Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 - Disappointing performance (10.12.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the RX 580 Pulse 8G but it is not recognized by High Sierra 10.13.2. The exact model I purchased is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FMF8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. I was expecting it to work out of the box since I thought this was one of the reference cards. Any idea what I did wrong?

U have 2 show us yo EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, only then maybe someone could help U and answer yo question.

BTW, in yo signature stay "ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING GeForce 11GB OC Edition"... :confused:

I bought the RX 580 Pulse 8G but it is not recognized by High Sierra 10.13.2. The exact model I purchased is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FMF8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. I was expecting it to work out of the box since I thought this was one of the reference cards. Any idea what I did wrong?

I think I read something about new part numbers on macrumors so not only do we need to look out for the Sapphire Pulse but also the correct batch, yikes!
Struggle these days to get a stable hack running, good luck!

its all great, no throttling as a real mac would do, so you can get some serious work done, im happy :)

... I can confirm this :thumbup:

The same happens to my system :headbang:

I think I read something about new part numbers on macrumors so not only do we need to look out for the Sapphire Pulse but also the correct batch, yikes!

"The Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB is the only current generation AMD GPU identified correctly in macOS. This is due to it being used in the Apple external graphics dev kit. There are two part numbers for this particular RX 580, 113-4E353BU-O4E and 113-4E3531U-O4V. macOS checks for either of these part numbers in order to show “Radeon RX 580” instead of “AMD R9 XXX” in About this Mac."

The part number of my Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ is 113-1E3660U-O51 and after macOS installation "About this Mac" shows "AMD R9 xxx 8 GB", but even that the graphic card has full acceleration :clap:

4 cosmetic reason it can be used "KextsToPatch" to see "Radeon Pro 580 8 GB" instead of "AMD R9 xxx 8 GB” in About this Mac."

It’s working. I had to choose mini Mac 6.2 and my 5k is working perfectly. I noticed some graphic slowdowns after 20 minutes. I checked in other thread and I had to enable internal intel gpu and now everything is working properly.
:clap: :headbang: :thumbup: :headbang: :clap: :headbang: :thumbup:

Still, I have a question:
would not be better to use SMBIOS of MacPro6,1 instead of MiniMac6,2 ?

"The Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB is the only current generation AMD GPU identified correctly in macOS. This is due to it being used in the Apple external graphics dev kit. There are two part numbers for this particular RX 580, 113-4E353BU-O4E and 113-4E3531U-O4V. macOS checks for either of these part numbers in order to show “Radeon RX 580” instead of “AMD R9 XXX” in About this Mac."

The part number of my Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ is 113-1E3660U-O51 and after macOS installation "About this Mac" shows "AMD R9 xxx 8 GB", but even that the graphic card has full acceleration :clap:

4 cosmetic reason it can be used "KextsToPatch" to see "Radeon Pro 580 8 GB" instead of "AMD R9 xxx 8 GB” in About this Mac."

I believe this information is incorrect. According to GPU-Z my card part number is 113-4E3531U-O4V but it is not detected correctly OOB in 10.13.2. Based on the information i've seen elsewhere my card should work OOB but it does not. Is there some other issue with HS 10.13.2 detection of this card?

According to GPU-Z my card part number is 113-4E3531U-O4V but it is not detected correctly OOB in 10.13.2. Based on the information i've seen elsewhere my card should work OOB but it does not.

Am really sorry 4 U.

1. Did U make a fresh (clean) install ?
2. Do U use Beast staff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back