maybe I can help you and the others with yo probs.

MERRY X-MASS
Hi,

Merry Christmas to You also :)

I actually already sent You my config (Dec 18, 2017 at 6:47 PM), but You probably missed it ...

If You find something wrong, please let me know.

Thanks!

@rna23

U have 2 upload yo config.plist as a File right here

Attachments

• config.plist
    181 bytes · Views: 283
Last edited:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-27 um 04.15.31.png

That is what I did on December 18. Just go back in this thread to this date and You will find it attached there. I’m not by my computer at the moment, so I can’t send it again.
... misunderstanding, sorry.

U have 2 write in Yo valid ROM and SmUUID of Yo system (!)

Here the files 2 compare
I hope, it can help U.

Send me a feedback, please.

Attachments

• config-rna23.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 287
  • config-mod.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 420
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back