Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 550 - 560 injected with Opencore macOS Big Sur

looks like a refund is in order then?

I was hoping to find out why they're behaving exactly the same way, rectify the issue and use one of them in my editing rig.

my understanding is that these cards are supposed to be plug n play easy upgrades.

this is odd... done folks from Dell forums says it's impossible to run rx cards on this platform, others say it works fine.

I'm finding it hard to believe u have two bad cards. I mean, that's basically my luck but still.

That doesn't make sense.

I agree. but still, I keep finding "it won't work" in different forums.

I can get into BIOS, but it's really hard to see anything ;-)

I can't believe just how much conflicting information there is about running low profile rx550 in this old Dell. wow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421-133116.png
    Screenshot_20220421-133116.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 67
I agree. but still, I keep finding "it won't work" in different forums.

I can get into BIOS, but it's really hard to see anything ;-)

I can't believe just how much conflicting information there is about running low profile rx550 in this old Dell. wow

I don't believe that. How can a standard PC video card not work in a standard PC? That defeats the entire concept of standardization.

I have the pink yestron rx550 4gb mentioned earlier. when I start the computer the only available resolution is 1080p, and no acceleration.

I'm sure that I do not understand what needs to be done to access full memory and acceleration of this card. is it as simple as adding a boot argument each time the computer is started ?

I'm running Catalina on a Dell 7010.

thanks!
You need to do this:

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 5.42.51 AM.png

Also add npci=0x2000 as a NVRAM boot-arg. No need for agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=ignore (for RX cards).

I don't believe that. How can a standard PC video card not work in a standard PC? That defeats the entire concept of standardization.

agreed, standardization is great.

just the same, if I boot with both the rx and my old gt710 connected to the display, I can access the bios from the 710 and see the rx listed in video cards.... but if I boot with the rx connected to the display, this happens

Attachments

• KIMG4989.JPG
    KIMG4989.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Back