Contribute
Register

10.8.3: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx Graphics Testing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have EX58-UD5 which unfortunately does not have integrated graphics. My hack works well with GTX260 and sleep works when booted into OSX but when I plugin my 7970 and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I do get white screen but when I tap power button sleep does not work no more. I am stuck on white screen:beachball:. I dont have any ATI card around to set that as primary:(.

Can anyone help me resolve sleep issue? :angel: have tried sleepenabler kext and deleted NullPower... kext also I tried Intel Power Management and Reset Cmos option in Multibeast as someone suggested but in vein.
Thanx

You can use the 260 as primary boot card? Doesnt have to be a ati card:) I have the same mobo as you. Dont use sleep kext. Just be sure null cpu is gone. Check it in loaded extensions in about my mac.

I have EX58-UD5 which unfortunately does not have integrated graphics. My hack works well with GTX260 and sleep works when booted into OSX but when I plugin my 7970 and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I do get white screen but when I tap power button sleep does not work no more. I am stuck on white screen:beachball:. I dont have any ATI card around to set that as primary:(.

Can anyone help me resolve sleep issue? :angel: have tried sleepenabler kext and deleted NullPower... kext also I tried Intel Power Management and Reset Cmos option in Multibeast as someone suggested but in vein.
Thanx

If your motherboard have two PCI-e port enoung power put both graphics card in and set the GTX260 as primary. You might need to swap the graphic cards around in the PCIe port if your BIOS doesn't allow you to chose.

I would also like to add that my build is working with and without a DSDT.

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
SANDYBRIDGE 2700K
16GB DDR3
REVODRIVE 240GB
7970 VAPER-X 6GB

The 7970 shows up as 7XXX with only 2GB when I enter "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" I have loaded a few games and it does work ASIS.
Please let me know if any only could help me with a DSDT to fix the memory and buffer issues.
Also I have all ports working on this card.
Do you know your device ID? I'd really like to add that card to here since we don't have a 7970 Vapor-X 6GB yet.

I have a passive Sapphire 7750, and, booting from Unibeast USB, sleep/waking to log in, it works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Ultimate-PCI-Express-Graphics-11202-03-40G/dp/B007M8SGJA/

I have a Gigabyte b75m-d3h motherboard, and it's been fantastic up until now. I can't set the default GPU to integrated and having integrated graphics disabled. The computer turns on/off twice after trying to save that as the setting, then sets the default GPU to "auto". Of course, since the integrated GPU is disabled, it automatically picks the 7750, which Chimera doesn't like.

Any tips? Should I try Clover? If I do try Clover, do I need to reinstall OSX from scratch, or will it overwrite Chimera?

Thanx arkkum and suheri for your reply. I tried using GTX260 with 7970, GTX260 set as primary card but the system get stuck in boot loop: It boots up goes into chimera but as soon as I press enter it boots again:banghead:. Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No as well but same results. No error just reboots. I have enogh power 1000W platinum PSU and mobo supports tri-cossfire & sli. I am lost :crazy:

I have a passive Sapphire 7750, and, booting from Unibeast USB, sleep/waking to log in, it works fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Ultimate-PCI-Express-Graphics-11202-03-40G/dp/B007M8SGJA/

I have a Gigabyte b75m-d3h motherboard, and it's been fantastic up until now. I can't set the default GPU to integrated and having integrated graphics disabled. The computer turns on/off twice after trying to save that as the setting, then sets the default GPU to "auto". Of course, since the integrated GPU is disabled, it automatically picks the 7750, which Chimera doesn't like.

Any tips? Should I try Clover? If I do try Clover, do I need to reinstall OSX from scratch, or will it overwrite Chimera?

when you go into the bios press f1 for advanced settings click on the pci slot section and select igfx the setting will stay but the setting for internal graphics always reverts but i was able to make some progress with my 7970 that way but still cant get it to boot maybe you will have better progress.. i even tried using my old 5870 as boot card and just get stuck in a boot loop.. hate to say it but ive given up for now

Thanx arkkum and suheri for your reply. I tried using GTX260 with 7970, GTX260 set as primary card but the system get stuck in boot loop: It boots up goes into chimera but as soon as I press enter it boots again:banghead:. Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No as well but same results. No error just reboots. I have enogh power 1000W platinum PSU and mobo supports tri-cossfire & sli. I am lost :crazy:

You graphics card is a 7970x2 (saw your system profiler) which is a xcross fire version of the 7970. I don't think you will have much luck getting it to work because it's a crossfire version on one PCB, which 10.8.3 does not support.

would the cards bios being overclocked effect it being used for this

If the BOIS modification made a lot of changes to AMD reference design, I would say. YES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back