Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 550 - 560 injected with Opencore macOS Big Sur

Hello, earlier this year i got two rx 550 to build two identical pc with an i3 10100f and a Gigabyte B560m DS3H AC, To update an old i76700k + Z170N Gaming 5 + HD530 as the 980ti i had stopped support on high sierra. And i had issues to making it work with just adding ghe FF67 Spoof, turns out, you also have to put whatevergreen kext inside the kext folders, otherwise when you spoof, the system will boot but you will get a black screen, so after adding the whatevergreeen kext i get 2GB polaris card, i tried this with big sur, and will update soon to try monterey or ventura.

i have got a dell 9020 sff. im planning to buy a gpu

Rx550Powercolor AMD Radeon Rx 550 Red Dragon Low Profile Single Fan 4Gb Gddr5 Pcie 3.0 Graphics Card. does it work​

Rx550Powercolor AMD Radeon Rx 550 Red Dragon Low Profile Single Fan 4Gb Gddr5 Pcie 3.0 Graphics Card. does it work​

It depends on how which chipset it uses - Polaris or Lexa.

Some say they can spoof Lexa as Polaris and it works. I'm sceptical.

Mine is 255W does it work?

I do not know what "255W" means, sorry.

However, a quick look at the GPUZOO site shows us:

GPU.jpg

... so the models you would find will work are the "Baffin LE" versions. The Lexa ones are to be avoided.

Hopefully your 4GB model is one of the Baffin ones.

The Baffin chipset is essentially a limited 560 and has native support in macOS.

:)

Avoid it and get the AMD Radeon WX4100. Most of the RX 550s don't work. A few of them do, it's for certain the WX4100 will work. No variants.

This LP card is Lexa based, won't work with macOS. Would need to be 640 SP to be a Baffin card.

‎AXRX 550 4GBD5-HLE

Screen_Shot_12.jpg

Last edited:
Back