Contribute
Register

AMD RX 580 - Disappointing performance (10.12.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
signature.png

RX580-compare.png

The PULSE version have 0.050 MHz less Boost, only 1 x 8-Pol, 10 Watt less power consumption and as I know only 1 BIOS.
Well, if U can live (work) with it and want to full AMD GPU correctly identification in macOS, then buy the Sapphire PULS 8GB.

But, if U choose the other one, U'll be also satisfy, like me :headbang:

Hi,
I am building my first project in Hackintosh,
How does it perform in High Sierra ?

Thanks in advance

its all great, no throttling as a real mac would do, so you can get some serious work done, im happy :)

Looking forward to start the build. I have the GPU, the other parts arrive tomorrow except for the CPU.
Hope this build will run smoothly, I am a bit concerned about using untested parts in the official builds but i took the risk.

View attachment 300658

The PULSE version have 0.050 MHz less Boost, only 1 x 8-Pol, 10 Watt less power consumption and as I know only 1 BIOS.
Well, if U can live (work) with it and want to full AMD GPU correctly identification in macOS, then buy the Sapphire PULS 8GB.

But, if U choose the other one, U'll be also satisfy, like me :headbang:

Hi,

I already bought the Nitro+, installed and everything was (almost) fine. No problems after changing the NVIDIA for the AMD, it is much snappier, FCPX is much faster (not had more that 1 hour for tests) but I can't get it working in 5k with my DELL UP2715K :(.

I'm using OSX 10.13.2...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-21 07.27.16.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-21 07.27.16.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 218
on the amd site there was something noted about a limit below 5k for the rx 580 on monitors, not sure though

... great to hear about it :clap:

My Geekbench 4 & LuxMark scores looks almost the same:

1. Geekbech 4 2. LuxMark
View attachment 300607 View attachment 300608

I think, that "macnb" got really right :clap:

Hi, Yes, I agree that the Hack is made for work and not for benchmarking, but if You get bad performance, it's good to know why and how to solve it.

I would like to understand the existence of this two power connectors ... do You use both of them?
I can't understand why I got worse performance with both connectors plugged in ...

Hi, I already bought the Nitro+, installed and everything was (almost) fine. No problems after changing the NVIDIA for the AMD, it is much snappier, FCPX is much faster (not had more that 1 hour for tests)

... I am happy for you :thumbup:
but I can't get it working in 5k with my DELL UP2715K :(.

Am sorry to hear that, but maybe the following link would help you ?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rx580-dell-up2715k-and-sierra-10-12-5.225343/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back