Contribute
Register

AMD Radeon RX 550 - 560 injected with Opencore macOS Big Sur

The worst thing ever happend to hackintosh is OpenCore. It is un-updatable and it is uncapable to spoof a simple 67FF and it is terrible documented
So I'm also not able to fix my MSI radeon RX550 (Lexa Pro 2Gb ) and stuck with 7Mb ram. It used to be a breeze in Clover.
No matter what I do in config.plist, it still show up as 699F so is
Is there really nobody out there who knows how to spoof a vendor-ID in OpenCore ??? It must be possible, Clover could do it....

This looks like a fascinating thread ...

From what I'm "hearing" Lexa GPU cores are easy to spoof and make compatible with macOS. Who'da thunk it?

Back in the day when Dell first brought out these little RX cards there were RX460/RX550/RX560 variants
running the "Baffin" chipset - 67FF - which IIRC had 640 sp. to start with and were then upgraded to 892 RX560 spec. as - 67EF.

It seems logical you can spoof a Baffin RX550 to match later RX560 spec, but just ever so slightly incredible if you can spoof the newer Lexa - 699F - version to Polaris - 6FDF - which was the next step for the RX560, and the start of a supported RX range.

But hey, great if you can. :crazy:

This looks like a fascinating thread ...

From what I'm "hearing" Lexa GPU cores are easy to spoof and make compatible with macOS. Who'da thunk it?

Back in the day when Dell first brought out these little RX cards there were RX460/RX550/RX560 variants
running the "Baffin" chipset - 67FF - which IIRC had 640 sp. to start with and were then upgraded to 892 RX560 spec. as - 67EF.

It seems logical you can spoof a Baffin RX550 to match later RX560 spec, but just ever so slightly incredible if you can spoof the newer Lexa - 699F - version to Polaris - 6FDF - which was the next step for the RX560, and the start of a supported RX range.

But hey, great if you can. :crazy:
Well I have a Lexa 699F (MSI Aero ITX RX550) I guess the same card as guerreroz01 and alejita27 who started this thread, But I don't get it working properly.
The three of us ( guerreroz alejita tanya) are frustrated, because we want tot spoof 699F to 67FF: People reported it could be done in Clover but is seems to be impossible with OpenCore: just the name of the card changes, not the ID

Maybe it is REALLY impossible to get rid of the 7 Mb ram problem on Monterey and Big Sur with this card.

@ guerreroz01 Did ýou finally solve the 7 Mb problem?
@ ori69 What is the Yeston showing with gpu-z ? ( maybe I buy a Yeston if it shows 67FF in Gpu-z :) )

Attachments

• gpu-z.PNG
    gpu-z.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 519
I got a Sapphire RX550 Pulse and ID is 699F with no kext loaded in Monterey. I too am using OC, need a way to spoof the card so I can use all acceleration.

this only change the name, still have the same issue 7MB Vram
Got this working yet? I think I have the same problem but also no kext loaded for my RX550

I think this is the crux of the problem:

You can get display output from a Lexa core RX550 by spoofing the device-ID but you can't get hardware acceleration. The first sign of which will be a translucent dock, and the second, all memory being recognised.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but haven't been so far. :rolleyes:

Me here too for this problem.
First post here, hope it's fine!

My Config:
B550 Master
RX 550 Pulse 2GB (LEXA)
16gb 3600 Ram
NVMe 970 Evo Plus

My Config it's not getting H264.
Tested with VideoProc, VDADecoderChecker
videoPro.png

VDA Error:

Already followed Opencore Guide for fixing DRMs.
Spoofing using SSDT.
no-gfx-spoof entered, device id 67FF

Attached EFI,IOReg.

If someone have any suggestions it's much appreciated.

EDIT:

Using -radcodec boot arg make them work.
Unfairvga needed for Apple TV Green Screen.
Schermata 2022-01-15 alle 09.44.39.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 665
  • Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Hi, I'm trying to install big sur but I have the problem that the screen stays on the apple logo and does not advance

SPECS:
MB: Huananzhi x99 F8
CPU: Xeon E5 2620 v3
GPU: RX550 4GB (Yeston Lexa)

How can I do to falsify the card to be able to advance to the installation?

I would appreciate your help!

Back