Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Airdrop Ok - Handoff Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

To be honest I am now using the Z590i Aorus Ultra and no longer have the Z490i version. If it is not in the Z490 BIOS then I apologise.

In that case you just need to actively remove the Internal USB port being used for Intel wifi from your configuration.

As we don't know which that port is, try running IORegistryExplorer.app and search for bluetooth. It should come up twice in USB - your Broadcom and the Intel. Once you can identify the Intel port you are almost there.

I'm still a little confused though because in my Z490i Aorus Ultra the BT USB for Intel was always HS14. Why yours isn't does baffle me!
@UtterDisbelief I disabled ALL active internal USB ports, and no joy. In IORegistryExplorer, the only Bluetooth I see is HS12, which is where I have the Broadcom plugged up. HS13 and HS14 shows the following, which is not helpful:

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 1.22.00 PM.png

and HS02 shows:

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 1.23.06 PM.png

@UtterDisbelief I disabled ALL active internal USB ports, and no joy. In IORegistryExplorer, the only Bluetooth I see is HS12, which is where I have the Broadcom plugged up. HS13 and HS14 shows the following, which is not helpful:

View attachment 560040

and HS02 shows:

View attachment 560041

Okay, confusion reigns! But I'm always willing to go deeper! :D

Right, I've attached a USBPort.kext for you to try. If you are feeling up for an experiment, use this kext as a test.

Make sure there are no other active USB configuration kexts active. Make sure the XhciPortLimit quirk is disabled etc.

This is from my own Z490i Aorus Ultra build - tested, working and published. However I have modified it to match your system.

It might not recognise your Broadcom addition, but should activate Intel once more and at HS14 because that's where it is. With this done, take a look at IORegistryExplorer again and check it out.

If the kext doesn't do as expected ... then there must be something else in your system we do not know about causing all this mayhem!

Attachments

• USBPorts.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 15
Okay, confusion reigns! But I'm always willing to go deeper! :D

Right, I've attached a USBPort.kext for you to try. If you are feeling up for an experiment, use this kext as a test.

Make sure there are no other active USB configuration kexts active. Make sure the XhciPortLimit quirk is disabled etc.

This is from my own Z490i Aorus Ultra build - tested, working and published. However I have modified it to match your system.

It might not recognise your Broadcom addition, but should activate Intel once more and at HS14 because that's where it is. With this done, take a look at IORegistryExplorer again and check it out.

If the kext doesn't do as expected ... then there must be something else in your system we do not know about causing all this mayhem!
@UtterDisbelief

I will absolutely try that, thank you. But here's what I'm wondering, and this is coming from a total layman's perspective, but could this have anything to do with the DMAR SSDT we created when we were trying to get the onboard WiFi activated when I was having trouble booting into Ventura?

Attaching my redacted EFI folder. I remember that DMAR stuff was a little painful, and I didn't really understand it, but it did get the onboard WiFi working.

Attachments

• EFI For Posting.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 31
@UtterDisbelief

So, took me a little while to find ports where my wired mouse and keyboard would work, but once I did, here's what I saw in Hackintool and IORegistryExplorer. Looks like something else is going on.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 2.26.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 2.28.33 PM.png

Should I have the Intel kexts installed to make the Intel card show up in IORegistry, or does that matter. Again, my full EFI is in the previous post.

@UtterDisbelief

I will absolutely try that, thank you. But here's what I'm wondering, and this is coming from a total layman's perspective, but could this have anything to do with the DMAR SSDT we created when we were trying to get the onboard WiFi activated when I was having trouble booting into Ventura?

Attaching my redacted EFI folder. I remember that DMAR stuff was a little painful, and I didn't really understand it, but it did get the onboard WiFi working.

Yes, your EFI looks fine.

I'll be honest I have never needed to go through the DMAR configuration for my PCs. A lot of people mention it but Direct Memory Access I leave to the software.

Let me know how you get on with the kext. :thumbup:

@UtterDisbelief

So, took me a little while to find ports where my wired mouse and keyboard would work, but once I did, here's what I saw in Hackintool and IORegistryExplorer. Looks like something else is going on.

View attachment 560045

View attachment 560046

Should I have the Intel kexts installed to make the Intel card show up in IORegistry, or does that matter. Again, my full EFI is in the previous post.

Sorry our messages crossed. Give me five to check this ...

@UtterDisbelief

View attachment 560045

View attachment 560046

Right, here goes...

First thing to do is to mouse-click the Broom icon in the bottom row of the Hackintool window. Once done, mouse-click on the circular arrows icon. This will clear and reload the USB port data.

It should have many fewer ports than own your screen above.

If you use the USBPorts I supplied these are the ports you should see:

HS01
HS03
HS04
HS07
HS08
HS11
HS12
HS13
HS14

SS03
SS04
SS05
SS06
SS07
SS08

That's the 15 in the kext.

Let me know.

:thumbup:

Right, here goes...

First thing to do is to mouse-click the Broom icon in the bottom row of the Hackintool window. Once done, mouse-click on the circular arrows icon. This will clear and reload the USB port data.

It should have many fewer ports than own your screen above.

If you use the USBPorts I supplied these are the ports you should see:

HS01
HS03
HS04
HS07
HS08
HS11
HS12
HS13
HS14

SS03
SS04
SS05
SS06
SS07
SS08

That's the 15 in the kext.

Let me know.

:thumbup:
@UtterDisbelief Sorry it took me a while, I had to go pick up the kids. Yes, those are the ports that show after the sweep/refresh.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 3.48.23 PM.png

HS14 is still showing as IOUSBHostDevice, but I see your BlueTooth in the comment field. So, I should disable that port, reboot, and see what happens?

@UtterDisbelief Sorry it took me a while, I had to go pick up the kids. Yes, those are the ports that show after the sweep/refresh.

View attachment 560057

HS14 is still showing as IOUSBHostDevice, but I see your BlueTooth in the comment field. So, I should disable that port, reboot, and see what happens?

Exactly, yes.

IOUSBHostDevice is the root for the BT "tree". :thumbup:

(Don't apologise for picking up the kids - I have to pick up my daughter from University tomorrow!)

Exactly, yes.

IOUSBHostDevice is the root for the BT "tree". :thumbup:

(Don't apologise for picking up the kids - I have to pick up my daughter from University tomorrow!)
@UtterDisbelief Thank you. Ok. Did that. You can see here that Port 14 is gone:

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 4.11.28 PM.png

But Bluetooth is still not discoverable. :(

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 4.11.50 PM.png

So, we've turned off the port for sure, and it still isn't working. The problem lies elsewhere. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back