Contribute
Register

ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
what should i install first ??windows 10 or OS X ??
and how about clover ?? should i install first then i copy "efi microsoft" or what ??

what the meaning of this "C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi" ??
Entering this is not an option, I can't get to Windows at all. I've tried F12 (selecting which boot drive) and returns the "Reboot and select proper boot device..." error. I've tried via Bios to change boot order (does not work) it's like Clover just does not see the drive again, this happens every time I make a change the config.plist via Clover Configurator or update the Clover Boot program.

RebootSelectBoot.png

Last edited:
what should i install first ??windows 10 or OS X ??
and how about clover ?? should i install first then i copy "efi microsoft" or what ??

Your answer is in the title of this thread, "
ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI" re-read page 1.

Right Steps :
  1. Boot windows 10/8.1/8 [ In Legacy Mode ].
  2. Open Command Prompt [CMD] as administrator
  3. Insert Command :
    Code:
    bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi
  4. Now Go to C drive and then open EFI folder .
  5. Copy all the contents into a usb drive [ mainly there are two folder : "Boot" & "Microsoft" ]
  6. Restart PC/Notebook , set Boot Mode to UEFI.
  7. Boot OSX/MacOS & Mount EFI Partition using Clover configurator or Using Finder-Preference.
  8. Open USB drive and go to Boot folder & Rename "bootx64.efi" to "BOOTX64-win.efi"
  9. Now open the EFI Partition , Then Open EFI folder & Copy "BOOTX64-win.efi" to BOOT Folder.
  10. Go to USB drive again & Copy Microsoft folder to EFI Folder of EFI Partition you mounted. Now you will have 4 folders inside EFI i.e. "Apple", "Boot", "Clover" & "Microsoft".
  11. Restart your MAC & choose Windows option from clover bootmenu.

FIX For Only Windows Loading :
After these steps is quite possible that your Notebook/PC is only Booting Windows Partition or drive , to fix it follow theses steps:

1. Go to Bios Setting.
  2. Found option like "Add NEW Boot Entry" [ option only available after setting boot mode to UFEI ]
  3. Add Name (Your Choice) & Path = " EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi "
  4. Save setting and reboot again into BIOS.
  5. Move Your this new Boot Entry in Top of Your Boot Mode or Boot Priority .
  6. Save BIOS Setting and Restart Normally.
These steps worked, finally! - As I could not boot into Windows at all - I was able to use the Windows 10 install DVD, and during setup get to the Command prompt. Then once back in my Mac OS my Windows SSD shows up there and was able to copy from the mentioned folders under Windows into the clover EFI folder as instructed (no need for the USB stick etc.), restarted and was able to boot into Windows via Clover option. I AM SCARED somehow this will change again in future updates of Clover as it has happened twice already (typically modifying the config.plist via Clover Configurator). Thanks again!

Thanks for the guide! Instead of using the attached files I took the Microsoft folder and bootx64.efi from my Windows drive and used these instead. That works fine too.

How do I revert the command "bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi "? because now in clover gui i ve an entry i do not need anymore! could you help?

Hi Guys,

I'm following
Right Steps :
  1. Boot windows 10/8.1/8 [ In Legacy Mode ].
  2. Open Command Prompt [CMD] as administrator
  3. Insert Command :
    Code:
    bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi
  4. Now Go to C drive and then open EFI folder .
  5. Copy all the contents into a usb drive [ mainly there are two folder : "Boot" & "Microsoft" ]
  6. Restart PC/Notebook , set Boot Mode to UEFI.
  7. Boot OSX/MacOS & Mount EFI Partition using Clover configurator or Using Finder-Preference.
  8. Open USB drive and go to Boot folder & Rename "bootx64.efi" to "BOOTX64-win.efi"
  9. Now open the EFI Partition , Then Open EFI folder & Copy "BOOTX64-win.efi" to BOOT Folder.
  10. Go to USB drive again & Copy Microsoft folder to EFI Folder of EFI Partition you mounted. Now you will have 4 folders inside EFI i.e. "Apple", "Boot", "Clover" & "Microsoft".
  11. Restart your MAC & choose Windows option from clover bootmenu.

