Contribute
Register

ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not format the Windows drive MSDOS FAT - it creates a hybrid GPT+/MBR partition and forces Legacy mode installation od Windows. Best thing you can do at this point is to install from scratch. If you use OS X Disk utility to preformat the drive, format ti the same as if you were installing OS X. See the pinned guide for MultiBooting OS X/Win10 in the MultiBooting Forum.
Understood - once re-installed will Clover recognize it or will I have config something to have it show as option (and get ready of the windows legacy options that points to the HDD storage) tks.

Understood - once re-installed will Clover recognize it or will I have config something to have it show as option (and get ready of the windows legacy options that points to the HDD storage) tks.
See the pinned guide, this forum.

IMG_6619.jpg
See the pinned guide, this forum.
Trying, but Windows does not like the Mac OS Journaled format, I can't deselect/del / or format. Also, I'm not installing to a partition rather to a separate SSD from what my Mac OS is on.

View attachment 212397
Trying, but Windows does not like the Mac OS Journaled format, I can't deselect/del / or format. Also, I'm not installing to a partition rather to a separate SSD from what my Mac OS is on.
You cannot install the OS on the EFI partition.

If installing on drive 0, select partition 2, click delete. Make sure the unallocated space is hi-lited/selected (do not touch the EFI partition), click Next.
If you booted the USB installer UEFI in the first place there should be no problem.

You cannot install the OS on the EFI partition.

If installing on drive 0, select partition 2, click delete. Make sure the unallocated space is hi-lited/selected (do not touch the EFI partition), click Next.
If you booted the USB installer UEFI in the first place there should be no problem.

I'm back up and running with 2 OS.
My challenge were your instructions From the Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives is there were no apparent instructions on creating the Windows bootable USB, your instructions where were also more for a partitioned drive, not two separate SSDs, and GUID/Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format DID not work when installing Windows 10. I unplugged all Sata connected drives except the one I wanted to install Windows on and via the DVD drive and Windows install DVD was able to get to the command prompt and format it as NTFS. For now the system defaults to launching Windows which is fine, I can F12 and choose the Clover EFI which takes me to the boot screen where I can now choose the Mac OS X from SSD drive, or the Windows EFI (the legacy option is still showing up however to the right). Any suggestions and tweaks appreciated, but for now I have two functioning OSs again!

CloverMultiBoot.png

I'm back up and running with 2 OS.
My challenge were your instructions From the Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives is there were no apparent instructions on creating the Windows bootable USB, your instructions where were also more for a partitioned drive, not two separate SSDs, and GUID/Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format DID not work when installing Windows 10. I unplugged all Sata connected drives except the one I wanted to install Windows on and via the DVD drive and Windows install DVD was able to get to the command prompt and format it as NTFS. For now the system defaults to launching Windows which is fine, I can F12 and choose the Clover EFI which takes me to the boot screen where I can now choose the Mac OS X from SSD drive, or the Windows EFI (the legacy option is still showing up however to the right). Any suggestions and tweaks appreciated, but for now I have two functioning OSs again!
Boot to UEFI/BIOS and move the OS X drive to first in BBS boot order. Follow the steps at the end of the guide to rename the Windows boot file if needed.

Felt no need to write a guide on how to create the Install USBs because there are already many guides out there in the WWW. Also, I have linked the Microsoft guide to how to create the USB many times already and the OS X guide is already available here on the forum. If you use Ubuntu, you already know how to create a USB installer, so you need no guide.

Boot to UEFI/BIOS and move the OS X drive to first in BBS boot order. Follow the steps at the end of the guide to rename the Windows boot file if needed.

Felt no need to write a guide on how to create the Install USBs because there are already many guides out there in the WWW. Also, I have linked the Microsoft guide to how to create the USB many times already and the OS X guide is already available here on the forum. If you use Ubuntu, you already know how to create a USB installer, so you need no guide.

Thanks, I did try (because I don't have a PC) several methods to create a USB Windows but with no success, luckily I had purchased Win 10 on a DVD and this worked. My suggestion (as I've noticed on some guides) is to update the first page with the most current info (which I guess if you wanted to hyperlink to instructions from there) having to dig through this (albeit wonderful site) is sometimes challenging finding what is the latest solution for your build/OS version etc.

Appreciate all the help!

Thanks, I did try (because I don't have a PC) several methods to create a USB Windows but with no success, luckily I had purchased Win 10 on a DVD and this worked. My suggestion (as I've noticed on some guides) is to update the first page with the most current info (which I guess if you wanted to hyperlink to instructions from there) having to dig through this (albeit wonderful site) is sometimes challenging finding what is the latest solution for your build/OS version etc.

Appreciate all the help!
OMG - those steps put me right back where I was, not boot option for Windows SSD, if I make it the priority boot now it does not recognize there's a formatted drive - ugh!!!!

OMG - those steps put me right back where I was, not boot option for Windows SSD, if I make it the priority boot now it does not recognize there's a formatted drive - ugh!!!!
No idea why Clover would have put this back the way it was. Top screen is when everything was working just fine.

bootBeforeAfter.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back