FIX For Only Windows Loading :
After these steps is quite possible that your Notebook/PC is only Booting Windows Partition or drive , to fix it follow theses steps:

1. Go to Bios Setting.
  2. Found option like "Add NEW Boot Entry" [ option only available after setting boot mode to UFEI ]
  3. Add Name (Your Choice) & Path = " EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi "
  4. Save setting and reboot again into BIOS.
  5. Move Your this new Boot Entry in Top of Your Boot Mode or Boot Priority .
  6. Save BIOS Setting and Restart Normally.

And still no success, might be the difference I have as follow:
  • I'm using windows 8.1
  • I only can boot to windows by manual override select from BIOS
  • When I execute bcdboot I've got an error message cannot copy boot
  • But on my C drive I can see I have folder ESD, and have the same boot structure, so I copy from ESD (was this right ?)
  • When I boot to windows by this new EFI I got message "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" and then blank.
  • I have a partition called "System Reserved" not sure what is this for,
Thanks,

Hi Guys,

I'm following

And still no success, might be the difference I have as follow:
  • I'm using windows 8.1
  • I only can boot to windows by manual override select from BIOS
  • When I execute bcdboot I've got an error message cannot copy boot
  • But on my C drive I can see I have folder ESD, and have the same boot structure, so I copy from ESD (was this right ?)
  • When I boot to windows by this new EFI I got message "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" and then blank.
  • I have a partition called "System Reserved" not sure what is this for,
Thanks,
click start->Run and type in msinfo32 and hit enter. Look for BIOS mode listing - if you have Legacy BIOS showing you need to install Clover in Legacy Mode to boot Windows in Legacy Mode.

Thanks Logan for You're Step by Step , Been running around looking for solution to get My INTEL SSD 1.2TB NVMe as My single Drive to dual boot OSX Sierra and Windows 10 finally nailed it, and successfully get both on the same SSD Drive.

click start->Run and type in msinfo32 and hit enter. Look for BIOS mode listing - if you have Legacy BIOS showing you need to install Clover in Legacy Mode to boot Windows in Legacy Mode.
Thanks,

Yes, seems like my Win 8.1 is legacy boot, my current condition is I already have installed win 8.1 on different SSD.
So, this is what I have done on my disk.
  1. Convert my windows disk to GPT
  2. Delete system reserver partition and replace with EFI partition
  3. Create boot EFI partition with commend bcdboot

1. Download gpt-fdisk (gdisk) for Windows. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/gptfdisk/)
    • Extract it and Put it somewhere on your disk
  2. Boot into Windows Recovery Environment.
  3. Restart your PC Windows and boot using this media (Legacy or UEFI Mode).
  4. Get to the command prompt. Either by pressing Shift+F10 or by navigating to it.
  5. Go to diskpart and find out the disk identifier for your Windows installation and use these command below
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • sel disk X (where X is your Windows drive number)
    • list par (Once you get the Disk number and the partition details),
    • Exit
  6. Navigate to the location where gdisk binary is kept and type:
    • gdisk -l X: (Replace X with the disk number) This will list out the partitions available in the disk.
    • Confirm this is the one your want to convert.
  7. Now, convert the partition table from MBR to GPT.
    • gdisk X:
    • Press y
    • Type w to write changes
    • Press y whenever prompted.
  8. Once it completed type the following commands:
    • diskpart
    • sel disk X (Replace X with the disk number)
    • list par # to check on your partition is GPT now.
  9. Now we want to replace the old legacy partition for our EFI partition
    • Note the partition number of the partition which you want to replace
      • sel par X (Replace X with the System Reserved Partition)
      • del par override
      • create par efi format fs = fat32 quick (Format this with fat32)
      • assign letter = S:
      • exit
  10. Copying boot files. Find out the partition in which Windows is installed.
    • Note, the partition letter here might be different than the partition letter you see in Windows.
      • Perform dir X: on each partition letter you think can have the Windows installation and confirm X.
      • Then type:
        • bcdboot X:\Windows /l en-us /s S: /f ALL 10
        • Done.
      • Now reboot in UEFI mode.
  11. Let's check if we have indeed booted in UEFI or not!! Type msinfo32 in run and hit enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back